• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

More wikileaks to come for Hillary?

tosca1

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
It sounds like there are more, and they'll be released strategically, for more effect!

Assange: 'We have more material related to the Hillary Clinton campaign'
August 2, 2016

WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange is boasting about how his group's release of hacked Democratic National Committee emails is affecting the US presidential election -- and says it has unreleased information about Hillary Clinton's campaign.
"We have more material related to the Hillary Clinton campaign," Assange told CNN's Anderson Cooper on "Anderson 360" Friday night. "That is correct to say that."

Assange said release of the information was timed to coincide with the start of the Democratic National Convention.
"That's when we knew there would be maximum interest by readers, but also, we have a responsibility to," Assange said. "If we published after, you can just imagine how outraged the Democratic voting population would have been. It had to had to have been before (the convention)."

Assange also said more material is forthcoming that is "extremely interesting."

"We have more material related to the Hillary Clinton campaign. That is correct to say that," he said. "Those are extremely interesting. We will see what will come of them."
Assange: Leaks were timed for opening of Democratic convention - CNNPolitics.com

-------------------------------------

The following remains to be seen.

Next leak will lead to arrest of Hillary Clinton – Assange

Who knows? Assange might be just blowing his own horn.

Do you really think he knows if what he plans on leaking next will lead to Hillary's arrest? I really don't think he knows.

We'll all just have to see what comes next.

I have generally been in favor of wiki leaks and I am all for them releasing these emails. But I am uncomfortable with this careful timing of the release. It reeks of election manipulation rather than whistle blowing. Just release them!

I have generally been in favor of wiki leaks and I am all for them releasing these emails. But I am uncomfortable with this careful timing of the release. It reeks of election manipulation rather than whistle blowing. Just release them!

He does not have clintons personal emails.

Assange must do something to occupy his free time in the Ecuadorean embassy. He must be sick of empanadas and Ecuadorean soap reruns.

Who knows? Assange might be just blowing his own horn.

Do you really think he knows if what he plans on leaking next will lead to Hillary's arrest? I really don't think he knows.

We'll all just have to see what comes next.

Has he ever lied about it in the past? As far as I'm tracking, he's pretty much always delivered. The only thing that may be a stretch is not what what is contained in the release so much as too much trust being put into our criminal justice system for the elites. No matter what comes out, it will still take AG Lynch, someone who got her first appointment from Clinton and currently works for Obama, to actually prosecute her.

Does anyone think that will actually happen? I don't think so.

Maybe he feels he is justified in doing so because the media has been complicit in electioneering themselves so he's acting as a counterbalance. If he doesn't time it better, then that will give the Clinton machine, and the complicit media, to snow it under by the time elections comes about.

Maybe he feels he is justified in doing so because the media has been complicit in electioneering themselves so he's acting as a counterbalance. If he doesn't time it better, then that will give the Clinton machine, and the complicit media, to snow it under by the time elections comes about.

I don't think assange has any of Hilliary Clinton's personal emails

I highly doubt the Russians found Hilliary clintons private emails.

Who said anything about Russians? Has Assange ever not come through with what he has promised?

Doesn't matter. Those that support Hillary will remain supporters no matter what is released. Is it criminal? We won't see any action on that front until after the election anyway, so unless Trump wins, it'll be buried. Sorry. I have no faith in any of this. It might be titillating for the media, but I until I see it, I put no faith in it that anything which would significantly sway the election will be exposed. Naturally, I could be wrong. So it's up to Assange to prove his stuff is serious.

Doesn't matter what he has, she won't be arrested. Even if she were, she'd be pardoned. There's no justice for the "just us" elites.

It does stink of election manipulation, and the fact it comes out a little at a time at key points, leads me to believe he probably has enough evidence to ensure hillary would not win even against satan, but he is time releasing it at critical points, most likely the bag is nowhere near empty and he will try to save the best for right before election day.

I personally would rather have all the dirt out now, so the candidates can focus on policy rather than defending themselves of past doings.

It does stink of election manipulation, and the fact it comes out a little at a time at key points, leads me to believe he probably has enough evidence to ensure hillary would not win even against satan, but he is time releasing it at critical points, most likely the bag is nowhere near empty and he will try to save the best for right before election day.

I personally would rather have all the dirt out now, so the candidates can focus on policy rather than defending themselves of past doings.

I personally would rather have the guy in jail.

I personally would rather have the guy in jail.

I do not think he will end up in jail, infact the charges come from a country extremely lenient on prison sentences, had he turned himself in he would have already been out.

But assange has pissed off nearly every govt in the world by exposing them to the public. Him being turned over likely means he will be killed, which may be why he is hiding, rather than going to trial to sit in a country club european prison.

