• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

More openness and accountability in politics...

More hypocrisy on display!

Hear, Hear!!

Some members may have never heard of this bill. (I mean, seriously, who actually listens to anything the puppet talks about?) For them, I provide the following:

Sponsor and status​

Photo of sponsor Sheldon Whitehouse

Sheldon Whitehouse

Sponsor. Junior Senator for Rhode Island. Democrat.

Thumbnail of bill text
Read Text »

Last Updated: Sep 13, 2022

Length: 64 pages

Introduced Sep 12, 2022
117th Congress (2021–2023)

Status
Introduced on Sep 12, 2022
This bill is in the first stage of the legislative process. It was introduced into Congress on September 12, 2022. It will typically be considered by committee next before it is possibly sent on to the House or Senate as a whole.
Other activity may have occurred on another bill with identical or similar provisions.

Cosponsors
49 Cosponsors (47 Democrats, 2 Independents)

Prognosis
18% chance of being enacted according to Skopos Labs (details)

Source
Congress.gov

I think we should dissolve all PACs and Super PACs, personally.

Why only foreign interests? Why not domestic interests also? Are we to believe that the only nefarious actors in political campaign finance are foreign interests?

I'm actually pleasantly surprised by this. Now, let's go a step further after this is signed, and work on campaign financing. If the candidates we choose don't have to be stinking rich to compete, we might get some good honest candidates for once who have our interests in mind. It's time to stop letting special interests pick our candidates.

Hear, Hear!!

Democrats want more openness and transparency....except when it comes to Hunter Biden. A House committee just voted down something related to Hunter just recently because of the Dems.

I'm actually pleasantly surprised by this. Now, let's go a step further after this is signed, and work on campaign financing. If the candidates we choose don't have to be stinking rich to compete, we might get some good honest candidates for once who have our interests in mind. It's time to stop letting special interests pick our candidates.
Couldn't agree more. I also think that publicly financed campaigns could move us closer to the model of representation the founders had in mind at the beginning of the country. Reps that would be reps for a while, not as a career.

Hmmm. Truth hurts, huh?
You mean the truth where you could have come into this thread, regarding legislation that would be good for all americans, and did the old Fox News thing about Hunter Biden?

Hell, you could have even said that Hunter Biden should have been prosecuted under the Trump administration. And wasn't.

More hypocrisy on display!

I missed the part where Trump "disclosed" anything.

When it comes to 'openness and accountability' Trump is not the first president that comes to mind.

The stoopid idiot brags and brags about how stinking rich he is, and then goes ape shit when he's caught cheating.

And that was n absolutely pathetic and desperate troll post. It's clear you guys feel you're losing.

I missed the part where Trump "disclosed" anything.

When it comes to 'openness and accountability' Trump is not the first president that comes to mind.

The stoopid idiot brags and brags about how stinking rich he is, and then goes ape shit when he's caught cheating.

And that was n absolutely pathetic and desperate troll post. It's clear you guys feel you're losing.

True, he brags. The left goes ape shit when he finds a loophole and manages to duck and weave.
Troll post? Meh!

Back
Top Bottom