• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

More rights removed by government then al Quaeda

Libertarian

Banned
Reaction score
I have had more rights and liberties removed by the U.S. government then by al Quaeda.

The Transportation Stupidity Administration is a perfect example. These idiots have taken to making mostly men take their shoes off. I asked them why? Richard Reid planted explosives in his shoes they said.

Richard Reid said he watched security guards at airports to see what they didn't search, and he came up with shoes. Ok, so now what do they continue not to search? Under peoples clothes, and in their body cavities. So now al Quaeda just gets one of there many, many male homosexuals to stick a pound of plastic explosives up his cavernous rear.....or some al quaeda lesbian where fisting is a popular bull diesel behavior, and viola, she now has a pound up her pud.

Until such time they start doing strip searches and body cavity searches, what they are doing is a complete and total waist of time if they mean to stop explosives.

And worse, these idiots at the terminal boarding gate get on the PA an demand that everyone 18 and over produce ID.s....they might as well add: "Arab terrorists under 18 need not comply." Like showing id's is going to do anything! They can be bought for $400 at McArthur Park in Los Angeles. Al Quaeda like most third world types can easily obtain forged passports as i.d.s....

Or how about the little 6 year old caucasian blond girl in pigtails and a pink plastic barbie backpack I saw them search.....oh yeah, all those little white kids blowing up planes....or nail files as a prohibited item? What is a passenger going to do, threaten to give the pilot a bad manicure? How about the U.S. airline I was just on that prohibited metal nail files, but handed out metal knives to us all for the dinner meat!

Of course cross dressing arab men in full length burkas completely covering their faces are exempt, as are people who refuse to relmove their burkas for religious reasons at the DMV...after all, we wouldn't want to offend arab terrorists and "discriminate" against suicide hijackers.....

Libertarian said:
I have had more rights and liberties removed by the U.S. government then by al Quaeda.

The Transportation Stupidity Administration is a perfect example. These idiots have taken to making mostly men take their shoes off. I asked them why? Richard Reid planted explosives in his shoes they said.

Richard Reid said he watched security guards at airports to see what they didn't search, and he came up with shoes. Ok, so now what do they continue not to search? Under peoples clothes, and in their body cavities. So now al Quaeda just gets one of there many, many male homosexuals to stick a pound of plastic explosives up his cavernous rear.....or some al quaeda lesbian where fisting is a popular bull diesel behavior, and viola, she now has a pound up her pud.

Until such time they start doing strip searches and body cavity searches, what they are doing is a complete and total waist of time if they mean to stop explosives.

And worse, these idiots at the terminal boarding gate get on the PA an demand that everyone 18 and over produce ID.s....they might as well add: "Arab terrorists under 18 need not comply." Like showing id's is going to do anything! They can be bought for $400 at McArthur Park in Los Angeles. Al Quaeda like most third world types can easily obtain forged passports as i.d.s....

Or how about the little 6 year old caucasian blond girl in pigtails and a pink plastic barbie backpack I saw them search.....oh yeah, all those little white kids blowing up planes....or nail files as a prohibited item? What is a passenger going to do, threaten to give the pilot a bad manicure? How about the U.S. airline I was just on that prohibited metal nail files, but handed out metal knives to us all for the dinner meat!

Of course cross dressing arab men in full length burkas completely covering their faces are exempt, as are people who refuse to relmove their burkas for religious reasons at the DMV...after all, we wouldn't want to offend arab terrorists and "discriminate" against suicide hijackers.....

I forget, what rights enumerated by the constitution are being violated by asking you to remove your shoes at the DMV?

Oh, that's right, you have no clue, because you're a moron.

I've yet to find a single one of your posts that either indicated me that you're an intelligent human being, or that you are a libertarian. Do you even know the definition?

I don't hate the ignorant, but rather those who revel in their ignorance and would have it no other way....

On 9/11 al-Queda took away the right to live of 3,177 people in United States (2,792 at the World Trade Center, 124 at the Pentagon, and 261 on-board the four planes). And they have taken away thousands of more lives of innocent people throughout the years.

So you tell me. Who has taken more rights away? The government makes these rules you whine about to protect you.

ANAV said:
On 9/11 al-Queda took away the right to live of 3,177 people in United States (2,792 at the World Trade Center, 124 at the Pentagon, and 261 on-board the four planes). And they have taken away thousands of more lives of innocent people throughout the years.

So you tell me. Who has taken more rights away? The government makes these rules you whine about to protect you.

Well the US has taken the right to life to 20,000+ innocent people in this war on terror - so whats you point? Justify death, with more death?

