• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

More Tax Dollars For Liberal Indoctrinization

aquapub

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
Jay Bennish, the latest of hundreds of school and college teachers to be taken to the mat for blatantly shoving his views down the throats of captive student audiences, has now hired Ward Churchill's attorney. He is supposed to teach geography, but one brave student finally taped him ranting against America, conservatives, capitalism, Bush...doing everything but teaching geography through an entire class...and all at taxpayer expense.

This is extremely common and it is not about free speech. We are paying taxes for these people to educate our kids and they are brainwashing them with liberal bunk instead. THIS activist was suspended, and with all the outrage from the locals there, he will probably be fired.

But college is really where the uphill battle is. Many of the most radical liberals who indoctrinate 24/7 are tenured, hence immune to being removed. So, we just keep on sending our tax dollars to left wing activists to turn our children into little liberal hysterics and nobody does anything, right?

Wrong. Object, loudly. Public outrage is the only way to stop this "pro-diversity" crowd from conducting their war on intellectual diversity.

http://www.townhall.com/opinion/columns/walterwilliams/2006/02/22/187189.html

Amen!

Amen, man! Teach my kids the 3 Rs NOT how to disrespect our nation's President, comparing him to Hitler (much like (D) Durbincompared our troops to Nazis), and teaching YOU political Philosophy/Belief!

If we had a Dem President and a teacher was teaching kids in a classroom by comparing the President to a Genocidal nutball who tried to extrerminate an entire race of people, all he!! would be breaking out as the Dems would be screaming for the teachers head instead of yelling 'Free Speech'. You know what? I would be, too, and I am a Republican! I don't care if you are GOP or Dem, we should all agree that politics does not need to be pushed in our kids' classrooms.

If my tax dollars are going for political endoctrination of ANY flavor in public schools, you can give me back my tax dolars and let Public Schools go away!

Re: Amen!

easyt65 said:
Amen, man! Teach my kids the 3 Rs NOT how to disrespect our nation's President, comparing him to Hitler (much like (D) Durbincompared our troops to Nazis

You act like comparing the troops to Nazis is unpatriotic! Hey man, I'll have you know Democrats support the troo....:rofl

Sorry, I just can't keep a straight face and finish that sentence.

An entire school of students apparently walked out to protest this propagandizing extremist and it is almost impossible to find any stories in the media.

If this was a radical Christian or partisan Republican shoving his views down kids' throats, I guarantee you there would be hell to pay on the front page of every major paper. ;)

Why is it that the left is constantly petitioning federal courts to disregard the Constitution to keep all things God from appearing anywhere in public schools (against the overwhelmingly expressed will of the people), yet they seem perfectly fine with letting tax dollars be used to ACTUALLY force someone's views on students?

Hey Aqua... what's your stance on teaching creationism in a science class?

Judging from what you wrote here, you'd be dead set against it. Well unless you want to be hypocritical.

aquapub said:
An entire school of students apparently walked out to protest this propagandizing extremist and it is almost impossible to find any stories in the media.

If this was a radical Christian or partisan Republican shoving his views down kids' throats, I guarantee you there would be hell to pay on the front page of every major paper. ;)

It's hard for papers to print a story when they totally agree with that the teacher said!

Seriously, I agree that no teacher should be making those kind of statements in a classroom. Even if I agreed with what the professor was saying, I would not sit through that kind of classroom technique. It is totally inappropriate.

I do not think this happens regularly. I really don't.

aquapub said:
Why is it that the left is constantly petitioning federal courts to disregard the Constitution to keep all things God from appearing anywhere in public schools (against the overwhelmingly expressed will of the people), yet they seem perfectly fine with letting tax dollars be used to ACTUALLY force someone's views on students?

***Yeah, I just posted in the Education section titled, 'Radical Liberal Professors' a new book by David Horowitz. He exposes all these professors that are teaching our kids to hate America, side with Bin Laden etc. The book is surely an eye opener. Down with the un-American liberalism!

ptsdkid said:
***Yeah, I just posted in the Education section titled, 'Radical Liberal Professors' a new book by David Horowitz. He exposes all these professors that are teaching our kids to hate America, side with Bin Laden etc. The book is surely an eye opener. Down with the un-American liberalism!

