• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

More Texans are now Dead Than Californians

Hmmm so what do you plan to do to china as punishment for releasing pandemic?

Using that same logic, should nations seek punishment against nations which have not managed to contain the disease? If a nation becomes another hotspot, then it's not just the disease's nation of origin that's relevant from a contagion perspective.

That was in Feb when things were all in a real mess with all the misinformation out of DC who knew what to do.
I know now if you live in NY and go out of state ( to one of the states on NY's no travel list ) when you come back the health dept will get a hold of you and they keep track to make sure you isolate at home for 14 days
now it may be big brother but some how the state knows that you were out of state
I know this because I have several sets of friends that have gone out of state at different times and they have had calls from the health dept. and the state even sent a person to their house to make sure they were staying home
NY isn't messing around , they are keeping track of people and tracking people that have had the CV
have a nice day

I agree.
I live in Michigan and have a snowbird home in SE Florida. We will go to Florida this winter.
Michigan is a far safer than state to be than Florida.
Everyone wears masks inside public places in Michigan
When colleges started opening in Michigan we had a small spike in cases.

Michigan’s health department crackdown on college students who did not self quarantine Are now mandated to quarantine for 14 days and if they break quarantine they can be fined up to $2,000 or 6 months in jail or both . I am very happy that Michigan is not messing around with the health of our residents.

Last edited:
Texas is not ground zero in the beginning of the year the way New York was, and New York's trajectory, specifically its R0 numbers, look excellent and are still improving.
Texas, if the idiots who run the state would listen to science, would have the kind of advantage any large state could be jealous of.
FFS even posting billboards with a picture of a cattle roper lasooing the virus while wearing a mask would have probably accomplished half the heavy lifting on the social side of selling smart public health directives awareness because it keys into a solid state identity.
And Texans KNOW HOW to sell ideas that way.
As a person who lived in the Lone Star from 2001 to 2012 I know from firsthand experience.
Instead, they're selling Alex Jones.

The infection rate is mildly going up .. it want from .9 to 1.1 percent. and the hospitalizations went from the mid 400's up to about 520 now. It was expected because of things opening up, and the change in seasons, but it's still is disheartening.

'Population density', look up what that means and apply it to those two. Actually allow me to help; New York 417/sq.mi. Texas 101/sq.mi. Now, see if you can figure out why somewhere four times as densely populated might have higher rates of transmission and infection. Let me know if you need any more help.

That's a bit of a straw man. The vast majority of the cases were in NYC. Look at the population of NYC and the surrounding counties, and then the population density there. That would be a more accurate comparison

Interesting, with 10 million fewer people, the silly lone star state now has over 200 more COVID deaths than the land of fruits and nuts.

Red states are literally dying for Trump.
Which matters more to you - that Americans are dying or that you have a gotcha to throw at Republican? Rhetorical question - we all know the answer.

Who cares. I would like to rent a narrow boat and explore the canals over there but its not like Im missing anything if I dont.. There is plenty to do here as well.

For sure...
We traveled extensively while in our fifties both in and out of this country. Totally satisfied to be at home now on our CA. ranch away from the crowds.

Hmmm so what do you plan to do to china as punishment for releasing pandemic?
China has less covid 19 cases and deaths than Florida. They at least did not deny the danger of this virus like Trump has and is. There is no evidence that China "released" the virus intentionally and it is immaterial anyway. Virus's happen and how a country deals with them determines how badly they will get hurt. We are the poster child for what happens when the response is lacking.

I agree.
I live in Michigan and have a snowbird home in SE Florida. We will go to Florida this winter.
Michigan is a far safer than state to be than Florida.
Everyone wears masks inside public places in Michigan
When colleges started opening in Michigan we had a small spike in cases.

Michigan’s health department crackdown on college students who did not self quarantine Are now mandated to quarantine for 14 days and if they break quarantine they can be fined up to $2,000 or 6 months in jail or both . I am very happy that Michigan is not messing around with the health of our residents.

I don't know for sure if they kept up with it or not but when you came into NY they stopped and gave you a form to fill out, they gave them out on airplanes and trains , and at the NYS thruway
and you had to fill it out , and if you didn't you were fined 2000 dollars
and like I said they somehow know that you were out of state and they keep track of if you do the self quarantine or not and they have been known to just show up at your house to see if you are going by the regulations
and they will fine you and it can be 2 000 to 5 000 dollars
they are not messing around in NY
Have a nice night

What matters is that Trump must go and our lives all depend on it. If you can't see that you are blind.
So, Trump going means more than fellow American deaths. Good, we've got that settled. :rolleyes:

So, Trump going means more than fellow American deaths. Good, we've got that settled. :rolleyes:
It is matter of life and death. We will never be rid of the coronavirus under Trump...never. If you want to live...vote for Biden. He has a plan and will listen to the experts.

tmw2020-04-15printcolor.jpg

It is matter of life and death. We will never be rid of the coronavirus under Trump...never. If you want to live...vote for Biden. He has a plan and will listen to the experts.

tmw2020-04-15printcolor.jpg
The experts have already said Trump listens to them and responds appropriately.

That there is the key.

We all know the Northeast was hammered early. This is to be expected given the lack of notice, density and heavy dependence on international travel in those areas. That the Southwest and former Confederate states got hit later is on them. It's a clear sign of stupidity and arrogance, much of it we still see practiced today, as Florida just threw up their hands and opened everything, sans enforceable mask guidelines.

