• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

More Texans are now Dead Than Californians

I do not give a flying fig whether those contracting or dying from the virus are from red or blue states/in prisons/immigrant detention centers/nursing homes/or silly enough to attend large gatherings as they are one and all, HUMAN BEINGS. We have ALL been badly served by a president who admitted to Bob Woodward that he purposefully downplayed the dangers of this horrid disease. It is solely on Trump's head that this country which is but 4% of the world's population has endured 20+%
of the world's DEATHS! If we fail to concentrate on those simple realities, Donald Trump just might steal this election. I strongly suggest we all in our daily lives continue to drive home to those, especially, who back Trump those basic statistics and at the same time remind the Trumpeteers that we supposedly live in a country with the best health care system on the planet and thus there should NOT be 205,000+ DEATHS. Either we have been lied to on a scale not experienced previously in our lifetime OR we are all experiencing some form of mass hysteria and delusion.
Wow you must be really angry at China, the actual source of the virus release eh?

Trust me when I tell you that Trump's ardent acolytes don't give a damn about facts, statistics or Trump's breathtaking lies. They simply don't care and hang on Trump's every pronouncement as if he were the Second Coming and the ultimate truth. Just hang out here for a while and all will be made crystal clear if it already isn't.
They don't care that he contradicts medical experts albeit his being totally unqualified in pretty much everything; they don't care that he lies to them on a daily basis; they don't care about the well-being of their fellow citizens either.
It's almost like they've been infected with Trump's clearly sociopathic 'personality'.
Welcome to the forum.

Edit; regarding the "supposedly" best healthcare system. According to the WHO healthcare ratings the US currently languishes in 37th place, globally, for overall quality of healthcare, neatly sandwiched between Slovenia and Costa Rica. It's no coincidence that the entire top ten enjoy universal healthcare with France leading the world. Naturally to Trump fans UHC is simply communism. They really are that stupid.
I wonder why people climb over each other to get here if its so terrible here. What are your thoughts?

I wonder why people climb over each other to get here if its so terrible here. What are your thoughts?
Nobody wants to go to America, and no country wants your infections, thanks all the same. That's why Europe, among others, has banned Americans from visiting.
Now, do you have anything pertinent to contribute to a thread concerning Covid?

Nobody wants to go to America, and no country wants your infections, thanks all the same. That's why Europe, among others, has banned Americans from visiting.
Now, do you have anything pertinent to contribute to a thread concerning Covid?
Nobody wants to go to America?! lol...who educated you on that? We have to build walls to keep people from pouring into our nation. Secondly...I've never talked to any American that said damn now I cant get into europe. lol

That is a completely idiotic post. New York was flooded with thousands of Americans returning from Europe all at once, because Trump announced that if our citizens didn't come home in 24 hours, the U.S. would close its borders to them. Did you not see the horrific video of hundreds upon hundreds of people wedged together like caged rats at La Guardia and JFK?? Within two weeks, all of NYC was besieged by the European strain of Covid-19. Only Cuomo's decisive actions in locking down the city/state prevented even more deaths.

Using a global pandemic as a partisan club is truly a low-class thing to do. Show some damned humanity!

New York was flooded with thousands of Americans returning from Europe all at once,

Weren't they quarantined or screened?

Trust me when I tell you that Trump's ardent acolytes don't give a damn about facts, statistics or Trump's breathtaking lies. They simply don't care and hang on Trump's every pronouncement as if he were the Second Coming and the ultimate truth. Just hang out here for a while and all will be made crystal clear if it already isn't.
They don't care that he contradicts medical experts albeit his being totally unqualified in pretty much everything; they don't care that he lies to them on a daily basis; they don't care about the well-being of their fellow citizens either.
It's almost like they've been infected en masse with Trump's clearly sociopathic 'personality'.
Welcome to the forum.

Edit; regarding the "supposedly" best healthcare system. According to the WHO healthcare ratings the US currently languishes in 37th place, globally, for overall quality of healthcare, neatly sandwiched between Slovenia and Costa Rica. It's no coincidence that the entire top ten enjoy universal healthcare with France leading the world. Naturally to Trump fans UHC is simply communism. They really are that stupid.
Even after Mexico didn’t pay for the wall and China didn’t pay for the tariffs, nor when they heard him call heroes “losers and sucker” and call them “disgusting” have the cultists smelled the coffee.

It’s truly a bizarre phenomenon.

Nobody wants to go to America?! lol...who educated you on that? We have to build walls to keep people from pouring into our nation. Secondly...I've never talked to any American that said damn now I cant get into europe. lol
Lol...you don’t know people who travel. That’s not a surprise, but it sure is a hell of an admission.

I know a dozen people who had to put their European vacations on hold. Several even within my own family did so.

Interesting, with 10 million fewer people, the silly lone star state now has over 200 more COVID deaths than the land of fruits and nuts.

Red states are literally dying for Trump.

Is it not also interesting that NY (a blue state) has TX and CA combined beat in COVID deaths with fewer people that either TX or CA? Cherry picking can be fun. ;)

Lol...you don’t know people who travel. That’s not a surprise, but it sure is a hell of an admission.

