• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

More wikileaks to come for Hillary?

Well the reason he does not release them at once is because voters have short memories, if he wanted to influence an election, the worst would be forgotten by november if released now.

Ever heard of dirty tuesday? It was a tactic used at local levels by democrats in california the tuesday before the election. They would either make up a blatant lie or release something true but very damaging, with enough time to affect voters but not enough to refute it.

I think assange is planning a dirty tuesday, To release the biggest stuff a week before election. I think you are right that assange may be mad at the democratic party over obama, Which has all but labelled him enemy number one.

I think Asange is more than a little pissed at the Democratic party. He's been stuck in a embassy for a long while.

Well the reason he does not release them at once is because voters have short memories, if he wanted to influence an election, the worst would be forgotten by november if released now.

Ever heard of dirty tuesday? It was a tactic used at local levels by democrats in california the tuesday before the election. They would either make up a blatant lie or release something true but very damaging, with enough time to affect voters but not enough to refute it.

I think assange is planning a dirty tuesday, To release the biggest stuff a week before election. I think you are right that assange may be mad at the democratic party over obama, Which has all but labelled him enemy number one.

Trump might make assanges "scoop" useless if he continues his self-destructive candidacy.

Trump might make assanges "scoop" useless if he continues his self-destructive candidacy.

Like I said before he probably has enough where satan himself could beat hillary, the only variable would be if trump can become more hated than satan (I give it a 50/50 chance)

Like I said before he probably has enough where satan himself could beat hillary, the only variable would be if trump can become more hated than satan (I give it a 50/50 chance)

Why would any one choose a erratic and dangerous man like trump.

I give assange a 5 percent chance of finding any dirt on Clinton.

Her emails are strangely more secure then the DNC's emails or u.s government files.

I would rather vote for a person I personally detest but know is mentally competent than a person who is both unlikeable and shows signs of being mentally unhinged.

Why would any one choose a erratic and dangerous man like trump.

I give assange a 5 percent chance of finding any dirt on Clinton.

Her emails are strangely more secure then the DNC's emails or u.s government files.

I would rather vote for a person I personally detest but know is mentally competent than a person who is both unlikeable and shows signs of being mentally unhinged.

I would give assange more credit, he has leaks from cia fbi etc from america and leaks from many govts, all of which a million times more secure than here email server.

Assange has a vendetta, hillary is caught up in it over what the obama administration has done. Some of his leaks have included cia plans to have him assasinated, others have shown him as pretty much enemy number one. All that started in 2010, the same time they tried to extradite him to sweden, who wants to cooperate and extradite him to the us.

As someone else said here, he has been locked in an embassy for years because he is afraid he will be turned over to the us and either killed or sent to guantanamo as a terrorist.

I would give assange more credit, he has leaks from cia fbi etc from america and leaks from many govts, all of which a million times more secure than here email server.

Assange has a vendetta, hillary is caught up in it over what the obama administration has done. Some of his leaks have included cia plans to have him assasinated, others have shown him as pretty much enemy number one. All that started in 2010, the same time they tried to extradite him to sweden, who wants to cooperate and extradite him to the us.

As someone else said here, he has been locked in an embassy for years because he is afraid he will be turned over to the us and either killed or sent to guantanamo as a terrorist.

I also highly doubt he has access to Hilliaries private emails

I also highly doubt he has access to Hilliaries private emails

So he could hack govt systems a million times more secure, but it is impossible for him to hack a server barely more secure than your computer? sounds like denial there.

It has to be more than beef with the DNC alone; again, if enmity towards Hillary and the DNC were his only considerations for the release schedule, he would have thrown in with Bernie (who we know Hillary and the DNC despised, and who is in broad agreement with Assange's politics) and timed his leaks accordingly. I definitely think there's a Russian (or otherwise pro-Trump) influence acting on him of some kind.

So he could hack govt systems a million times more secure, but it is impossible for him to hack a server barely more secure than your computer? sounds like denial there.

Apparently the super secure government servers were less secure than advertised.

Also, there is no indication that hilliary's servers were accessed by unauthorized users because no one has leaked anything yet.

Apparently the super secure government servers were less secure than advertised.

Also, there is no indication that hilliary's servers were accessed by unauthorized users because no one has leaked anything yet.