Thank you.

I post a daily update of data and mathematical analysis of that data on the thread that my signature line links to.

Helpful suggestions to improve the data and/or mathematical analysis is always welcomed as are suggestions for other correlations which I don't post routinely (there are several that the spread sheets generate automatically that I don't post because I consider them to be of too limited use and/or interest)

The infection rate is mildly going up .. it want from .9 to 1.1 percent. and the hospitalizations went from the mid 400's up to about 520 now. It was expected because of things opening up, and the change in seasons, but it's still is disheartening.

Last I checked (this morning, we are at R0.91, I think, but our caseload is trending up again, probably due to Labor Day activities.

If you look at the numbers of per capita cases, the wave that hit the Northeast was very similar in numbers to the wave that hit the Sun Belt. Because of the rapid development of treatment methods by then, the Sun Belt's fatality rate was lower.

Speaking of waves, WTF is going on in the Dakotas? Have you seen their numbers right now? :oops:

Well, here are today's tables for your consideration

20-09-27 D1 - Red vs Blue - States by Color Sort TABLE.JPG

20-09-27 D2 - Red vs Blue - Cases.JPG

The Dakotas are 37th and 41st best and well below the ±5% from the average window.

20-09-27 D3 - Red vs Blue - Deaths.JPG
The Dakotas are 13th and 18th best and well above the ±5% from the average window.

Interesting, with 10 million fewer people, the silly lone star state now has over 200 more COVID deaths than the land of fruits and nuts.

Red states are literally dying for Trump.
God bless them.

Are you f****g kidding me? eekDP.gif0016-gigglesmile (2019_02_27 17_41_55 UTC).gif

Trump going would mean a SHARP change in how we are handling this.
I'll bet money, either a PayPal payout OR a donation to DP - whichever you prefer, that most or ALL of the following happens in the first hundred days:

1. Immediate widespread testing in every city and county with populations over 150,000*
2. Extended testing in smaller and more remote areas with lower pop density to follow*
3. Immediate all hands on deck program to ensure that ALL persons receive masks on a regular basis, either low cost or even free
4. Suspension of all ongoing federal seizures of PPE and supplies
5. Large block grants to fast track availability and distribution of antiviral drugs while we wait for vaccines
6. Restored mask and sanitary mandates for a period of weeks determined by CDC (a RESTORED CDC!)
7. Restoration of assistance programs for distressed small businesses
8. Advanced contact tracing

*FREE to end users

Naturally it all depends on how Congress pans out.
If Mitch stays and remains in the majority, all bets are off because the Senate will do the usual Republican kill on all of it.
But if Biden wins and we sweep Congress, count on most of the above happening.
We will essentially be running the South Korea blueprint within a matter of weeks.

Sure they did.
Yep
Are you f****g kidding me? View attachment 67296763View attachment 67296764

Trump going would mean a SHARP change in how we are handling this.
I'll bet money, either a PayPal payout OR a donation to DP - whichever you prefer, that most or ALL of the following happens in the first hundred days:

1. Immediate widespread testing in every city and county with populations over 150,000*
2. Extended testing in smaller and more remote areas with lower pop density to follow*
3. Immediate all hands on deck program to ensure that ALL persons receive masks on a regular basis, either low cost or even free
4. Suspension of all ongoing federal seizures of PPE and supplies
5. Large block grants to fast track availability and distribution of antiviral drugs while we wait for vaccines
6. Restored mask and sanitary mandates for a period of weeks determined by CDC (a RESTORED CDC!)
7. Restoration of assistance programs for distressed small businesses
8. Advanced contact tracing

*FREE to end users

Naturally it all depends on how Congress pans out.
If Mitch stays and remains in the majority, all bets are off because the Senate will do the usual Republican kill on all of it.
But if Biden wins and we sweep Congress, count on most of the above happening.
We will essentially be running the South Korea blueprint within a matter of weeks.
Most of it already is going on.

China has less covid 19 cases and deaths than Florida. They at least did not deny the danger of this virus like Trump has and is. There is no evidence that China "released" the virus intentionally and it is immaterial anyway. Virus's happen and how a country deals with them determines how badly they will get hurt. We are the poster child for what happens when the response is lacking.
They did not deny the danger? please dont quote me further.

For sure...
We traveled extensively while in our fifties both in and out of this country. Totally satisfied to be at home now on our CA. ranch away from the crowds.
Exactly, I've stood on pyramids, hiked on top of glaciers, hiked active volcanoes...all fun things but if I dont do them again I'll be just as happy sitting on a lake in Maine watching a loon swim by.

They did not deny the danger? please dont quote me further.

Didn't you hear the recordings? Trump told Woodward that Xi told him that the virus was deadly and airborne. Facts that Trump lied about to the American people.

“This is stuff that everyone knew. There’s a report that I have here someplace where China said it was airborne earlier than the statements I made. People knew it was airborne. This was nothing,” he said Thursday in a White House press briefing. “When I say it was airborne, everybody knew it was airborne. This was no big thing. Read the reports. China came out with a statement that it was an airborne disease. I heard it was an airborne disease. I assumed it early on.”

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/09/10/tru...as-airborne-in-february-its-no-big-thing.html

Back
Top Bottom