• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

More people oppose "Obamacare" than oppose the "Affordable Care Act."[W:190]

rocket88

Mod Conspiracy Theorist
Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
1384115_644691052238037_1328904914_n.jpg

I just stole this from a FB friend, but it illustrates how important names are. I bet you'd probably find more Americans who oppose the "Death Tax" than oppose the "inheritance tax" also.

Re: More people oppose "Obamacare" than oppose the "Affordable Care Act."

Prime example of low information voters.

I wonder what that survey would show as to the number of people that SUPPORT either Obamacare or the AFA without knowing what they are in favor of. I wonder what that poll would say about those people.

I wonder what that survey would show as to the number of people that SUPPORT either Obamacare or the AFA without knowing what they are in favor of. I wonder what that poll would say about those people.

Low information voters are everywhere, within every issue.

Low information voters are everywhere, within every issue.
Sort of my nod to the OP....

View attachment 67154319

I just stole this from a FB friend, but it illustrates how important names are. I bet you'd probably find more Americans who oppose the "Death Tax" than oppose the "inheritance tax" also.

This is why the White House, and the Democrats in Congress, have instructed the media to refer to Obamacare as "the Affordable Care Act". It was called Obamacare since it was unilaterally created a few years ago, but now that it's proving to be exactly what the warnings predicted, its the ACA.

All part of the game, just like the funding by Continuing Resolusion issue the Demcrats came up with years ago. It's a good strategy when the media is in the tank for you.

And when you ask why they oppose the ACA, half say it goes too far and half not far enough. :doh

What's in a name? Obama's popularity is in the crapper so Obamacare will sound a lot worse than "the affordable care act", which is given a name to sound all wonderful..... hey, we all want "affordable care", don't we? Too bad Obamacare doesn't do a f***king thing to provide "affordable care". But it sounds good, so that's all that counts.... to idiots.

This is why the White House, and the Democrats in Congress, have instructed the media to refer to Obamacare as "the Affordable Care Act". It was called Obamacare since it was unilaterally created a few years ago, but now that it's proving to be exactly what the warnings predicted, its the ACA.

Of course they do. It's also why Repubs prefer calling it Obamacare. Politics is all about perception.

It is sad that some people, apparently, will reflexively oppose anything with the prefix "Obama-."

What's in a name? Obama's popularity is in the crapper so Obamacare will sound a lot worse than "the affordable care act", which is given a name to sound all wonderful..... hey, we all want "affordable care", don't we? Too bad Obamacare doesn't do a f***king thing to provide "affordable care". But it sounds good, so that's all that counts.... to idiots.

Or call it "Obamacare" and it sounds bad ....to idiots on the other side.

Or call it "Obamacare" and it sounds bad ....to idiots on the other side.

Yeah. I think I touched on that with

Obama's popularity is in the crapper so Obamacare will sound a lot worse than "the affordable care act"

Of course they do. It's also why Repubs prefer calling it Obamacare. Politics is all about perception.

It is sad that some people, apparently, will reflexively oppose anything with the prefix "Obama-."

I'm thinking it's a learned response stemming from numerous examples.

All kidding aside, I think the memo that went out requiring the forces to refer to Obamacare as the ACA is an admission it's a mess, and there is a desire to keep the fallout as far from the President as possible.

And when you ask why they oppose the ACA, half say it goes too far and half not far enough. :doh

that is a fallacy if that was the case the majority wouldn't want it repealed not just disapprove but Repealed

Repeal of Health Care Law: Favor/Oppose
RCP Average 6/28 - 7/23 -- 51.0 43.3 Favor Repeal +7.7
FOX News 7/21 - 7/23 1017 RV 53 40 Favor Repeal +13
Rasmussen Reports 11/4 - 11/4 1000 LV 50 44 Favor Repeal +6
Quinnipiac 7/1 - 7/8 2722 RV 49 43 Favor Repeal +6
CNN/Opinion Research 6/28 - 7/1 1390 RV 52 46 Favor Repeal +6

RealClearPolitics - Election Other - Repeal of Health Care Law: Favor/Oppose

View attachment 67154319

fox news did a similar poll and it was only a five point spread not the 10 point spread your post suggests

60% disapprove of Obama care 55% disapprove the Affordable Care Act

091713_topline_web.pdf | Crocodoc

go to question 34

and lastly all polls show over 50% disapproval so im not sure how old is you glif

Last edited:

Is it reflective of low information sheeplike voters? Republican anti-obamacare propaganda? Lack of PR initiative on the democrats side? A deliberate campaign to keep the populace misinformed? All of the above? Death Panels?