ANAV said:

If the government is to suspend any rights/freedoms, doesn't that mean a victory for the terrorists?

Gandhi>Bush said:
If the government is to suspend any rights/freedoms, doesn't that mean a victory for the terrorists?

None of my rights/freedoms have been violated. I have to wait longer in airport lines, take off my shoes, and be searched. If it's in the name a national security I'm willing to make those petty sacrifices.

And what do you say to those put on the "No Fly" list? Once you're on, there are no steps you can take to get off of it.

There have been thousands of filed complaints from people that claim to have had their rights violated by those acting under the Patriot Act's jurisdiction.

What would you say to them?

ANAV said:
None of my rights/freedoms have been violated. I have to wait longer in airport lines, take off my shoes, and be searched. If it's in the name a national security I'm willing to make those petty sacrifices.

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." Benjamim Franklin

"Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves." William Pitt

RightatNYU, of all things a moderator wrote
Oh, that's right, you have no clue, because you're a moron.

Flaming, baiting and harassing members is a violation of the terms of service. I suggest you re-read them. Consider this a warning.

Libertarian said:
Flaming, baiting and harassing members is a violation of the terms of service. I suggest you re-read them. Consider this a warning.

Because you have the authority to do what? RightatNYU is a valued member of or little system we have here. He has only recently been made a moderator and he knows the expectations we have for him. Thank you for your little "warning," but for future reference, if you ever want to complain about a moderator, send a private message to vauge, or squawker. Please do not announce it to the forum. Thank you. Have a nice day :2razz: .

You would think the mods would take their own advice....

You gotta love the irony....

;)

Libertarian said:
"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." Benjamim Franklin

The keyword in that statement is essential.
It is arguably more essential you take a little longer in line than not given the issues at hand.
They took me aside for an extra 15 mins because I was wearing steel toed shoes. Freedom ain't free buddy. There is a price for everything.

The government is in place to protect the people and to make decisions for those they represent(us). I wish it didn't come to these restraints and precautionary measures, but in this day and age it is neccesary. People complain when the government fails to protect us, and yet still complains when the government takes the measures to protect us.

I don't need the government to protect me, I just want them to get the hell out of the way when I protect myself.

Then why live in America? The way I see it, when it comes to our country we can refer to the 3 L's: Love it, Live with it, or LEAVE IT

Because I was born here.....besides, I like being a Patriot to a country that has the world greatest military might, in spite of all our flaws, I love my country.

Libertarian said:
RightatNYU, of all things a moderator wrote

In all seriousness, I apologize for the wording of my statement. The inappropriateness of it was brought to my attention by a fellow moderator prior to your message, and I want to let you know that I wish I'd phrased my argument in a less combative way. So, again, my apologies.

I find it hard to believe that you can, with a straight face, make the argument that your constitutional rights are being violated by being wanded or removing your shoes at the airport. If you feel violated, then take Amtrak.

I have friends who are actual libertarians, and the vast majority of them would be loath to claim alignment with someone of your beliefs and arguing methods.

It seems to me that you're somewhat of a single issue debater, and haven't really thought much else through.

RightatNYU wrote:

In all seriousness, I apologize for the wording of my statement. The inappropriateness of it was brought to my attention by a fellow moderator prior to your message, and I want to let you know that I wish I'd phrased my argument in a less combative way. So, again, my apologies.

Look, we all know we are all here because we are all bored and enjoy mindlessly arguing to people whose minds we will never change, just for the sheer entertainment of it all. I am no exception.Just look at all the activity I have brought to this forum! Although I know we all have our convictions and these are some serious issues, this IS fun.... I don't get to run across whacked out liberals in person, so the chance to find these people and spar with them is endlessly amusing to me, I still can' t believe people like that actually exist!

TOS of boards are some pretty vague stuff that is often used to silence political opposition. I don't envy guys like Vauge, who has also been called to the carpet by me, he has to deal with all the kids in the sandbox.

Half the fun of debating is usurping your opponants arguments by using them first. Since one particular moderator here has taken to warning two of his political opponants recently, they sort of set you up for my reply.....lol..

Anyway, dont' sweat it buddy....I personally found it amusing.....

Now, can we get just get back to arguing instead of being civil?

;)

Libertarian said:
So now al Quaeda just gets one of there many, many male homosexuals to stick a pound of plastic explosives up his cavernous rear.....or some al quaeda lesbian where fisting is a popular bull diesel behavior, and viola, she now has a pound up her pud.

How far will this person be allowed to go before someone decides he's gone too far?

Back
Top Bottom