• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

More Proof of Canada's Failed Mental Health Policies?

You are waaaay too harsh on Canada. All those elderly parents have to do to get their benefits is to eat somebody for lunch at a bus station. Preferably alive. Then the benefits are doubled.

So, who said that Canada is a sick and disgusting place with f***** up priorities?

Ooops.. I think it was me when the subject was unrestricted abortions on demand for any reason and at any time during pregnancy. Just like in China and North Korea.

What a country.

You're funny as hell, I like you :)

What does that even mean? Do you really say that one lunatic running amok shows that a whole system has broken down? Can you really be that dumb?

Off the subject, just curious if a forum like this one would be legal in Canada.

I am referring to the most "offensive" and "bigoted" posts like mine, not to the forum itself.

Just wondering after reading about your "hate speech" laws.

For example, can I post "I hate Muslim immigrants" in Canada and be sure I am not breaking any laws?

Off the subject, just curious if a forum like this one would be legal in Canada.

I am referring to the most "offensive" and "bigoted" posts like mine, not to the forum itself.

For example, can I post "I hate Muslim immigrants" in Canada and be sure I am not breaking any laws?

I suppose, since they don't round up people suffering from other mental illnesses, they wouldn't round up a bigot either.

But, that's just a guess. I'm not familiar with their freedom of speech policies.

I don't know. If you've been reading about the laws you probably know more about it than I.
Far as I know, you have to be inciting hatred in others, not just expressing your own hate, but don't quote me on it.

I don't know. If you've been reading about the laws you probably know more about it than I.
Far as I know, you have to be inciting hatred in others, not just expressing your own hate, but don't quote me on it.

Since you don't know, here it is: What I just wrote about Muslims is "hate speech" in Canada and would land me in a Canadian prison.

So much for the land of the free, or am I confusing countries?

Since you don't know, here it is: What I just wrote about Muslims is "hate speech" in Canada and would land me in a Canadian prison.

So much for the land of the free, or am I confusing countries?

Yeah, whatever. It sounds 'way more important to you than it is to me. There's limits to personal freedoms everywhere and, like the punchline to the old joke goes, "Now we're just negotiating the price."

Yeah, whatever. It sounds 'way more important to you than it is to me. There's limits to personal freedoms everywhere and, like the punchline to the old joke goes, "Now we're just negotiating the price."

As opposed to Canada, the U.S. is materially different than Nazi Germany and the Soviet Union on at least two counts: (1) as opposed to the Nazis and the Soviets, we have a right to freely express our views without fear of being prosecuted criminally, and (2) as opposed to the Nazis and the Soviets, we have a right to be armed to protect our lives.

But the most hideous part of the Canadian reality today is the Canadian abortion law - materially a copy of the abortion laws in China and North Korea.

FYI, even your French brothers in Europe allow on demand abortions only within the first 12 weeks.

As opposed to Canada, the U.S. is materially different than Nazi Germany and the Soviet Union on at least two counts: (1) as opposed to the Nazis and the Soviets, we have a right to freely express our views without fear of being prosecuted criminally, and (2) as opposed to the Nazis and the Soviets, we have a right to be armed to protect our lives.

But the most hideous part of the Canadian reality today is the Canadian abortion law - materially a copy of the abortion laws in China and North Korea.

FYI, even your French brothers in Europe allow on demand abortions only within the first 12 weeks.

I don't care. Yeah, hate speech laws limit freedom of expression but they limit the freedom of people I don't like so it's 'way down on my anxiety list. And I won't get myself all twisted about your opinion of our abortion laws if you don't stay awake worrying about my opinion of capital punishment (that puts you in some highly-esteemed company internationally, don't it?).
Give me free rein on the legal system here and the first thing I'll do is make drugs legal.

Yes, everyone will hate you, but you can. If you said you wanted to kill all Muslim immigrants, that would be hate speech.

Μολὼν λαβέ;1065890619 said:
Its better to have it and not need it that to need it and not have it.

Which is why I wear chain mail underwear- I won't be a victim in the next sharknado... :roll:

From my PoV, this is less about mental illness and more about the Canadian government dumping thugs on the defenseless Canadians. Just like the feds dumping illegal criminals here. Both saying: screw you and fend for yourself. Just wondering: If got stabbed by one of those morons, pulled that knife out of my chest, stabbed the sob and the pos dies, would I be prosecuted in Canada?

