• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

More Transphobia from the right

Buckeyes85

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Slightly Liberal
House Republicans in Ohio just passed HB 151, the "Save Women's Sports act."
The purpose is to address the apparent scourge of transgender women competing in women's sports, from K-12, and college.

To ensure trans women are kept out, they need to prove they were born women by either:
  • submission to an internal and external exam of their reproductive anatomy;
  • prove normal "endogenously produced levels of testosterone."
  • an analysis of their genetic makeup.
The latter two, while less invasive than the first, still requires a blood draw.

And all that is necessary for a person to have to "prove" they are really women? A dispute about their sexuality raised by an opponent or coach.

These people/you people are insane.

The purpose is to address the apparent scourge of transgender women competing in women's sports, from K-12, and college.

To ensure trans women are kept out, they need to prove they were born women by either:
The latter two, while less invasive than the first, still requires a blood draw.

And all that is necessary for a person to have to "prove" they are really women? A dispute about their sexuality raised by an opponent or coach.

Well thats defintiley crap, while are people so vile and hatful
women's sports arent in danger lol

give the same answer on this I always do which is NOT this bigoted bill . . .
this issue is so easy for normal non-bigoted people

Its so weird to me that rights, freedoms and medical science just doesn't matter to "some" people just there wittle fweelings LOL
is it a matter of ignorance? bigotry? simply exposure and forgetting there are transgirls out there that completely fail or are totally average and that orgs have the right to make their own rules . . .what is it?

This topic is so easy for me because i base it on reality, facts, rights, freedom and science not feelings, bigotry, hate, selfishness and or ignorance

why is that so hard for others?
what is hard about this . . .

if science proves that there is an unfair advantage as a blanket statement for all individuals and all sports Ill totally support banning it for scholastic sports (that's obviously not the case because of the trans members that fail at sports)
if science proves something else, ill support that also (which is more than likely the case and it will be sport and INDIVIDUAL based)

simple, no feelings involved and I only support this for scholastic sports because its tied to money/college admission etc

Ive played against a MTF athlete in softball and if it wasn't for "the rumor mill" I would have never known.
Ive coached softball for 15+ years and my last year of travel ball there was a transgirl in our league. Now it was travel ball so she was better than your avg girl but she didn't even stick out on her own team let alone the league so it was meaningless besides some bigots crying about it.

another sport I didn't coach, track and field, had a mtf and she sucked and never won anything🤷‍♂️

outside of scholastic sports its nobody's business

Ill never sport forcing an outside org doing something as long as they are operating inside the law and not violating rights or illegally discriminating
Ill never support decisions and discriminate based on feelings and bigotry
if the NHL decides to go coed thats their choice and we are free not to participate and or support them . . ..

done!, mostly everything else is false narrative bigoted selfish nonsense

Talk to some of the women connected to the Lia Thomas fiasco. They seem to think so.
what they "think" is of no interest to me. I deal in reality

Apparently not, since you don't give a fig about their concerns.
actually factually so because their concerns aren't reality to the topic of "women sports being in danger" LMAO
people have concerns the earth is flat and the election was stolen also 😂

Just do away with mens and women’s sports and just have one team for players. If your good enough for the varsity squad you’re in regardless of whats between your legs. If you’re JV material same applies and if you’re not good enough for either of them from a school club to compete in. If Debbie can make one handed catches behind her back she is the new starting wide receiver taking the team to state. If Keith has a wicked good cross check field hockey a lot more interesting this season. One tee box let them settle it out on the fairway

You have a problem with Republicans being Pro women and little girls?

Just do away with mens and women’s sports and just have one team for players. If your good enough for the varsity squad you’re in regardless of whats between your legs. If you’re JV material same applies and if you’re not good enough for either of them from a school club to compete in. If Debbie can make one handed catches behind her back she is the new starting wide receiver taking the team to state. If Keith has a wicked good cross check field hockey a lot more interesting this season. One tee box let them settle it out on the fairway
So you want to get rid of title IX, nope a bad idea, I wonder what Gloria Steinem thinks about it?

You have a problem with Republicans being Pro women and little girls?
Yea, that might be the dumbest question of the day.
Would you want your 12 year old daughter to have to have an internal and external vaginal exam simply because an opposing coach questioned whether she was born a girl? And if she doesn't agree, she can't play. And of course, even when proven a girl, she has the stigma of others questioning her gender. If that's what you call pro women and pro little girls, I can only hope you have neither a daughter or a wife.

I have two daughters. If they had devoted a great deal of time training in a sport only to be beaten by some dude that thinks he's a girl, Id be furious.
Awesome, and if an opponent questioned the gender of your daughters, you'd have been ok with a mandatory internal/external vaginal exam? Or blood draw? Wouldn't be furious about that?

Awesome, and if an opponent questioned the gender of your daughters, you'd have been ok with a mandatory internal/external vaginal exam? Or blood draw? Wouldn't be furious about that?
I can pretty much tell just by looking at any given person what their Original Equipment was. I'll bet you can, too. You won't admit it, of course.

Sucks but how do you keep men out of women's sports?

I just think its a shame as with everything, the radicals take it too far.

There is no place for men in women's sports. Period. If they wear a dress 👗 or not.

Last edited:
No you can't.

This is where folks get silly.

C'mon. Maybe the ones that spent a fortune on plastic surgery and make up.. Look at that swimming dude. You can't tell?

C'mon. Maybe the ones that spent a fortune on plastic surgery and make up.. Look at that swimming dude. You can't tell?

The swimmer is all man, I agree. Your statement was much too broad.

What I dont understand is the selfishness of the trans. To "crash " women's sports.

They have had tough lives generally. Its not easy being trans. Why do they think its ok to victimize the women they wish they were?

Seems, like I said, very greedy and selfish.

Should men be allowed to compete in womens' sports?

faux has done so much damage that I wouldn't be surprised if being LBGTQ became illegal again in some red states.

faux has done so much damage that I wouldn't be surprised if being LBGTQ became illegal again in some red states.
You can be whoever you want to be, I don't care. Just don't ask me to pay for it or make my daughters compete with men athletes.

Don't you have to take physicals anymore for sports?

You can be whoever you want to be, I don't care. Just don't ask me to pay for it or make my daughters compete with men athletes.
I'm not LBGTQ. I don't like propaganda campaigns that are designed to seed bigotry, though.

This is perhaps one of the most effective questions that the pro trans movement could pose - well done. If trans women in women's sports is unacceptable, and trans women can be made to be indistinguishable from biological women, I'd consider a female purity test on my daughter to be invasive. It would be up to her though if it was a requirement to compete in "women only" sports.

However, I think the onus for biological men to be able to enter into women's sports has become strong enough to negate the concept of dividing sports by sex.

The worst thing we could have seen has become realized, pitting women's sports against transgender men to women.

And it was further asinine to assume politics would not make that worse.

what they "think" is of no interest to me. I deal in reality
Well, go ahead then. What you have described has NOTHING to do with reality. What do the chromosomes say? THAT'S reality!

Back
Top Bottom