I know a dozen people who had to put their European vacations on hold. Several even within my own family did so.
Sure you do. You dont know anyone who wants to go to europe.

Even after Mexico didn’t pay for the wall and China didn’t pay for the tariffs, nor when they heard him call heroes “losers and sucker” and call them “disgusting” have the cultists smelled the coffee.

It’s truly a bizarre phenomenon.
Herds of cows are easily led. They don't have the capacity to think for themselves.

Last edited:
That is a completely idiotic post. New York was flooded with thousands of Americans returning from Europe all at once, because Trump announced that if our citizens didn't come home in 24 hours, the U.S. would close its borders to them. Did you not see the horrific video of hundreds upon hundreds of people wedged together like caged rats at La Guardia and JFK?? Within two weeks, all of NYC was besieged by the European strain of Covid-19. Only Cuomo's decisive actions in locking down the city/state prevented even more deaths.

Using a global pandemic as a partisan club is truly a low-class thing to do. Show some damned humanity!

Did you actually read the post you just wrote? Show some humanity? Partisan club? This entire web site consists of views from a blue or red spectrum. I hope there are some white views, but they are very rare.

Is it not also interesting that NY (a blue state) has TX and CA combined beat in COVID deaths with fewer people that either TX or CA? Cherry picking can be fun. ;)

That's what I was thinking

I don't think Calamity(OP) was expecting that(LOL)

In 2016 12 million America tourists travelled to Europe. Fact. Here's some more facts for you to ignore:

Who cares. I would like to rent a narrow boat and explore the canals over there but its not like Im missing anything if I dont.. There is plenty to do here as well.

Who cares. I would like to rent a narrow boat and explore the canals over there but its not like Im missing anything if I dont.. There is plenty to do here as well.
Who cares? You evidently did or you wouldn't be whining about nobody wanting to visit Europe. Except you...
Narrow boats are great. Nothing nicer than mooring up by a country pub on a glorious summer's evening, enjoying a pint or two with a great dinner and retiring to the boat for a couple of glasses of decent single malt Scotch.

That's what I was thinking

I don't think Calamity(OP) was expecting that(LOL)

Facts being presented do not matter to those intent on making a partisan point. The simple fact is that COVID-19 infects folks with no regard for their political positions.

Who cares? You evidently did or you wouldn't be whining about nobody wanting to visit Europe. Except you...
Nope as I said, I wouldnt mind going but its not a big deal if we cant. Plenty to do here. I would however be very interested in the narrow boats one day as I said. I do find that to be something that you could not do in the U.S.

Narrow boats are great. Nothing nicer than mooring up by a country pub on a glorious summer's evening, enjoying a pint or two with a great dinner and retiring to the boat for a couple of glasses of decent single malt Scotch.
It's been my dream for nearly a decade.

Facts being presented do not matter to those intent on making a partisan point. The simple fact is that COVID-19 infects folks with no regard for their political positions.
At this juncture, with the level of infection established in the country, it is virtually impossible that we won't have another 100,000 dead Americans by year's end. I think the point is that gross incompetence is what has led to this disaster, and some leaders (Trump, Abbott, DeSantis, Noem, etc.) continue to perpetuate the willful incompetence. That, by the way, appears to be a political reality.

Wow you must be really angry at China, the actual source of the virus release eh?

Except that doesn't do much at stopping the problem, now does it? I suppose one can blame who starts a fire, but if that's all that's done, then the house will still burn while the finger is being pointed. The whole "personal responsibility" mindset should be first and foremost for its advocates. China may be the source, but it's up to each nation to contain it once it spreads into their borders.

'Population density', look up what that means and apply it to those two. Actually allow me to help; New York 417/sq.mi. Texas 101/sq.mi. Now, see if you can figure out why somewhere four times as densely populated might have higher rates of transmission and infection. Let me know if you need any more help.

Now show him the population density of New York City and maybe he'll understand.

Interesting, with 10 million fewer people, the silly lone star state now has over 200 more COVID deaths than the land of fruits and nuts.

Red states are literally dying for Trump.
The deep-state CDC is in charge of reporting these 'deaths' of which many admittedly have never been tested for COVID. I can see them amping up the fake deaths for red states.

Yes
Except that doesn't do much at stopping the problem, now does it? I suppose one can blame who starts a fire, but if that's all that's done, then the house will still burn while the finger is being pointed. The whole "personal responsibility" mindset should be first and foremost for its advocates. China may be the source, but it's up to each nation to contain it once it spreads into their borders.
one can blame the arsonist and one usually does not blame the fire department. Do you have a single post in which you have blamed china?

The deep-state CDC is in charge of reporting these 'deaths' of which many admittedly have never been tested for COVID. I can see them amping up the fake deaths for red states.
1 question for you Didn't Trump take that responsibility away from them several months ago?
It is the WH task force that has been keeping the numbers NOT the CDC.
Just asking I think he did
Have a nice day

Back
Top Bottom