Govt servers are always less secure than advertised, and even the best are vulnerable, just less vulnerable. Her server even if no one sees evidence, was vastly more exposed, and an easy target.

The pentagon itself has servers that make the president and the whole whitehouse servers look like a joke, yet even it has been hacked numerous times. The pentagon itself is so hard to hack that when people do it, most are not even jailed, they are offered a job since they outsmarted the smartest in the industry.

Govt servers are always less secure than advertised, and even the best are vulnerable, just less vulnerable. Her server even if no one sees evidence, was vastly more exposed, and an easy target.

The pentagon itself has servers that make the president and the whole whitehouse servers look like a joke, yet even it has been hacked numerous times. The pentagon itself is so hard to hack that when people do it, most are not even jailed, they are offered a job since they outsmarted the smartest in the industry.

Hilliary Clinton has been investigated for nearly 20 years at some point or another. I highly doubt assange has found anything that could destroy her presidential run.

It has to be more than beef with the DNC alone; again, if enmity towards Hillary and the DNC were his only considerations for the release schedule, he would have thrown in with Bernie (who we know Hillary and the DNC despised, and who is in broad agreement with Assange's politics) and timed his leaks accordingly. I definitely think there's a Russian (or otherwise pro-Trump) influence acting on him of some kind.

As stated before I do not think it is pro trump rather it is anti democratic party and obama administration. Assange has pretty much been labeled a terrorist by the us, had multiple assasination plots against him(unknown if any were carried out) and since 2010 has been near the top of americas enemies.

He is hiding in an embassy to avoid being extradited to sweden who will extradite him to the us. Sweden laws on rape are a joke compared to other countries, and has himself said he does not fear proceedings in sweden, he fears being extradited to the us. I mean come on he would have served a couple years in a cushy country club prison at worst in sweden, I doubt that is what he was running from.

After years of hiding in an embassy, after running wikileaks since 2006 and after having bush grumble, obama wanted him dead or in prison. He has a vendetta against the obama administration, and hillary and the democrats are part of it. The russians happen to be of mutual interest, they do not want hillary, and two people against the same enemy make a team.

Hilliary Clinton has been investigated for nearly 20 years at some point or another. I highly doubt assange has found anything that could destroy her presidential run.

You say that but then again she has been one of the most corrupt politicians, and has walked away from all her investigations with no charges.

The difference is the govt investigating the govt tends to protect the govt, wikileaks has a tendency to expose the govt, which hillary was part of. Wikileaks made it's mark by proving govt corruption, and that will not somehow stop now because people believe it is impossible for one of the most corrupt politicians ever to have left any dirt behind.

delete double post

You say that but then again she has been one of the most corrupt politicians, and has walked away from all her investigations with no charges.

The difference is the govt investigating the govt tends to protect the govt, wikileaks has a tendency to expose the govt, which hillary was part of. Wikileaks made it's mark by proving govt corruption, and that will not somehow stop now because people believe it is impossible for one of the most corrupt politicians ever to have left any dirt behind.

Are you overestimating Wikileaks ability and underestimating hilliary clinton?

Are you overestimating Wikileaks ability and underestimating hilliary clinton?

Considering she was investigated by the fbi over her emails from a seperate dead end investigation over benghazi, I thiink you are over estimating hillary.

Plus as said before wikileaks has hacked things magnitudes greater than hillaries servers, thinking she is somehow immune does put you in a great level of denial.

Considering she was investigated by the fbi over her emails from a seperate dead end investigation over benghazi, I thiink you are over estimating hillary.

Plus as said before wikileaks has hacked things magnitudes greater than hillaries servers, thinking she is somehow immune does put you in a great level of denial.

I am not saying that hilliary is immune, I am saying that I don't think assange has anything on hilliary Clinton that is damning enough to make democrats not vote for her, or make trump somehow more palatable to voters.

Also I think Wikileaks has lost the moral high ground recently.

Wikileaks released the private information of millions of women in turkey.

However, WikiLeaks also posted links on social media to its millions of followers via multiple channels to a set of leaked massive databases containing sensitive and private information of millions of ordinary people, including a special database of almost all adult women in Turkey.

