• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

More Troops say they'll vote for Biden.

Carolina

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
Among active-duty service members surveyed in the poll, 41 percent said they would vote for Biden, the Democratic nominee, if the election was held today. Only 37 percent said they plan to vote to re-elect Trump. About 40 percent of troops surveyed identified as Republican or Libertarian, 16 percent Democrats, and 44 percent independent or another party.

“It’s fair to say that Trump is not as popular as Republican nominees have been in the past among this group,” said Peter Feaver, a White House adviser to former President George W. Bush who now works as a political science professor at Duke University. “The bottom line is that in 2020, Trump can’t be claiming to have overwhelming support in the military.”

Source: Trump’s popularity slips in latest Military Times poll — and more troops say they’ll vote for Biden

Among active-duty service members surveyed in the poll, 41 percent said they would vote for Biden, the Democratic nominee, if the election was held today. Only 37 percent said they plan to vote to re-elect Trump. About 40 percent of troops surveyed identified as Republican or Libertarian, 16 percent Democrats, and 44 percent independent or another party.

“It’s fair to say that Trump is not as popular as Republican nominees have been in the past among this group,” said Peter Feaver, a White House adviser to former President George W. Bush who now works as a political science professor at Duke University. “The bottom line is that in 2020, Trump can’t be claiming to have overwhelming support in the military.”

Source: Trump’s popularity slips in latest Military Times poll — and more troops say they’ll vote for Biden

---And to those troops who are not Democrats but voting Biden anyway, I understand that you're voting to help rid us of Trump, and I respect your devotion to country over party, and I recognize that we have differences of opinion.
Just please know that despite any disagreements on specific issues, we share your devotion to country over party, too, just as we share your love of this country.
By voting to rid us of this mistake of a presidency, you are indeed making a heroic effort to restore things like the rule of law and you are helping to reinvigorate our Constitutional Republic.
May we all follow your example.
We respect you.

---And to those troops who are not Democrats but voting Biden anyway, I understand that you're voting to help rid us of Trump, and I respect your devotion to country over party, and I recognize that we have differences of opinion.
Just please know that despite any disagreements on specific issues, we share your devotion to country over party, too, just as we share your love of this country.
By voting to rid us of this mistake of a presidency, you are indeed making a heroic effort to restore things like the rule of law and you are helping to reinvigorate our Constitutional Republic.
May we all follow your example.
We respect you.

Country over Party.

Back
Top Bottom