• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

More Transphobia from the right

What are you ranting about? This is the Ohio legislature (as well as many other states).
I don't think that I was unclear.

I don't think that I was unclear.
You were clear. You were ranting about a television network, when the OP is about a bill passed in Ohio's legislature.

You were clear. You were ranting about a television network, when the OP is about a bill passed in Ohio's legislature.
If people are going to post about whatever fresh outrage faux just told them about, I'm going to respond to that if I want to at the moment.

If people are going to post about whatever fresh outrage faux just told them about, I'm going to respond to that if I want to at the moment.

Again ???? THis OP was started by a lefty outraged by the "bigotry" of the Ohio Legislature. You're the one ranting about "faux" and the "right wing media"

House Republicans in Ohio just passed HB 151, the "Save Women's Sports act."
The purpose is to address the apparent scourge of transgender women competing in women's sports, from K-12, and college.

To ensure trans women are kept out, they need to prove they were born women by either:
  • submission to an internal and external exam of their reproductive anatomy;
  • prove normal "endogenously produced levels of testosterone."
  • an analysis of their genetic makeup.
The latter two, while less invasive than the first, still requires a blood draw.

And all that is necessary for a person to have to "prove" they are really women? A dispute about their sexuality raised by an opponent or coach.

These people/you people are insane.
No different than proving the lack of performance enhancing drugs......

Again ???? THis OP was started by a lefty outraged by the "bigotry" of the Ohio Legislature. You're the one ranting about "faux" and the "right wing media"
Ohio Republicans only gaf because faux and other professional propagandists figured out that they could make money and gain votes by riling people up about transgendered people.

Lia Thomas did win the 500 metre race that every bigot is ranting about but for some reason the fact that she didn't even make the podium in the two other races she entered is never mentioned.

So boring, you people need a new schtick....Fox blah blah, Trump blah blah....Read a book or something.

Ohio Republicans only gaf because faux and other professional propagandists figured out that they could make money and gain votes by riling people up about transgendered people.

So boring, you people need a new schtick....Fox blah blah, Trump blah blah....Read a book or something.
During the average week, how many hours would you say that you spend worrying that a transgendered person somewhere might run, swim, or use the bathroom?

Couldn't care less where they run or swim. Don't even care which bathroom they use but I'll defer to parents on that. Live and let live as far as I'm concerned. If you think you're a girl, wear a dress. I don't care. I draw the line at indcrinating children or taking unfair advantage in sports etc.

During the average week, how many hours would you say that you spend worrying that a transgendered person somewhere might run, swim, or use the bathroom?

Couldn't care less where they run or swim. Don't even care which bathroom they use but I'll defer to parents on that. Live and let live as far as I'm concerned. If you think you're a girl, wear a dress. I don't care. I draw the line at indcrinating children or taking unfair advantage in sports etc.
So like maybe two hours?

I can pretty much tell just by looking at any given person what their Original Equipment was. I'll bet you can, too. You won't admit it, of course.
Actually I do agree most of the time I can. But you are totally, completely ignoring the point. All that this law requires is someone questions the gender of an opponent. Then the burden is on the accused to prove them wrong, thru some rather incredibly invasive ways. No problem with that?

Actually I do agree most of the time I can. But you are totally, completely ignoring the point. All that this law requires is someone questions the gender of an opponent. Then the burden is on the accused to prove them wrong, thru some rather incredibly invasive ways. No problem with that?

Sports is not about winning its about how you play the game

You don't have any daughters in competitive sports, huh?
Yep, sure do. I have a daughter that played soccer, ran track and cross country all the way thru high school. Now runs track at a smallish school in college. I have not spent one minute worrying about the possibility that she has had to compete against a person born as a boy. Extremely unlikely it has ever occurred, but it's possible. And no, I wouldn't be happy about it and don't think it should occur.

As a father, you know what I would be much more concerned about? That the mere accusation by an opponent that she may not have been born a girl requires here to prove them wrong via a vaginal exam, or blood draw. That is the indefensible aspect of this proposed law. The fact that you folks are attempting to defend the indefensible demonstrates the transphobia of the right has caused you folks to go completely off the deep end.

No different than proving the lack of performance enhancing drugs......
Yea, it is COMPLETELY different. So different that you almost have to be trying to yank my chain by claiming it is no different.

Yea, it is COMPLETELY different. So different that you almost have to be trying to yank my chain by claiming it is no different.
It's not different, I think you're a smart poster, I am sure you know the physical differences between a man and woman .

Yea, no different. I have no desire to yank your chain. WTF?

Yea, no different. I have no desire to yank your chain. WTF?
Ok, well let me give you a laundry list of differences:
  • junior high and high school students are not randomly drug tested (as far as I know) before they can compete;
  • drug testing is typically done by an organization who is "running" the sport and you agree to those terms if you want to compete;
  • for the most part, mandatory drug testing has been implemented when there is evidence that use of performance enhancing drugs is widespread, or would be widespread if but for testing;
  • drug testing is based upon scientific proof, not conjecture, that use of a substance actually provides the user with a competitive advantage;
  • drug testing is then done for EVERYONE who is competing;
  • drug testing is not done on a selective basis where you are forced to submit just because your opponent makes an allegation that you are doping.
If you don't see how at least that last point makes this scenario completely different, then I don't know what more I can say.

youll have to be MORE specific what are you claiming to be inherent physical advantage
Wow, I have to admit, that's pretty much the last thing I thought I would need to define for you.

Wow, I have to admit, that's pretty much the last thing I thought I would need to define for you.
cant watch or even see any of the videos, im at work
and I didn't ask you to define it for "me"
I asked you to be MORE specific what are "you" claiming to be inherent physical advantages

but regardless I seriously doubt anything you post unless its facts and science is going to impact my stance in post#2

Back
Top Bottom