I don't know who is worse--Michael Moore/moveon.org or you and aquapub.

aquapub said:
You act like comparing the troops to Nazis is unpatriotic! Hey man, I'll have you know Democrats support the troo....:rofl

Sorry, I just can't keep a straight face and finish that sentence.

That is quite possibly one of the most disrespectful things I've ever heard from you.

The best way to support the troops? Is to BE a troop.

I'm a liberal, and I served my country. I think I've asked this before...have you?

Stace said:
That is quite possibly one of the most disrespectful things I've ever heard from you.

The best way to support the troops? Is to BE a troop.

I'm a liberal, and I served my country. I think I've asked this before...have you?

I have served my country, and I STILL am serving it! From what I can tell Aquapub was using sarcasm for purposes of humor and in making a point by/in saying what Democrats/Liberals like (D) Dick Durbin and (D) Kerry have made clear they actually feel! Durbin compared our troops to Nazis while using what he thought was a classified document as his justification. Didn't matter that using a REAL classified document would be illegal, he wanted to use it to launch a political strike and a verbal attack against our military - military personnel like ME! Turns out the document was unclassified and opinion, not fact, based. The basis of his whole attack was wrong, he was wrong, and when confronted with the truth he refused to apiologize, demonstrating his true contempt fot the military.

As far as Kerry goes, his contempt for the military is well documented, from his treasonous meeting with enemy leaders in Paris while still in the military during a war to his perjurous testimony about fellow troops, accusing them of war crimes, only to admit later that he had given that false testimony in order to launch his anti-war political career. Then, recently, he goes on a talkshow and calls our troops in Iraq 'terrorists', accusing them of going door to door in Iraq just to harrass and frighten women and children.

As a soldier/ex-soldier, not as a member of any party, THAT should turn your stomach!

As far as this teacher goes, his lawyer is trying to turn the focus off him and onto BUSH (It's Bush's fault he has been suspended?:doh Please!) by saying his wiretaps is the fault the kid brought in a tape recorder! He is a geography teacher, not even Political Science teacher, so his ramblings had nothing to do with the curriculim he was supposed to be teaching! Although he said, "You don't have to take my word for it....", he still brought his own political bias into a classroom to force on impressionable students! Stick to your subject, the course curriculum, and lay off the liberal brainwashing!

A teaching degree and certificate does not give you the stage, freedom, or right to depart from subject matter to projectile vomit your religeous, ethical, morals, or political beliefs/philosophy onto anyone else's kids! You want freedom of speech, go stand on a corner and rant this stuff all you want. If anyone tries to make you stop, I will defend you because that is why I joined the military. Do this stuff in front of my kids in school,though, and I will kick your butt! Certain jobs insist and require you to hold back personal rants/beliefs. If you pop off, you get fired! Same here! Keep it outta the classroom!

He can take his federal lawsuit and shove it where the sun don't shine!

Last edited:

easyt65 said:
I have served my country, and I STILL am serving it! From what I can tell Aquapub was using sarcasm for purposes of humor and in making a point by/in saying what Democrats/Liberals like (D) Dick Durbin and (D) Kerry have made clear they actually feel! Durbin compared our troops to Nazis while using what he thought was a classified document as his justification. Didn't matter that using a REAL classified document would be illegal, he wanted to use it to launch a political strike and a verbal attack against our military - military personnel like ME! Turns out the document was unclassified and opinion, not fact, based. The basis of his whole attack was wrong, he was wrong, and when confronted with the truth he refused to apiologize, demonstrating his true contempt fot the military.

As far as Kerry goes, his contempt for the military is well documented, from his treasonous meeting with enemy leaders in Paris while still in the military during a war to his perjurous testimony about fellow troops, accusing them of war crimes, only to admit later that he had given that false testimony in order to launch his anti-war political career. Then, recently, he goes on a talkshow and calls our troops in Iraq 'terrorists', accusing them of going door to door in Iraq just to harrass and frighten women and children.

