• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

More than 50 nations, but not U.S., sign onto cybersecurity pact

JacksinPA

Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive
https://www.axios.com/cybersecurity...nce-2f7ccf35-619f-41a3-8811-f03f5d9bb96d.html

French President Emmanuel Macron released an international agreement on cybersecurity principles Monday as part of the Paris Peace Forum. The original signatories included more than 50 nations, 130 private sector groups and 90 charitable groups and universities, but not the United States, Russia or China.

The big picture: The Paris Call for Trust and Security in Cyberspace is another step in the disjointed effort to create international norms and laws for cybersecurity and warfare. In most international matters of regulating the internet, there tends to be a wide split between the liberal Western order and authoritarian nations like Russia and China.
=======================================================
This is like the land mine ban treaty that we never signed because we depend on land mines at Gitmo & the DMZ in Korea. Cyber is now like the Wild West with no laws or restrictions - the U.S., China & Russia being the lead players.

Not a big shock.. most cyber crime that is state sponsored comes from those that did not sign...

Sendt fra min SM-N9005 med Tapatalk

Not a big shock.. most cyber crime that is state sponsored comes from those that did not sign...

Agreed. These three countries don't necessarily need it, especially China, which is currently taking the AI/future technology game very seriously these days. Chances are they have much better cybersecurity than all the 50 nations combined. I mean, China's hackers managed to infiltrate US firms. If any, those 50 nations should find a way to protect their cyberspace from these three countries.

https://www.axios.com/cybersecurity...nce-2f7ccf35-619f-41a3-8811-f03f5d9bb96d.html

French President Emmanuel Macron released an international agreement on cybersecurity principles Monday as part of the Paris Peace Forum. The original signatories included more than 50 nations, 130 private sector groups and 90 charitable groups and universities, but not the United States, Russia or China.

The big picture: The Paris Call for Trust and Security in Cyberspace is another step in the disjointed effort to create international norms and laws for cybersecurity and warfare. In most international matters of regulating the internet, there tends to be a wide split between the liberal Western order and authoritarian nations like Russia and China.
=======================================================
This is like the land mine ban treaty that we never signed because we depend on land mines at Gitmo & the DMZ in Korea. Cyber is now like the Wild West with no laws or restrictions - the U.S., China & Russia being the lead players.
Must not have been too important or it would’ve been in CSPI’s news.........:YAWN:

Agreed. These three countries don't necessarily need it, especially China, which is currently taking the AI/future technology game very seriously these days. Chances are they have much better cybersecurity than all the 50 nations combined. I mean, China's hackers managed to infiltrate US firms. If any, those 50 nations should find a way to protect their cyberspace from these three countries.
To be fair.. a 14 year old could hack most US firms and even the US government. Cyber security has not exactly been a priority for companies and their products.

To be fair.. a 14 year old could hack most US firms and even the US government. Cyber security has not exactly been a priority for companies and their products.

I guess this answers why China is having an easier time taking over the AI/technology game and quite frankly, I don't know what does that say about us... or if we're even worse or better than Japan, who recently employed a man that has never opened or held a computer before as head of cybersecurity.

Back
Top Bottom