I do not think he will end up in jail, infact the charges come from a country extremely lenient on prison sentences, had he turned himself in he would have already been out.

But assange has pissed off nearly every govt in the world by exposing them to the public. Him being turned over likely means he will be killed, which may be why he is hiding, rather than going to trial to sit in a country club european prison.

If we can't arrest assange, then arrest the hacker who stole the emails.

Has he ever lied about it in the past? As far as I'm tracking, he's pretty much always delivered. The only thing that may be a stretch is not what what is contained in the release so much as too much trust being put into our criminal justice system for the elites. No matter what comes out, it will still take AG Lynch, someone who got her first appointment from Clinton and currently works for Obama, to actually prosecute her.

Does anyone think that will actually happen? I don't think so.

No, not at all. The fix is in. Obama's DOJ and Obama's FBI simply will not charge and prosecute Hillary, regardless of the evidence against her.
The US has ceased to be a nation governed by laws, and we'll pay dearly for that in the future.

If we can't arrest assange, then arrest the hacker who stole the emails.

We can not enter a foreign country and arrest someone for breaking a us law when they are not a us citizen, that requires cooperation from said govt, and since it is most likely russia, that will not happen without sparking ww3.

Assange is hiding for this reason, sweden laws on rape are a joke compared to britain or the us. He himself stated he did not fear proceedings, but he fears they would extradite him to the us where he would face at minimum life in prison and likely the death penalty.

I agree with you, but it makes me wonder what his intent is. If he has something that damaging then releasing it between now and Election Day likely hurts Hillary and helps Trump. It seems weird that he would want to help Trump. I always saw Assange as a lefty. I could see him liking Bernie over Hillary but then why not release it all before the convention? But then he may have a personal grudge against the Democrats since it is Obama that he sees as coming after him.

Maybe he thinks it would help a 3rd party win? Both Johnson and Stein have said they would consider pardoning Snowden and Manning so I could see him wanting to help them. I don't know.

I agree with you, but it makes me wonder what his intent is. If he has something that damaging then releasing it between now and Election Day likely hurts Hillary and helps Trump. It seems weird that he would want to help Trump. I always saw Assange as a lefty. I could see him liking Bernie over Hillary but then why not release it all before the convention? But then he may have a personal grudge against the Democrats since it is Obama that he sees as coming after him.

Maybe he thinks it would help a 3rd party win? Both Johnson and Stein have said they would consider pardoning Snowden and Manning so I could see him wanting to help them. I don't know.

The Russians interfering on behalf of Trump exclusively makes sense; in contrast to Trump and Clinton (with the former being sympathetic with Putin and openly voicing doubt over NATO/combating Russian expansionism), Bernie is incorruptible and principled while his policies towards Ukraine and NATO are incompatible with Russian objectives (while being a stronger candidate in the general than Clinton), so of course their releases would be timed after Clinton had won the nomination and the e-mail issue was settled.

With respect to Assange, it gets a lot more interesting/curious: he's politically liberal, but openly despises Clinton. That having been said though, the obvious candidate to support in that case would be Bernie, but this is not what's he's doing per the timing.

The Russians interfering on behalf of Trump exclusively makes sense; in contrast to Trump and Clinton (with the former being sympathetic with Putin and openly voicing doubt over NATO/combating Russian expansionism), Bernie is incorruptible and principled while his policies towards Ukraine and NATO are incompatible with Russian objectives (while being a stronger candidate in the general than Clinton), so of course their releases would be timed after Clinton had won the nomination and the e-mail issue was settled.

With respect to Assange, it gets a lot more interesting/curious: he's politically liberal, but openly despises Clinton. That having been said though, the obvious candidate to support in that case would be Bernie, but this is not what's he's doing per the timing.

Yeah. Maybe the Russians only gave him the emails on the condition he released according to their schedule?

Yeah. Maybe the Russians only gave him the emails on the condition he released according to their schedule?

That's my guess; that there's some sort of backroom coordination between the Russians and Assange: Assange hates Hillary more than he loves an integral American democracy, and/or figured that playing ball with the Russians was the only way he could shed some much needed sunlight on corruption in the US political process.

Well the reason he does not release them at once is because voters have short memories, if he wanted to influence an election, the worst would be forgotten by november if released now.

Ever heard of dirty tuesday? It was a tactic used at local levels by democrats in california the tuesday before the election. They would either make up a blatant lie or release something true but very damaging, with enough time to affect voters but not enough to refute it.

I think assange is planning a dirty tuesday, To release the biggest stuff a week before election. I think you are right that assange may be mad at the democratic party over obama, Which has all but labelled him enemy number one.

Back
Top Bottom