As a soldier/ex-soldier, not as a member of any party, THAT should turn your stomach!

As far as this teacher goes, his lawyer is trying to turn the focus off him and onto BUSH (It's Bush's fault he has been suspended?:doh Please!) by saying his wiretaps is the fault the kid brought in a tape recorder! He is a geography teacher, not even Political Science teacher, so his ramblings had nothing to do with the curriculim he was supposed to be teaching! Although he said, "You don't have to take my word for it....", he still brought his own political bias into a classroom to force on impressionable students! Stick to your subject, the course curriculum, and lay off the liberal brainwashing!

A teaching degree and certificate does not give you the stage, freedom, or right to depart from subject matter to projectile vomit your religeous, ethical, morals, or political beliefs/philosophy onto anyone else's kids! You want freedom of speech, go stand on a corner and rant this stuff all you want. If anyone tries to make you stop, I will defend you because that is why I joined the military. Do this stuff in front of my kids in school,though, and I will kick your butt! Certain jobs insist and require you to hold back personal rants/beliefs. If you pop off, you get fired! Same here! Keep it outta the classroom!

He can take his federal lawsuit and shove it where the sun don't shine!

With all due respect, I was addressing aquapub specifically for a reason. No matter what the topic, he always has to throw in some partisan crap, some sort of liberal bashing, and quite frankly, I'm getting tired of seeing it. There's no point to it. In this particular instance, yes, the teacher was out of line. But not all teachers are. Nor do people like Kerry and Durbin, and anyone else that you want to say bash the troops, represent the beliefs and views of ALL liberals, and I'm quite tired of being stereotyped that way.

Stace said:
With all due respect, I was addressing aquapub specifically for a reason. No matter what the topic, he always has to throw in some partisan crap, some sort of liberal bashing, and quite frankly, I'm getting tired of seeing it. There's no point to it. In this particular instance, yes, the teacher was out of line. But not all teachers are. Nor do people like Kerry and Durbin, and anyone else that you want to say bash the troops, represent the beliefs and views of ALL liberals, and I'm quite tired of being stereotyped that way.

I hear your frustration, and I understand. I do not think all liberals hate the military, but what I see are guys like Durbin and Kerry stepping out to the front of the democratic party, claiming to be their leaders, and making all these stupid attacks and statements without anyone from the Democratic party stepping up to challenge them and say, "You guys aren't our leaders. You don't speak for us."

Just as much as you are tired of being stereotyped and tired or people bashing Liberals, I am tired of j@ck@sses like Durbin and Kerry committing treason by attacking our troops, bashing our President, and puling off stunts like this teacher has done, then claiming HE is the victim. The 'political bashing', by the way as I have noticed, only seems to be a problem when it is the GOPers fighting back and doing it to the Libs for a change. I am personally tired of all the politics of hate from BOTH sides, but I am especially tired of the hypocrisy from the left!

As far as teachers go, I know all teachers arent bad, but the only ones who seem to make the news are the hot female teachers who are sleeping with their young students or radical libs who are using their teaching gig as a platform to push their political opinions/views! And THAT is a shame, because they are a lot of great teachers out there who deserve recognition!

Meanwhile the TV is showing a bunch of kids who are using the teacher's suspension as an excuse to walk out of class. where are the cops/truancy officers/parents. If my kid walked out of school, I would snatch his butt right back in. the school district is handling the matter, and most of the kids are probably just looking at this as an opportunity to get out of school!

Last edited:
Bottom line is this whacko is suppose to be teaching a Geography class, not a Political Science one...........That is what he should be doing.........

Navy Pride said:
Bottom line is this whacko is suppose to be teaching a Geography class, not a Political Science one...........That is what he should be doing.........

Exactly. That nutbag is out of line. He should be doing the job he is getting paid for.

If he was appearing at a campus to do that specifically, that would be a whole 'nuther thing. Much the same as if Ann Coulter was appearing to make as a$$ of herself. But that is not what he is there to do. He should be teaching geography.

Trow da bum out!

Back
Top Bottom