Yes — this “leak” actually contains spreadsheets of private, sensitive information of what appears to be every female voter in 79 out of 81 provinces in Turkey, including their home addresses and other private information, sometimes including their cellphone numbers. If these women are members of Erdogan’s ruling Justice and Development Party (known as the AKP), the dumped files also contain their Turkish citizenship ID, which increases the risk to them as the ID is used in practicing a range of basic rights and accessing services. The Istanbul file alone contains more than a million women’s private information, and there are 79 files, with most including information of many hundreds of thousands of women.

That’s right.

WikiLeaks Put Women in Turkey in Danger, for No Reason (UPDATE)

Last edited:
As stated before I do not think it is pro trump rather it is anti democratic party and obama administration. Assange has pretty much been labeled a terrorist by the us, had multiple assasination plots against him(unknown if any were carried out) and since 2010 has been near the top of americas enemies.

He is hiding in an embassy to avoid being extradited to sweden who will extradite him to the us. Sweden laws on rape are a joke compared to other countries, and has himself said he does not fear proceedings in sweden, he fears being extradited to the us. I mean come on he would have served a couple years in a cushy country club prison at worst in sweden, I doubt that is what he was running from.

After years of hiding in an embassy, after running wikileaks since 2006 and after having bush grumble, obama wanted him dead or in prison. He has a vendetta against the obama administration, and hillary and the democrats are part of it. The russians happen to be of mutual interest, they do not want hillary, and two people against the same enemy make a team.

If it exclusively comes down to vendetta against the DNC such that their candidate, regardless of its intent, policy or views was irrelevant to him so much as keeping the Dems out of power, then it is a blind one that supersedes and conflicts with his broader politics. Also worth considering is that Trump is no friend of whistleblowers, and thinks Snowden should be put to death; if/when Assange were to release incriminating information about Trump, you can be sure that he would be likeminded with respect to Assange. We also know that Assange is no fan of Trump: Julian Assange: Choosing Between Trump or Clinton is Like Picking Between Cholera or Gonorrhea | Democracy Now!

Ultimately the most likely outcome seems to be that Assange is compromising his interests with a pro-Trump actor; he gets his digs on Clinton (who he has especial enmity for) and the DNC in exchange for serving as the face of the leaks and timing them after the Dem nomination is settled so that Trump benefits exclusively from the e-mails supplied by said actors (and he doesn't have to go up against Bernie who is a stronger candidate and much harder target).

Last edited:
If it exclusively comes down to vendetta against the DNC such that their candidate, regardless of its intent, policy or views was irrelevant to him so much as keeping the Dems out of power, then it is a blind one that supersedes and conflicts with his broader politics. Also worth considering is that Trump is no friend of whistleblowers, and thinks Snowden should be put to death; if/when Assange were to release incriminating information about Trump, you can be sure that he would be likeminded with respect to Assange. We also know that Assange is no fan of Trump: Julian Assange: Choosing Between Trump or Clinton is Like Picking Between Cholera or Gonorrhea | Democracy Now!

Ultimately the most likely outcome seems to be that Assange is compromising his interests with a pro-Trump actor; he gets his digs on Clinton (who he has especial enmity for) and the DNC in exchange for serving as the face of the leaks and timing them after the Dem nomination is settled so that Trump benefits exclusively from the e-mails supplied by said actors (and he doesn't have to go up against Bernie who is a stronger candidate and much harder target).

Russia is pro trump, assange is anti democrat. Likely assange would go after trump when the time came, but for now the vendetta is against those who are screwing him, not against those who mght in the future. Russia is pro trump because trump is more sympathetic towards russia rather than viewing them as an enemy like hillary does.

Russia and assange have the same enemies, once the election is over they will part ways, if trump wins and trump tries to further prosecute assange, assange and russia might be enemies.

I have generally been in favor of wiki leaks and I am all for them releasing these emails. But I am uncomfortable with this careful timing of the release. It reeks of election manipulation rather than whistle blowing. Just release them!

If Assange is the Altruist he claims to be, he wouldn't do something stupid like sink Hillary just before the election to ensure Trump won.

Do it after the election and she can be impeached and we can have Uncle Kaine for awhile.

Russia is pro trump, assange is anti democrat. Likely assange would go after trump when the time came, but for now the vendetta is against those who are screwing him, not against those who mght in the future. Russia is pro trump because trump is more sympathetic towards russia rather than viewing them as an enemy like hillary does.

