• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

More housekeeping underway..... "White soldier charged with assault for shoving, berating Black man in viral video"

In this incident, there is no evidence that this confrontation was about race at all. There are reports that this was about others telling the Sgt that this guy was harassing other people in the neighborhood, not having anything to do with his race. That is the issue I have with the protests and the reports about this case, even the OP. The vast majority against this Sgt's actions take this situation way too far and try to wrongly jump to the conclusion it is about race.

No, he should not have pushed him or physically confronted the guy in any way. And someone should have called the cops beforehand but then again, what could the cops do with a person just walking around a neighborhood, even if they are trying to start trouble or harassing people but they aren't there to witness it? And would it have been different if the officers had told the guy to leave the neighborhood for what he was reportedly doing? At what point do we actually start taking into account all the information about a situation, all the facts, not just what is put out in social media.

Some details have now come out. The black guy is mentally ill and has been trespassing and harming animals in the past. He has now been committed.

Before the encounter, he had allegedly sexually assaulted a girl. pulling on her shirt trying to go down pants. She walked away and rang the white guy's doorbell to ask for help. I guess that is where the video of the encounter starts

I wouldn't rely on the ultra-conservative and sensationalist tabloid rag, the Daily Mail, for accuracy or honesty in reporting. There's an entire forum dedicated to exposing its lies and fabrications. It's so bad Wikipedia banned it as an unreliable source. "Dailymail.com can reveal". Yeah, right.

Last edited:
I wouldn't rely on the ultra-conservative and sensationalist tabloid rag, the Daily Mail, for accuracy or honesty in reporting. There's an entire forum dedicated to exposing its lies and fabrications. It's so bad Wikipedia banned it as an unreliable source. "Dailymail.com can reveal". Yeah, right.

I do believe this story. When first seeing the video, i thought something was off with the black guy. So its not at all surprising. I understand your position, Though.

but.. Using Wikipedia as evidence of anything is even worse. You could have found legitimate sources questioning dailymails quality. But wikipedia... Yuck.

I do believe this story. When first seeing the video, i thought something was off with the black guy. So its not at all surprising. I understand your position, Though.

but.. Using Wikipedia as evidence of anything is even worse. You could have found legitimate sources questioning dailymails quality. But wikipedia... Yuck.
How many sources would you like? There are page after page online documenting the Daily Mail's lack of journalistic integrity. In that respect it's the UK equivalent of the New York Post. Here's a small selection...
In short the Mail is only just about fit for wiping one's arse with.

LOL... Don’t give up your day job for a legal career... A private HOA has NO relevance. Those are public streets and sidewalks. The guy is toast.. The Army has suspended him from DI duties and his career is over.

The kids LIVES in the neighborhood. This would be a fine example of a situation where trying to be badass can have long term implications.

There is no defense that is going to make this go away.

He does? Where? Do you have a verified address for the young man?

How many sources would you like? There are page after page online documenting the Daily Mail's lack of journalistic integrity. In that respect it's the UK equivalent of the New York Post. Here's a small selection...
In short the Mail is only just about fit for wiping one's arse with.

Those sources aren't good either. Listverse? Lol.

Try again. You'll find a good bias checker eveventually

He does? Where? Do you have a verified address for the young man?

He has a family member that is a 10 minute walk from there. According to reports.

Those sources aren't good either. Listverse? Lol.

Try again. You'll find a good bias checker eveventually
Yes, my sources don't conform to your preconceptions. That's why they "aren't any good". The Mail has a bad reputation and well-deserved.

What's amusing, is his WIFE is the one who took this video and posted it online... Imagine how delusional you have to be to proudly post the evidence of your husbands assault of another person...

A white active-duty soldier who was seen in a viral video berating and shoving a Black man in a South Carolina neighborhood has been charged with third-degree assault and battery, according to the Richland County Sheriff's Department.

"The first time I saw the video, it was terrible," Richland County Sheriff Leon Lott said at a press conference Wednesday evening. "It was unnecessary. It was a bad video -- young man was the victim, the individual that was arrested was the aggressor, and he's been dealt with accordingly."

Jonathan Pentland, who is a U.S. Army soldier assigned to Fort Jackson, was arrested at 8:30 a.m. on Wednesday and was booked at the Alvin S. Glenn Detention Center. If found guilty, Pentland faces a $500 fine and 30 days in jail.

Gosh, thats the most awful thing I've ever heard.