Well the patron saint of the 'new' GOP, St. Ronnie of California, emptied mental health institutions to save money back in the day. Cut mental health programs as 'wasteful'.

I would be impressed if a stabbing victim could wrestle a knife away from the guy who stabbed him- (I didn't read where the attacker left the knife in anyone's chest- the sucking chest wound might just have your undivided attention once you pull the knife out)

It is a depressingly routine statement about most our mass shooting gunmen- 'a history of mental health issues'... :peace

nah, no worries, you could join, well you could "try"....the thing is, they give an I.Q. test so not looking too good for you to actually be accepted

:shrug:

Yet every time there's a shooting, we need a new policy regarding guns. Or so many say.

And apparently every topic requires an obligatory reference to gun laws.
Or so many say.

And apparently every topic requires an obligatory reference to gun laws.
Or so many say.

I was agreeing with you in a way, an anecdote shouldn't drive policy. (x) event happens, therefore the entire system is a failure and we need new federal laws, bans, agencies?

Well the patron saint of the 'new' GOP, St. Ronnie of California, emptied mental health institutions to save money back in the day. Cut mental health programs as 'wasteful'.

So you're saying we need long-term institutions? Or were you just trying to get this to be about partisan politics?

I don't care. Yeah, hate speech laws limit freedom of expression but they limit the freedom of people I don't like so it's 'way down on my anxiety list. And I won't get myself all twisted about your opinion of our abortion laws if you don't stay awake worrying about my opinion of capital punishment (that puts you in some highly-esteemed company internationally, don't it?).
Give me free rein on the legal system here and the first thing I'll do is make drugs legal.

That tells us much about you. My Dad taught me lots about freedom: Either the law protects everyone or it protects no one. Perhaps one day you'll be in front of a judge that doesn't like you that doesn't care about the law. People that think this way are just a symptom of the deterioration of society and disinterest in the rule of law. Yeah, I there's lots to like about Canada, but attitudes like this make Flin Flon, Manitoba more attractive than Vancouver or Ontario peninsula.

Can't stand seeing the result of your politics with your own eyes? Don't shoot the messenger Grand Mal.

We are well aware of our policies, you should get up to speed.

That tells us much about you. My Dad taught me lots about freedom: Either the law protects everyone or it protects no one. Perhaps one day you'll be in front of a judge that doesn't like you that doesn't care about the law. People that think this way are just a symptom of the deterioration of society and disinterest in the rule of law. Yeah, I there's lots to like about Canada, but attitudes like this make Flin Flon, Manitoba more attractive than Vancouver or Ontario peninsula.

Ohyeah, you're conservative.
See, the law to me is just another human construct, a product of fallible men, and they got some of it right and some of it wrong. The authority wielded by the government needs to be respected as far as it's ability to exact consequences but, for example, I'll be damned if I'll wait at 4:00 am for a traffic light to turn green if there's no headlights in sight. I grow five pot plants every year. I speed when it's appropriate, ride an unlicensed dirt bike on the road when I can get away with it, pick oysters off the beach without a fishing license, I've never bought a dog license and I once climbed a flagpole to steal a BC Lions flag after they won the Grey Cup.
I can't help it. I'm liberal. "An you hurt no-one, do what thou wilt." My freedom, and yours, trumps the government's need for control.
Here's how I see it. Laws and rules are because people in charge don't trust the judgement of the people they're in charge of so they take decisions away from them. If you trust your own judgement you sometimes find yourself on the other side of the laws and rules.

We are well aware of our policies, you should get up to speed.

I'm not as grossed out by yours and Grand Mal's politics as i am by your denial of the adverse effects your politics produce.
Also your lack of concern for people who are the most severely damaged by your insane approach to societal issues.

Ohyeah, you're conservative.
See, the law to me is just another human construct, a product of fallible men, and they got some of it right and some of it wrong. The authority wielded by the government needs to be respected as far as it's ability to exact consequences but, for example, I'll be damned if I'll wait at 4:00 am for a traffic light to turn green if there's no headlights in sight. I grow five pot plants every year. I speed when it's appropriate, ride an unlicensed dirt bike on the road when I can get away with it, pick oysters off the beach without a fishing license, I've never bought a dog license and I once climbed a flagpole to steal a BC Lions flag after they won the Grey Cup.
I can't help it. I'm liberal. "An you hurt no-one, do what thou wilt." My freedom, and yours, trumps the government's need for control.
Here's how I see it. Laws and rules are because people in charge don't trust the judgement of the people they're in charge of so they take decisions away from them. If you trust your own judgement you sometimes find yourself on the other side of the laws and rules.

