• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

More republicans seek distance from Trump

swing_voter

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
With President Trump sinking in the polls less than three weeks before the November elections, a growing number of GOP lawmakers are scrambling to distance themselves from their party's embattled standard-bearer — a shift that’s both illuminated Trump’s tumultuous tenure in the White House and driven cracks in the GOP's united front at a particularly inconvenient moment for the unpopular president.

Trump, who?

Are you surprised?

As Trump falls in the polls and his prospects of re-election grow bleaker, I suspect you will see more and more Republicans begin to pile on (we have seen Sasse and Gen Kelly being willing to speak). They will be like Peter denying they ever knew the man. It will be pathetic as they will show just how morally weak they are, but it will be welcomed as their voices will help drive the final nails into the coffin of a bleak (if not embarrassing) period of American history.

Trump only brought coffee for everyone a couple times.

Jk. That neck tattoo isn't going to wash off easily.

We're going to lose a fine Senator in Maine with all this partisan power wrestling and imo it sucks. People ought to be limited to campaigning for their own senators. The out of state money that has poured into Gideon's coffers just because she's a Democrat is sickening.

It won't be the end of the world to have a Democrat representing us, but I'll never like her, just because of how she's winning.

With President Trump sinking in the polls less than three weeks before the November elections, a growing number of GOP lawmakers are scrambling to distance themselves from their party's embattled standard-bearer — a shift that’s both illuminated Trump’s tumultuous tenure in the White House and driven cracks in the GOP's united front at a particularly inconvenient moment for the unpopular president.

Trump, who?

Are you surprised?
Never heard of him, I might have met him once but did not notice them.

We're going to lose a fine Senator in Maine with all this partisan power wrestling and imo it sucks. People ought to be limited to campaigning for their own senators. The out of state money that has poured into Gideon's coffers just because she's a Democrat is sickening.

It won't be the end of the world to have a Democrat representing us, but I'll never like her, just because of how she's winning.
Hah! We all have our definitions of 'fine' eh?

No, she's not mine. But as I look at her from another state, I swear I've never seen a women say so many words specifically designed to say absolutely nothing. Has she ever taken a stand on anything, the last few years? If she was a guy, I'd call her a 'wuss'!

Trump, who?

Are you surprised?
Not at all.

These same stories ran in 2016.

Not sure why so many people are paying attention to Sasse. Who cares?

Vernon Jones abandoning the Democratic Party for Trump is much more newsworthy.

Hah! We all have our definitions of 'fine' eh?

No, she's not mine. But as I look at her from another state, I swear I've never seen a women say so many words specifically designed to say absolutely nothing. Has she ever taken a stand on anything, the last few years? If she was a guy, I'd call her a 'wuss'!
I disagree. She carefully considers her decisions and she respects us enough to tell us how she decided what she did and why. I sure didn't agree with her decision on Kavanaugh (she completely ignored his unprofessional and highly partisan rant that killed it for me) or her decision on the impeachment, but I understand why she decided what she did. And all in all, I respect her as a hard working, honest Senator who knows healthcare and a lot of other stuff inside out. And she is ALWAYS civil. I really like that.

Back
Top Bottom