• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

More on the militarisation of the civilian police

Montecresto

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
SOUTH COUNTY, MO (KTVI)– Residents were alarmed after a SWAT team lined a South County neighborhood Tuesday night.
The quiet South County street was crawling with SWAT officers, an unnerving situation which turns out to have been the relatively routing service of a warrant.
An unidentified man pulled up around 8:15 p.m. was frisked by police and then detained for questioning, but what got neighbors here very upset happened a few minutes earlier. It was the presence of a SWAT team, complete with officers wearing armor and carrying assault rifles surrounding the man’s home as police went to the door. One woman frantically told her husband, the army’s here.

Police says using SWAT (in full battle armour) is routine procedure. Well it certainly is becoming so, but most definitely has not been so historically, hence the very upset citizens!

What is surprising is the yawns or outright support for this that will follow.

The last time that I got served it was a nice older gentleman wearing a Constable jacket. He said: "Are you d0gbreath"? I said yes. He handed me the summons and said: "You have been served". Then he walked back to his SUV and left.

Well sure, that was the old school way. A simple google search will land you more material than you may care to read on the militarisation of our police as well as the INCREASING amounts of "drills" where they bring out all the latest military hardware, including military helicopters, that the DHS has been supplying them with. Conducting these drills often times in the middle of the night and almost always unannounced leaving citizens and local government both alarmed and angered. These stories are across the nation and all there to read.

As technology and the democratization of power continues, police have to evolve, too.

By "Yesterday" the NYPOST meant 11/2011. Point?

As technology and the democratization of power continues, police have to evolve, too.

Democratization of power?!?! A sheriffs deputy or two knock on the door and deliver a warrant. It's always worked. But I knew there would be supporters of this INSANE way over the top heavy handedness. Nice.

Democratization of power?!?!

Yeah. Anyone can build a bomb. It's 2013, you can learn about it and get the parts for it completely online. This isn't 1963. Cops can't act like it is, either.

A sheriffs deputy or two knock on the door and deliver a warrant. It's always worked. But I knew there would be supporters of this INSANE way over the top heavy handedness. Nice.

Nice.

Yeah. Anyone can build a bomb. It's 2013, you can learn about it and get the parts for it completely online. This isn't 1963. Cops can't act like it is, either.

Nice.

What part of this story is confusing you? An administrative warrant needed to be delivered. One or two uniformed officers knock on the door and deliver the warrant. What does bombs have to do with this. Dude, are you supporting the militarization of the police and this type intimidation, which is more directed at the neighbors, the ones that are scared, and shocked, thinking that the army is operational on their block. How can anybody support this insanity?? Did you see the other thread in which the Arlington TX. Residents who had municipal code violations (weeds, overgrown shrubbery, etc.) were raided by the SWAT and local police and handcuffed, held at gun point. How in the hell do you support this out of control police action?

How about the thread on the DHS's domestic army with drones modified to detect civilians with guns and cell phone tracking capabilities. I suppose that makes you feel safe and secure and all cozy, too.

Last edited:
What part of this story is confusing you?

No.

Stop.

Do you want to talk about this particular case, or do you want to talk about the militarization of police? You don't get to pick and choose what you want to talk about when you want. If you want to talk about the militarization of police, my posts are about that. If you don't, fine. We won't.

Wtf! THIS story IS about both militarized police (full battle armor, AR-15 rifles and vehicles all of which caused residents to believe the army was on their street) and way over the top, very heavy handedness for a trivial routine issue of serving an administrative warrant. This story is yet another example of the militarization of the police and overkill in policy. And it should be of concern to all constitutionally minded Americans, and is.

Wtf! THIS story IS about both militarized police (full battle armor, AR-15 rifles and vehicles all of which caused residents to believe the army was on their street) and way over the top, very heavy handedness for a trivial routine issue of serving an administrative warrant. This story is yet another example of the militarization of the police and overkill in policy. And it should be of concern to all constitutionally minded Americans, and is.

And I'm not talking about this particular case, I'm speaking in general. Do you understand now?

Nice.

The number of no-knock raids has increased from 3,000 in 1981 to more than 50,000 in 2005

No-knock warrant - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I read somewhere that it is now 80,000 raids a year. Do you know how many innocent people are killed by these no-knock raids? If you start to research you will probably be shocked.

SOUTH COUNTY, MO (KTVI)– Residents were alarmed after a SWAT team lined a South County neighborhood Tuesday night.
The quiet South County street was crawling with SWAT officers, an unnerving situation which turns out to have been the relatively routing service of a warrant.
An unidentified man pulled up around 8:15 p.m. was frisked by police and then detained for questioning, but what got neighbors here very upset happened a few minutes earlier. It was the presence of a SWAT team, complete with officers wearing armor and carrying assault rifles surrounding the man’s home as police went to the door. One woman frantically told her husband, the army’s here.

Police says using SWAT (in full battle armour) is routine procedure. Well it certainly is becoming so, but most definitely has not been so historically, hence the very upset citizens!

What is surprising is the yawns or outright support for this that will follow.

Today I came across a pair of State Transport Police inspecting a tractor-trailer. They were both wearing black clothing, black body armor, black webgear covered in mag pouches and such, and looked like a freaking SWAT team... and they were just inspecting a truck.

Got to say I shook my head.

I don't know. Why are you asking me?

You seem to be defending the raids... saying it isn't 1967 or whatever and that cops can't act like it is either. I guess that is why.

You seem to be defending the raids... saying it isn't 1967 or whatever and that cops can't act like it is either. I guess that is why.

I'm saying that police need to have more options available to them then they did then, because people have more options available to them. Do you disagree?

OldWorld. When the police are up against a guy hold up in a house with hostages and he's armed with you don't know what, that's one thing. We are talking about serving warrants, eviction notices, code violation citations. Still don't know why your having difficulty with this.

OldWorld. When the police are up against a guy hold up in a house with hostages and he's armed with you don't know what, that's one thing. We are talking about serving warrants, eviction notices, code violation citations. Still don't know why your having difficulty with this.

Who is having any difficulty? I told you my thoughts on the topic of the militarization of the police force. You don't get to tell me what you're talking about when the topic is "More on the militarisation of the civilian police". That's literally the topic, so that's what I'm talking about.

I still don't know why YOU'RE having difficulty with this.

I'm talking about the militarization of the police, it's why I posted the thread. The police are conducting law enforcement like the military and you think the times warrant it. Even for minor, routine business. You injected bombs when bombs have no part of the op.

I'm talking about the militarization of the police, it's why I posted the thread.

So am I. Can you point to any of my posts that didn't have to do with them? Can you point to any that talked about the points you're making, whilst believing they have any relation to what I'm saying?

The police are conducting law enforcement like the military and you think the times warrant it. Even for minor, routine business. You injected bombs when bombs have no part of the op.

No, Monte, hush for a second and deal with what's actually being written and not what's in your head.

Ok Old, sure thing.

Back
Top Bottom