• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

More openness and accountability in politics...

Hypocrisy on full display.

WHAT ABOUT HINTER BIDEN?

Directions:

Copy the statement in your browser. Paste whenever you don't have a defense against anything.

Caution: Do not use around people with an IQ greater than 9.
Keep out of the reach of small children
and moderate usage as it has been known to become habit forming

So when are these louts going to deal with Congress Critters and the stock market?

Probably never so long as Nutty Nancy is House Speaker....

WHAT ABOUT HINTER BIDEN?

Directions:

Copy the statement in your browser. Paste whenever you don't have a defense against anything.

Caution: Do not use around people with an IQ greater than 9.
Keep out of the reach of small children
and moderate usage as it has been known to become habit forming
Ad homing...how cute!

True, he brags. The left goes ape shit when he finds a loophole and manages to duck and weave.
Troll post? Meh!

"finds a loophole and manages to duck and weave."

I thought the right was all about law & order. Here you are promoting the defense of might over right.

Go find a loophole, it's thew stairway to heaven!

"finds a loophole and manages to duck and weave."

I thought the right was all about law & order. Here you are promoting the defense of might over right.

Go find a loophole, it's thew stairway to heaven!
We are about law and order. If you find a loop hole, then you have to change the law, not hate on the person that found the loop hole within the law.

So when are these louts going to deal with Congress Critters and the stock market?

You just can't be happy when legislation comes along that's good for all Americans can you?

We are about law and order. If you find a loop hole, then you have to change the law, not hate on the person that found the loop hole within the law.

That is the most bullshit post I've seen in months

"We are about law and order....."

Does January 6th raise any memories?

If that's your version of law and order then what does insurrection look like?

Law and order my ass. You worship a con man who has bought hsi way out of trouble ALL his life. Don't insult me & the rest of the world with your claptrap about systemic misuse of the courts from evicting pensioners to raping women.

That is the most bullshit post I've seen in months

"We are about law and order....."

Does January 6th raise any memories?

If that's your version of law and order then what does insurrection look like?

Law and order my ass. You worship a con man who has bought hsi way out of trouble ALL his life. Don't insult me & the rest of the world with your claptrap about systemic misuse of the courts from evicting pensioners to raping women.
FYI, I was not at the capital on Jan. 6th. The majority of the right or the majority of Trump supporters were not there either. You want to lable ALL of us for what a handful did. So, YES, we are for law and order. I also do not worship any man.

FYI, I was not at the capital on Jan. 6th. The majority of the right or the majority of Trump supporters were not there either. You want to lable ALL of us for what a handful did. So, YES, we are for law and order. I also do not worship any man.

Really?

You think I care where the **** you were?

Sorry, but you are NOT that important in my life!

Goodbye

Sure i can. But i have yet to see one from this administration.
which means you're closing your eyes and simply can't be happy with legislation that benefits all Americans. like the bill in the OP.

I'm actually pleasantly surprised by this. Now, let's go a step further after this is signed, and work on campaign financing. If the candidates we choose don't have to be stinking rich to compete, we might get some good honest candidates for once who have our interests in mind.
Apropos of which, I had a long talk on this subject with Joe Biden, way back in 2005. He insisted that well over 95% of the people who go into politics - the House and Senate - are very honest people who actually do have our best interests in mind. They may not all agree with each other, but they all really care about the country.

The problem, he told me - and it's a big one - is that literally the day after their inauguration into office, they are dragged to an office across the street, put in front of a phone, given a list of names and numbers, and told they have to start fundraising for the Party to "repay" the fact that their name had either an (R) or a (D) next to it on the ballot. And he wasn't kidding. If your winning ballot has an (R) or (D) next to your name, you owe the Party - either Party - big time.

