• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

More than 200 charged with federal crimes, 1,000 arrested in Operation Legend, AG Barr announces

chuckiechan

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
More than 200 charged with federal crimes, 1,000 arrested in Operation Legend, AG Barr announces | Fox News

At least 207 people have been charged with a federal crime, and more than 1,000 arrests have been made in major metropolitan cities since the Department of Justice launched Operation Legend in July, U.S. Attorney General William Barr announced on Wednesday.

Nearly 400 firearms have been seized by the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives.

Barr launched Operation Legend on July 8 as “a sustained, systematic and coordinated law enforcement initiative in which federal law enforcement agencies work in conjunction with state and local law enforcement officials to fight violent crime,” the DOJ said in a release.

Operation Legend was named after a little boy who was killed in his bed by stray gunfire.

This is the result of efforts by local authorities to enlist the help of the FBI. I presume the FBI has intelligence tools not available to local law enforcement. Either way, they do make a difference. We need a lot more of this, and I bet we are going to see a lot of protestors going to jail on federal charges of arson, and state crimes of assaulting police.

Nearly 400 firearms have been seized by the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives.

What about their 2cd Amendment rights?

Yaaaaawwwn.

Wake me up when they charge someone for the death of Breona Taylor: guilty of no crime, shot to death in her own home by the police.

More than 200 charged with federal crimes, 1,000 arrested in Operation Legend, AG Barr announces | Fox News

Operation Legend was named after a little boy who was killed in his bed by stray gunfire.

This is the result of efforts by local authorities to enlist the help of the FBI. I presume the FBI has intelligence tools not available to local law enforcement. Either way, they do make a difference. We need a lot more of this, and I bet we are going to see a lot of protestors going to jail on federal charges of arson, and state crimes of assaulting police.
I would hope that a lot of rioters are going to jail, but leave the protestors alone! (I'm sure that's what you meant, but it deserves to be clarified.)

Then again...

"The charges include illegal possession of a firearm, distribution of narcotics, drug trafficking, carjacking, bank robbery, illegal re-entry of an alien in connection with a widespread drug conspiracy, and making false statements to arms dealers."

From those charges it doesn't look like this operation is going after rioters at all.

I would hope that a lot of rioters are going to jail, but leave the protestors alone! (I'm sure that's what you meant, but it deserves to be clarified.)

Then again...

"The charges include illegal possession of a firearm, distribution of narcotics, drug trafficking, carjacking, bank robbery, illegal re-entry of an alien in connection with a widespread drug conspiracy, and making false statements to arms dealers."

From those charges it doesn't look like this operation is going after rioters at all.

Here is a list of charges by city.
Operation Legend'''s federal charges by the numbers | Fox News

Same as the summary. No charges for riot-related activities like arson, looting, or assaulting the police. Mostly drug offenses and illegal firearms. Not saying it's a bad thing, just saying it's not targeting rioters.

The riots are part of a separate investigation. This seems to be gang/drug/gun type stuff.

I’m glad they are making a run at criminals.

right wing policies create criminals, then they praise themselves when they shoot them in the streets or arrest them into private prisons with slave labor.

trump loves preaching law and order, same reason why the rich live in gated communities, and try as hard as they can to separate themselves from all the victims of Reaganomics. I see the future... jeff bezos owns america, surrounds himself with turrets, and everyone else lives in shanty towns haha. capitalism completed.

trump pulled himself up by his own 400 million inheritance boot staps, and his supporters think hes a self-made man that prove their policies work. haha

i feel sorry for all these simple minded right wingers. whose policies used to work back when the world was a village and times were simpler. but are now stuck in a big complicated world they dont understand.

The boys name was Legend?

What about their 2cd Amendment rights?

**** their "rights" to carry guns around in public or while doing criminal things...

Same as the summary. No charges for riot-related activities like arson, looting, or assaulting the police. Mostly drug offenses and illegal firearms. Not saying it's a bad thing, just saying it's not targeting rioters.

Operation Legend isn’t really about rioters. From the link:

“Barr launched Operation Legend on July 8 as “a sustained, systematic and coordinated law enforcement initiative in which federal law enforcement agencies work in conjunction with state and local law enforcement officials to fight violent crime,” the DOJ said in a release.”

Credit where credit is due.. this was a great operation and glad to see the federal government supporting these local agencies.

I'm glad that they did it but....in 2019 in Baltimore, we had 176 arrests, gun related alone. That arrest number is about 44% of the operation's national number. So...thank you DOJ, but...ah...you might want to try a bit harder.

DOJ doing the job Liberal mayors won't.

Back
Top Bottom