• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

More than 41,000 people have signed petitions to stop Jeff Bezos from returning to Earth after his trip to space next month

Bum

I survived. Suck it, Schrodinger.
Dungeon Master
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
  • Petitions to stop Jeff Bezos' Earth re-entry collected more than 41,000 signatures between them.
  • The one with the most signatures is entitled: "Do not allow Jeff Bezos to return to Earth."
  • Bezos will fly into space on July 20 for Blue Origin's first human flight of New Shepard rocket.
  • More than 41,000 people have signed petitions calling to stop Jeff Bezos from returning to Earth after he blasts into space next month.
    Bezos, founder of space-exploration firm Blue Origin, said on June 7 that he and his brother Mark Bezos will fly into space aboard the New Shepard rocket on July 20 - the company's first human flight.
    Three days after Bezos' announcement, two petitions were launched to try and prevent the billionaire's re-entry to Earth. They have both garnered thousands of followers in just 10 days.

Yeah...whatever your political ideology....this is just petty hatred, maliciousness, and envy.....its not a realistic petition, but it speaks volumes about some folks; we see this on both sides of the aisle with many willing to jump up to defend it and scream " but the other side"!!

The fringe will always look to justify its stupidity.

• Petitions to stop Jeff Bezos' Earth re-entry collected more than 41,000 signatures between them.
  • The one with the most signatures is entitled: "Do not allow Jeff Bezos to return to Earth."
  • Bezos will fly into space on July 20 for Blue Origin's first human flight of New Shepard rocket.
  • More than 41,000 people have signed petitions calling to stop Jeff Bezos from returning to Earth after he blasts into space next month.
    Bezos, founder of space-exploration firm Blue Origin, said on June 7 that he and his brother Mark Bezos will fly into space aboard the New Shepard rocket on July 20 - the company's first human flight.
    Three days after Bezos' announcement, two petitions were launched to try and prevent the billionaire's re-entry to Earth. They have both garnered thousands of followers in just 10 days.

Yeah...whatever your political ideology....this is just petty hatred, maliciousness, and envy.....its not a realistic petition, but it speaks volumes about some folks; we see this on both sides of the aisle with many willing to jump up to defend it and scream " but the other side"!!

The fringe will always look to justify its stupidity.
That might be a violation of the law - specifically the Law of Gravity.

Reactions: Bum
Seems just a tad harsh.... Class envy and greed motivating these sickos?

Seems just a tad harsh.... Class envy and greed motivating these sickos?
I figured it was because T**** hates him.

I do worry about that flight, though. All I can see is the Challenger exploding. I hope it goes well. 2001 here we come!
1624236108528.png

I figured it was because T**** hates him.

I do worry about that flight, though. All I can see is the Challenger exploding. I hope it goes well. 2001 here we come!
View attachment 67338925
This is less about a wishing a tech failure and more about a gaggle of petulant children hating someone that has succeeded financially in life where they failed.....

This is less about a wishing a tech failure and more about a gaggle of petulant children hating someone that has succeeded financially in life where they failed.....
Bum, those petitions are tongue in cheek, don't you think? You Know Who has been slamming Bezos since 2015, which probably accounts for a lot of them. I think Bezos started the 'send the guy to space' thing way back then.

Jeff Bezos

@JeffBezos

Finally trashed by @realDonaldTrump. Will still reserve him a seat on the Blue Origin rocket. #sendDonaldtospace

Historic Rocket Landing
Blue Origin’s New Shepard space vehicle successfully flew to space, reaching its planned test altitude of 329,839 feet (100.5 kilometers) before executing a ...
youtube.com

6:30 PM · Dec 7, 2015

Humorous, but worthless.

SNL skit material at best.

Bum, those petitions are tongue in cheek, don't you think? You Know Who has been slamming Bezos since 2015, which probably accounts for a lot of them. I think Bezos started the 'send the guy to space' thing way back then.

Jeff Bezos
@JeffBezos
Finally trashed by @realDonaldTrump. Will still reserve him a seat on the Blue Origin rocket. #sendDonaldtospace

Historic Rocket Landing
Blue Origin’s New Shepard space vehicle successfully flew to space, reaching its planned test altitude of 329,839 feet (100.5 kilometers) before executing a ...
youtube.com
No, I do not think this is "tongue in cheek"....I think this is malicious hatred disguised as "comedy"...easier to say "I was just kidding" or the face of back lash than it is to say "I hate you and I mean it"......its all about how much public support they think that can garner..........if it does not go their way, they can spin it as " we were trying to provoke a conversation".....this avoids the blatant racist hate, and they cannot be called out for their racism.

No, I do not think this is "tongue in cheek"....I think this is malicious hatred disguised as "comedy"...easier to say "I was just kidding" or the face of back lash than it is to say "I hate you and I mean it"......its all about how much public support they think that can garner..........if it does not go their way, they can spin it as " we were trying to provoke a conversation".....this avoids the blatant racist hate, and they cannot be called out for their racism.
Racism? What's that got to do with Jeff Bezos?

Jeff Bezos

@JeffBezos

Historic Rocket Landing
youtube.com

A lot of the people are trashing him because he's a billionaire and billionaires "shouldn't exist" so he should go into space and stay there. Doesn't sound like it's because Trump doesn't like him. I think a Venn diagram showing the intersection between the set of all Trump supporters and the set of all people who think billionaires shouldn't exist will likely need significant magnification to show the overlap.

A lot of the people are trashing him because he's a billionaire and billionaires "shouldn't exist" so he should go into space and stay there. Doesn't sound like it's because Trump doesn't like him. I think a Venn diagram showing the intersection between the set of all Trump supporters and the set of all people who think billionaires shouldn't exist will likely need significant magnification to show the overlap.
Okay.

"Whatever your political ideology"... like... one party in DC doesn't draft the laws which allow people to accumulate unreasonable sums of money.

Like the cost of Bezzos' fortune isnt working employees down to the bone, tax loopholes and avoidance, and opposing 15$ minimum wage where he still can. It is almost as if people like Bezzos push back on long overdue improvements to labor conditions so that they can have more money for shit like this, and that is supposedly an apolitical observation, that we all can be happy about because Bezzos not coming back from space is funny.

Careful kids.

Don't wanna get caught without a life jacket in these kumbaya threads.

Back
Top Bottom