View attachment 67154319

People have many opinions an things they know nothing about. I see that all the time.

fox news did a similar poll and it was only a five point spread not the 10 point spread your post suggests

60% disapprove of Obama care 55% disapprove the Affordable Care Act

091713_topline_web.pdf | Crocodoc

go to question 34

and lastly all polls show over 50% disapproval so im not sure how old is you glif

The point wasn't necessarily how much a spread, but how stupid people can be. This is like the "keep government out of Medicare" idiots.

Is it reflective of low information sheeplike voters? Republican anti-obamacare propaganda? Lack of PR initiative on the democrats side? A deliberate campaign to keep the populace misinformed? All of the above? Death Panels?

I think it is reflective of low info sheeple, and that some of them vote Republican.

View attachment 67154319

"Tax cuts for the rich".
"Middle class tax cuts".
"Reform entitlements vs."cutting"social security and medicare"

Nothing new. While I am pretty sure you support the "Affordable Care Act",or "Obamacare",I agree that words matter. It is also true that we as a country are quite uninformed and proud of it. Unless it involves a tv series or fantasy football of course.

The point wasn't necessarily how much a spread, but how stupid people can be. This is like the "keep government out of Medicare" idiots.

and my point is the public is less stupid as what they OP originally attend us to believe

What it illustrates is the sheer, utter, and complete incompetence of the American People when it comes to being informed or educated on anything of real value. They can tell you what last night's winning lotter numbers were, the score of the NBA or NFL game, and who at work is "getting a little on the side" with the boss; but few of them could name their own Town Selectman or State Representatives, nevermind their Congressmen. They can tell you the plot line of a full season of "Survivor" but couldn't tell you how their elected representatives have voted on anything in the last month, or even whether they were in attendance to vote. The American people have become little more than bleeting sheep.

All part of the game, just like the funding by Continuing Resolusion issue the Demcrats came up with years ago. It's a good strategy when the media is in the tank for you.

O maybe its just that "Affordable Healthcare Act" is the actual name of the law....

Do I mean that its not part of a left-wing conspiracy to refer to laws by their actual name and not the Republican derogatory label? Yes, yes I do.

What it illustrates is the sheer, utter, and complete incompetence of the American People when it comes to being informed or educated on anything of real value. They can tell you what last night's winning lotter numbers were, the score of the NBA or NFL game, and who at work is "getting a little on the side" with the boss; but few of them could name their own Town Selectman or State Representatives, nevermind their Congressmen. They can tell you the plot line of a full season of "Survivor" but couldn't tell you how their elected representatives have voted on anything in the last month, or even whether they were in attendance to vote. The American people have become little more than bleeting sheep.

I can tell you the names of my representatives. Most of them anyway, that State Senator never seems to do much that's memorable. I also know that the Bills beat Baltimore 23-20.

that is a fallacy if that was the case the majority wouldn't want it repealed not just disapprove but Repealed

Repeal of Health Care Law: Favor/Oppose
RCP Average 6/28 - 7/23 -- 51.0 43.3 Favor Repeal +7.7
FOX News 7/21 - 7/23 1017 RV 53 40 Favor Repeal +13
Rasmussen Reports 11/4 - 11/4 1000 LV 50 44 Favor Repeal +6
Quinnipiac 7/1 - 7/8 2722 RV 49 43 Favor Repeal +6
CNN/Opinion Research 6/28 - 7/1 1390 RV 52 46 Favor Repeal +6

RealClearPolitics - Election Other - Repeal of Health Care Law: Favor/Oppose

Do you have a link to the actual questionnaires so we can see the actual questions asked? Pew does that and here is what they say- of the 53% who oppose ACA, 27% want Congress to make it work and 23% want Congress to make it fail.

The Rasmussen poll doesn't say repeal, it says disprove.

and my point is the public is less stupid as what they OP originally attend us to believe

Damning with faint praise - "You're not as stupid as I thought at first!"

Back
Top Bottom