Joe told me that all the freshman legislators come into office chomping at the bit to serve the public, and to fulfill their campaign promises, but they're not allowed to until they do enough fund raising for the Party. And who are they calling? The donors who have money. The ones who have, in the past, bought $2,000 to $20,000 plates at Party fund raising lunches and dinners. So quite naturally, those become the people a legislator comes to identify as their "constituent" - because those are the people who have their ears. When you are cold-calling for money, you're not talking to students, pensioners, the poor, or even what we know as the "middle class". You're talking only to people with a lot of disposable income. It is those people who are bending your ear, telling you what they want, and what they expect from you. It skews your perspective.
It's time to stop letting special interests pick our candidates.
And since the tsunami of dark money after the Citizen's United decision, we don't even know who is buying our candidates. We can't even tell what country owns our elected representatives. Who are our congresspeople working for? Saudi Arabia? Israel? India? China? ..... Russia!??!

All we seem to know for sure is that they aren't working for us. And this should concern every American on both sides of the aisle. Conservatives, Liberals and Centrists alike should ALL make our number one political priority to get the money out of our politics. Until we do that, we'll never get our country back. It will just continue to belong to moneyed interests.

Last edited:
Like calling the Inflation Reduction Act a anti inflation bill?
Cute "drive-by" post.

Do you support or oppose the Disclose Act, and why?

Democrats want more openness and transparency....except when it comes to Hunter Biden. A House committee just voted down something related to Hunter just recently because of the Dems.
What has Hunter Biden done?

No, I am saying the left who claim they want accountability, tend to cover up accountability!
Do you support the bill or no?
Democrats want more openness and transparency....except when it comes to Hunter Biden. A House committee just voted down something related to Hunter just recently because of the Dems.

Last edited:
So much trolling. It appears to be a topic MAGA doesn't want discussed.

Last edited:
HUNTER BIDEN!!!!1!11!1!

:ROFLMAO:

Apropos of which, I had a long talk on this subject with Joe Biden, way back in 2005. He insisted that well over 95% of the people who go into politics - the House and Senate - are very honest people who actually do have our best interests in mind. They may not all agree with each other, but they all really care about the country.

The problem, he told me - and it's a big one - is that literally the day after their inauguration into office, they are dragged to an office across the street, put in front of a phone, given a list of names and numbers, and told they have to start fundraising for the Party to "repay" the fact that their name had either an (R) or a (D) next to it on the ballot. And he wasn't kidding. If your winning ballot has an (R) or (D) next to your name, you owe the Party - either Party - big time.

Joe told me that all the freshman legislators come into office chomping at the bit to serve the public, and to fulfill their campaign promises, but they're not allowed to until they do enough fund raising for the Party. And who are they calling? The donors who have money. The ones who have, in the past, bought $2,000 to $20,000 plates at Party fund raising lunches and dinners. So quite naturally, those become the people a legislator comes to identify as their "constituent" - because those are the people who have their ears. When you are cold-calling for money, you're not talking to students, pensioners, the poor, or even what we know as the "middle class". You're talking only to people with a lot of disposable income. It is those people who are bending your ear, telling you what they want, and what they expect from you. It skews your perspective.

And since the tsunami of dark money after the Citizen's United decision, we don't even know who is buying our candidates. We can't even tell what country owns our elected representatives. Who are our congresspeople working for? Saudi Arabia? Israel? India? China? ..... Russia!??!

All we seem to know for sure is that they aren't working for us. And this should concern every American on both sides of the aisle. Conservatives, Liberals and Centrists alike should ALL make our number one political priority to get the money out of our politics. Until we do that, we'll never get our country back. It will just continue to belong to moneyed interests.
This was a great post, and I agree.

Sen. Sheldon Whitehouse is the sponsor and lead advocate of the Disclose Act. He has introduced it every Congress since 2010 after Citizens United. Republicans oppose transparency, they want dark money, which Whitehouse has shown they are run by.

It's been reported that members of Congress spend 50% of their time at those phones fundraising. (They have to cross the street to the phone banks because of laws that they can't do it from their offices).

This bill should get enacted. But it needs 60 votes and Republicans are strongly protecting dark money. I've posted videos of Sen. Whitehouse and Sen. Schumer, who first introduced it, talking about it that can be looked up.

Back
Top Bottom