Russia and assange have the same enemies, once the election is over they will part ways, if trump wins and trump tries to further prosecute assange, assange and russia might be enemies.

Your view is that Assange is anti-Democrat no matter who their candidate happens to be; I handily disagree with that seeing as Assange is a rational actor, and he understands that Bernie is not vehemently opposed to whistleblowers (unlike virtually every GOP candidate and Clinton), that Trump and the Republicans specifically are no friends of whistleblowers, and in fact a typical Republican is probably worse on whistleblowers in balance than even an establishment Dem. His hatred primarily lies with Clinton and Obama; the DNC is merely guilty by association and his views on it are a function of his enmity towards these two, which is why I don't feel he'd be out for the party in the event it produced a candidate like Bernie, and why, given his lack of support for Bernie in terms of release timing, he has compromised his interests with pro-Trump actors.

Your view is that Assange is anti-Democrat no matter who their candidate happens to be; I handily disagree with that seeing as Assange is a rational actor, and he understands that Bernie is not vehemently opposed to whistleblowers (unlike virtually every GOP candidate and Clinton), that Trump and the Republicans specifically are no friends of whistleblowers, and in fact a typical Republican is probably worse on whistleblowers in balance than even an establishment Dem. His hatred primarily lies with Clinton and Obama; the DNC is merely guilty by association and his views on it are a function of his enmity towards these two, which is why I don't feel he'd be out for the party in the event it produced a candidate like Bernie, and why, given his lack of support for Bernie in terms of release timing, he has compromised his interests with pro-Trump actors.

I do not think he oposes democrat party ideals, but he opposed the party. Hillary obama and most if not all the top players who sought to punish him have been democrats. Bernie would likely have never puhed to have him prosecuted, while hillary was with the obama administration during the main threat against him, and possibly had just as much to do against him as obama did.

Yes they seem to be guilty by association, but when it comes to a vendetta, that is often how it rolls. I do not personally support wikileaks, but I also will not defend anyone caught up by its leaks. Reality is the democrat administration screwed him over bigtime, and he wants revenge.

He will likely seek that revenge as he has claimed, likely after the election t will further against hillary, or if trump wins it will be focused on republicans.

Who knows? Assange might be just blowing his own horn.

Do you really think he knows if what he plans on leaking next will lead to Hillary's arrest? I really don't think he knows.

We'll all just have to see what comes next.

Meanwhile, when he was leaking other things, the right wanted him hung as a traitor. Now they're cheering him on. Well, not all of them, but a shameful amount.

Queue "but liberals" or "but Obama" response.

Meanwhile, when he was leaking other things, the right wanted him hung as a traitor. Now they're cheering him on. Well, not all of them, but a shameful amount.

Queue "but liberals" or "but Obama" response.

As opposed to the shameful amount of the left cheering him on and calling him a hero when he released classified government materials?

If you want to look at it that way, fine, but then it doesn't look all that good for either the right or the left.

I've always said that Snowden didn't follow the correct escalation path before. Not sure what the correct escalation path would be for this latest WikiLeaks.

Was Snowden the source of the leaked DNC email's? I don't think so. Do you think that Snowden has more of Hillary's emails? I don't think so on that count either.

Why introduce Snowden into the thread? Other than his previous release of classified government materials leaded through WikiLeaks, I don't think he's related to the latest WikiLeaks publication.

Last edited:
I am not saying that hilliary is immune, I am saying that I don't think assange has anything on hilliary Clinton that is damning enough to make democrats not vote for her, or make trump somehow more palatable to voters.

I think you are wrong. I think that Obama's DOJ and Obama's FBI will make any excuse, such as the invented requirement of intent for criminal charges, to protect her. The fix is in. The political elite have now formally declared themselves to be above the law, as applied to the common folk; to everyone else, and that in this the political elite are even more so in need of an earthquake to shatter their holy temples, to bring them crashing to the ground.

Also I think Wikileaks has lost the moral high ground recently.

Wikileaks released the private information of millions of women in turkey.

WikiLeaks Put Women in Turkey in Danger, for No Reason (UPDATE)

Win some, lose some, I guess. The question I would have is why someone would believe that WikiLeaks ever had the moral high ground. Why would you think that?

Back
Top Bottom