So all of that said, you favor bigger government that seeks to micro manage every minute aspect of your existence? Because that's what liberalism, or progressivism is like in the United States. I know it's different up there, smaller population, still majority homogeneous, plenty of open space. But get hip to what liberalism is really about bro, it ain't about smoking pot at Woodstock and being free anymore.

So all of that said, you favor bigger government that seeks to micro manage every minute aspect of your existence? Because that's what liberalism, or progressivism is like in the United States. I know it's different up there, smaller population, still majority homogeneous, plenty of open space. But get hip to what liberalism is really about bro, it ain't about smoking pot at Woodstock and being free anymore.

What? What?
Out of what I said there, you infer that I favour big government and micro-management? Do you have any, I mean any reading comprehension skills?
Listen, laddybuck, I've been liberal all my life and the easiest way I know to explain it to simple-minded people is to say I'm not conservative. Conservatives like government control, they like laws and police powers and a daddy-state government that demands obedience and discipline. Whenever liberals have fought for and won personal freedoms, it's been conservatives they've had to fight against and the fight continues today.
You need to get a clue about what 'liberal' means before you embarrass yourself with another inane post on the subject.

What? What?
Out of what I said there, you infer that I favour big government and micro-management? Do you have any, I mean any reading comprehension skills?
Listen, laddybuck, I've been liberal all my life and the easiest way I know to explain it to simple-minded people is to say I'm not conservative. Conservatives like government control, they like laws and police powers and a daddy-state government that demands obedience and discipline. Whenever liberals have fought for and won personal freedoms, it's been conservatives they've had to fight against and the fight continues today.
You need to get a clue about what 'liberal' means before you embarrass yourself with another inane post on the subject.

Did you not pay attention when Barack Obama, "the most liberal man in the Senate", said that he wanted to nationalize police forces, to make them accountable and controlled by Washington D.C. politicians?
Or when he said he wanted to create a " new civilian police force that would be "twice the size of the American military"? Sound like he's promoting personal freedoms?

Conservatives were against both of those ideas.

Modern supposed liberal politicians are in favor of the NSA, spying on Americans, taxing Americans at every opportunity, and not just taxing the rich, collecting data on everyone. There's even a movement under way to start implanting computer chips under people's skin here, under the guise of it being used to pay for things. I'm sure the CIA will applaud if that ever goes mainstream.

Saying you're liberal because you like to smoke weed and run red lights is laughable. You're liberal because you ain't gotta live with the results of liberalism and you think it's rebellious to roll a dooby.

Did you not pay attention when Barack Obama, "the most liberal man in the Senate", said that he wanted to nationalize police forces, to make them accountable and controlled by Washington D.C. politicians?
Or when he said he wanted to create a " new civilian police force that would be "twice the size of the American military"? Sound like he's promoting personal freedoms?

Conservatives were against both of those ideas.

Modern supposed liberal politicians are in favor of the NSA, spying on Americans, taxing Americans at every opportunity, and not just taxing the rich, collecting data on everyone. There's even a movement under way to start implanting computer chips under people's skin here, under the guise of it being used to pay for things. I'm sure the CIA will applaud if that ever goes mainstream.

Saying you're liberal because you like to smoke weed and run red lights is laughable. You're liberal because you ain't gotta live with the results of liberalism and you think it's rebellious to roll a dooby.

I've been liberal all my life- I know what it means. And I know that anyone who advocates government surveillance of citizens or more laws nd more powers for the police isn't liberal, I don't care what you, he, or anyone else says.
The simple fact is, every freedom you enjoy was won for you by liberals and they had to fight conservatives to do it.
And I don't smoke pot.

I've been liberal all my life- I know what it means. And I know that anyone who advocates government surveillance of citizens or more laws nd more powers for the police isn't liberal, I don't care what you, he, or anyone else says.
The simple fact is, every freedom you enjoy was won for you by liberals and they had to fight conservatives to do it.
And I don't smoke pot.

pity :2razz:

Back
Top Bottom