• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

More scientific data shows the "news" media are LYING about coronavirus!

ModerationNow!

I identify as "non-Bidenary".
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
This short video includes charts showing how the "news" media are blatantly lying about Covid19 conditions in Sweden, while omitting the MUCH WORSE Covid19 sickness and death rates in big democrat states like New York, Jersey, etc. Sweden has fared MUCH BETTER than most other countries when it comes to Covid19 sickness and death rates, despite not having adopted tyrannical mask mandates. It's mostly because not having everyone cowering at home, has helped them achieve herd immunity WITHOUT destroying their economy!

The chart also shows that the big democrat run states have FAR more deaths per million than Sweden(3x), as New York and New Jersey are among the worst in the world when it comes to Covid19 sickness and FATALITIES. That, despite the tyrannical & perpetual shut downs and mask mandates!

It also helps us to see the real motivation for the left's lies, exaggerations and fear mongering about Covid19. It's all political. Big surprise!

No it doesn't, you hate science, and a YouTube video isn't science.

Sweden performed worse than all of its direct neighbors and the European average as a whole. You're cherry picking because you're dishonest and have an agenda.

Never did I think I'd be arguing with right wing fascists that say they want to be like Sweden.

Yes.

I always go to an AGENDA DRIVEN biased 5 1/2 minute Youtube video to get the low down on what all of the entire Media everywhere is up to.

:ROFLMAO:

Sweden performed worse than all of its direct neighbors and the European average as a whole. You're cherry picking because you're dishonest and have an agenda.

Never did I think I'd be arguing with right wing fascists that say they want to be like Sweden.
How about left wing pseudo intellectuals who cherry pick?

Deaths/ 1M pop:

Spain: 722
UK: 642
Belgium: 897
Italy: 605
Sweden: 585

I'm sorry to say that you are wrong and ModerationNow! is correct. But the information is a little bit like a 2 dimension picture of a 3 dimension world. Our expert does not recommend facemasks because they recommend social distance of at least 2 meters. They recommend working from home and they recommend not using public transportation unless necessary. They recommend hand alcohol at all times after being in public situations and to not poke yourself in the face before using it. They recommend everyone over 70 to only meet their loved ones outside and to keep the distance of 2 meters. Easy as pie in Sweden, not feasible in New York.

In a country with only 2 cities with more than a million citizen (and I am not talking about the city center but on a surrounding of 6 500 km², if we only count the 400 km² around the city center, we have NO city with a million citizens). New York has an area of 784 km² and have as much people living there as in the whole of Sweden. Also we do in general listen to our government and we do, in general respect other people for their opinions (If we see that someone is especially meticulous in keeping distance, we respect that, don’t ask why and keep our distance to an even higher extent.) It is not looked at as a political question in our country, it is a medical question.

So: Situation and mindset is different in US from Sweden, hence, we have one way to deal with Corona and you have another. And by the way: the spread of infection is increasing again in Sweden. We aren’t out of the woods yet.

I'm sorry to say that you are wrong and ModerationNow! is correct. But the information is a little bit like a 2 dimension picture of a 3 dimension world. Our expert does not recommend facemasks because they recommend social distance of at least 2 meters. They recommend working from home and they recommend not using public transportation unless necessary. They recommend hand alcohol at all times after being in public situations and to not poke yourself in the face before using it. They recommend everyone over 70 to only meet their loved ones outside and to keep the distance of 2 meters. Easy as pie in Sweden, not feasible in New York.

In a country with only 2 cities with more than a million citizen (and I am not talking about the city center but on a surrounding of 6 500 km², if we only count the 400 km² around the city center, we have NO city with a million citizens). New York has an area of 784 km² and have as much people living there as in the whole of Sweden. Also we do in general listen to our government and we do, in general respect other people for their opinions (If we see that someone is especially meticulous in keeping distance, we respect that, don’t ask why and keep our distance to an even higher extent.) It is not looked at as a political question in our country, it is a medical question.

So: Situation and mindset is different in US from Sweden, hence, we have one way to deal with Corona and you have another. And by the way: the spread of infection is increasing again in Sweden. We aren’t out of the woods yet.

You have not backed up the OP's claim that masks do nothing. They are ONE part of a series of measures we can take to reduce transmission risk. Sweden experimented with a new concept and it failed. It objectively performed worse than the average EU country and it performed worse than all of its direct neighbors. It did manage to do light years better than the US because at least Sweden had a strategy of some kind. The US had none and had a president that spent months telling people not to wear masks.

You have not backed up the OP's claim that masks do nothing. They are ONE part of a series of measures we can take to reduce transmission risk. Sweden experimented with a new concept and it failed. It objectively performed worse than the average EU country and it performed worse than all of its direct neighbors. It did manage to do light years better than the US because at least Sweden had a strategy of some kind. The US had none and had a president that spent months telling people not to wear masks.
Well, Our experts doesn't say that masks do nothing. If used correctly (only put on ones, not being fiddled with and discarded or washed after each use) and if they are constructed correctly (fabric masks should for example consist of at least three layers of different materials.) they provide a protection up to 50%. But our experts think that they also gives people a false sence of security and makes people less prone to keep social distance and to stay home if they feel any symtoms at all.

As I said in my previous post, keeping social distance, in Sweden, is not that difficult.

This short video includes charts showing how the "news" media are blatantly lying about Covid19 conditions in Sweden, while omitting the MUCH WORSE Covid19 sickness and death rates in big democrat states like New York, Jersey, etc. Sweden has fared MUCH BETTER than most other countries when it comes to Covid19 sickness and death rates, despite not having adopted tyrannical mask mandates. It's mostly because not having everyone cowering at home, has helped them achieve herd immunity WITHOUT destroying their economy!

The chart also shows that the big democrat run states have FAR more deaths per million than Sweden(3x), as New York and New Jersey are among the worst in the world when it comes to Covid19 sickness and FATALITIES. That, despite the tyrannical & perpetual shut downs and mask mandates!

It also helps us to see the real motivation for the left's lies, exaggerations and fear mongering about Covid19. It's all political. Big surprise!

So your evidence is a conspiracy laden from someone who runs a pseudo science blog? Really? That is frigging stupid and insane.

Back
Top Bottom