• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

More Progress On Mr. Trump's Border Wall

TU Curmudgeon

B.A. (Sarc), LLb. (Lex Sarcasus), PhD (Sarc.)
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Centrist
You probably haven't noticed it, but Mr. Trump's fantastically successful border wall has just received a major addition.

NewTrumpBorderWalll.jpg

Clearly labelled in Spanish

NewTrumpBorderWalll2.jpg

and stretching for over 3,800 m. this high-tech barrier has totally stopped 100% of all people who are attempting to illegally invade the US from Mexico where this magnificent section of the wall has been installed.

Sleep safe America, Mr. Trump is watching out for you.

More details HERE.

I live near the border and it is in fact coming along nicely.....looked at it with my own eyes and its really impressive!......and the CBP agents I've talked to say it has really helped in the areas it has gone up.....

Finally we have a president taking border security seriously!

You probably haven't noticed it, but Mr. Trump's fantastically successful border wall has just received a major addition.

and stretching for over 3,800 m. this high-tech barrier has totally stopped 100% of all people who are attempting to illegally invade the US from Mexico where this magnificent section of the wall has been installed.

More details HERE.
Dude, with a ladder, I could get over that. :lamo

I live near the border and it is in fact coming along nicely.....looked at it with my own eyes and its really impressive!......and the CBP agents I've talked to say it has really helped in the areas it has gone up.....

Take some detailed photos next time?

Dude, with a ladder, I could get over that. :lamo

It is the boarder between Canada and the US, meant to stop vehicle traffic crossing over the ditch.

It was poorly done or not complete as the wires should be taut

It is the boarder between Canada and the US, meant to stop vehicle traffic crossing over the ditch.

The top pic looks like 0 Avenue in Surrey, my home town. The fence is new, I think, there used to just be little waist-high aluminum obelisks every quarter mile or so. It's like the Canadians and Americans across the street are neighbours. Was like, anyway.

Does it look like this?

181026-border-wall-ew-212p_78529e537eb99a58988c3cce50f6ef97.jpg

If you're in decent shape it would take me maybe 3 minutes to teach you to climb that.

Does it look like this?

View attachment 67292265

If you're in decent shape it would take me maybe 3 minutes to teach you to climb that.

That part looks to be not finished...the finished parts I've seen have about a six ft solid panel at the top with nothing to grab or hold onto......I heard they hired some professional climbers to test it and they could get to the panel at the top but no further.....

While I doubt any barrier can be 100%....this thing looks 99% to me....I've been within about a block or so away and it looks really tall and intimidating....

That part looks to be not finished...the finished parts I've seen have about a six ft solid panel at the top with nothing to grab or hold onto......I heard they hired some professional climbers to test it and they could get to the panel at the top but no further.....

While I doubt any barrier can be 100%....this thing looks 99% to me....I've been within about a block or so away and it looks really tall and intimidating....

A six-foot panel at the top would need solving but a structural Ironworker, a connector, who couldn't climb what's in that pic would be headed for the parking lot with his belt over his shoulder.

More details HERE.

Dude...we don't care if illegal aliens in the US want to cross the border into your country. If you don't want that to happen, then build your own wall.

Dude...we don't care if illegal aliens in the US want to cross the border into your country. If you don't want that to happen, then build your own wall.

If you don't care, then why did the US government build it?

My French is rusty, But I believe this is the Canadian border. Good job stopping the Mexicans coming in.:lamo

On the plus side, a Canadian Judge just ruled that Canada can't kick Mexican/Central American asylum seekers out for crossing that border, so there is little preventing their entry into the country, thankfully.

uh.....photos of it are all over the internet.....search is your friend!
I think what he is saying is that your story is bull****.

------------------------

Thought had by person at the White House: If you can remember, man, woman, car, camera, TV, you are fit to lead a country and no one has anything to worry about

If you don't care, then why did the US government build it?

Didn't you read your own article?

In an email, a spokesperson for the United States Border Patrol said the fencing was built to keep vehicles from crashing across the border either accidentally or intentionally.

I think what he is saying is that your story is bull****.

------------------------

Thought had by person at the White House: If you can remember, man, woman, car, camera, TV, you are fit to lead a country and no one has anything to worry about

So you think all the photos of the new wall sections are fake???........ Now that's bull****!

So you think all the photos of the new wall sections are fake???........ Now that's bull****!

Okay, you're not following.

I'm sure parts of the wall are being built, that is not fake. It is your story about the wall, and your relationship with it that he is calling bull****.

I mean, your responses so far are pretty suspect.

Lmao.

------------------------

I actually think you want them with some slack. Point is to slow down and stop vehicles gradually so no one is injured.

The wall is poorly designed it has been shown to topple in high winds as it is bolted onto concrete ...... what is needed is a section of the lower wall be below ground level by 3 feet with a T-shape lower bottom and at least 2 feet of concrete poured around the base to properly anchor it ......to stop the wall being top heavy thus the bolts can't handle the strain of being hit by strong winds

More details HERE.

Clearly designed for people who aren't practicing their standing jumps....

Back
Top Bottom