I wonder if any black person has ever "shoved" or "berated" a White person?

Prolly not. :rolleyes:
I want to see skin colors reported in ALL crimes please!! If we're going to do some, lets do THEM ALL!!

And...in other news...

I wonder if anyone got arrested for assaulting those white guys?

The funny thing is that with every new day you find yourself in complete confusion about what you believe in, while the rest of us laugh. This is the price you pay for setting any sense of standard and morality aside so that you can be a true Trump disciple:

- Here, you choose to set your venomous and irrational hatred for the media aside so that you can shed crocodile tears for the CNN white man.

Ultimately, "DOWN WITH BLACK" shines through brilliantly. The one thing that Trump actually did well for the country was to expose what so much of his Trump Nation really is.

Gosh, thats the most awful thing I've ever heard.

I wonder if any black person has ever "shoved" or "berated" a White person?

Prolly not. :rolleyes:
I want to see skin colors reported in ALL crimes please!! If we're going to do some, lets do THEM ALL!!

Crime is reported in all colors. It's why you know about street gangs, shit cops, and mass shooters. It's why you know about BLM riots and Trump Nation attacks on America.

Your default to immediately defend White America is boring. But I'm sure your alt-right brethren appreciates your lame efforts.

Crime is reported in all colors. It's why you know about street gangs, shit cops, and mass shooters.

Your default to immediately defend White America is boring.

Your attempt to default to your double standard is even more boring.

Its only fair that we see the skin colors reported in ALL crimes, if they are going to be reported when a European White Male is accused of a crime.
Fair is fair. Right?

As a European White Male, I'll not have my ethnicity vilified and dragged through the mud.

Yes, my sources don't conform to your preconceptions. That's why they "aren't any good". The Mail has a bad reputation and well-deserved.

Thats not it. It's because you are using listverse and Wikipedia as sources. Find a Good source and see what happens. There are more than a few media bias checker sites. Listverse is not one of them.

LOL... Don’t give up your day job for a legal career... A private HOA has NO relevance. Those are public streets and sidewalks. The guy is toast.. The Army has suspended him from DI duties and his career is over.

The kids LIVES in the neighborhood. This would be a fine example of a situation where trying to be badass can have long term implications.

There is no defense that is going to make this go away.
No, no, and NO! If the neighborhood is in fact a private gated HOA community, then those are NOT public streets and sidewalks. They are PRIVATE streets and sidewalks OWNED and maintained by the homeowners who are part of that PRIVATE association. What that means is that people who do not live there, unless they are invited there by a homeowner, would be trespassing. Nobody has a right to enter into a private HOA community without a reason. I live in a private gated HOA community and other than UPS deliveries, hired contractors, or INVITED guests, NOBODY is allowed access and yes, they will be challenged by both security and/or homeowners who may inquire about their presence. We don't have door to door solicitors, we don't have people coming around passing out political or religious literature, we don't have kids or dog walkers from outside our gates just coming in. That is why we live in these communities, we want our privacy, security, and peace.

But people like you have some entitled notion that what WE OWN you are somehow entitled to. It doesn't work that way. Not any more than anyone can assume that shopping mall is "public"; anyone can be told to leave who has no business there. Public streets and parks are different, and some people need to understand that.

Did the kid live in the "neighborhood"-- as in nearby, or actually INSIDE the private gated community? And that was the question being asked to him by the homeowner(s) in the video. There had been a problem with the guy on a previous day, and now the homeowners were asking some questions about him. Nothing wrong with that. If someone was in your backyard who you had not invited, it wouldn't be improper to ask, "who are you, and why are you here?" And the same goes for private gated HOA communities. Nobody other than homeowners or invited quests are allowed. If someone wanders into my community, looks like they are possibly there without any business, I can PERSONALLY challenge them by asking questions. If they are an invited quest, and they breaking our rules or causing a problem then you ask who invited them in. Because each homeowner in a HOA is PERSONALLY liable for any problems or damage an invited guest may cause, and that is how they work.

I'll just say it. We live in private gated HOA communities because we DON'T want the public to have free access to our streets and other amenities which we pay for, and not by taxes. We pay membership fees, not much different than a county club does. So be advised.

Its only fair that we see the skin colors reported in ALL crimes, if they are going to be reported when a European White Male is accused of a crime.
Fair is fair. Right?

As a European White Male, I'll not have my ethnicity vilified and dragged through the mud.

You are more of a do-it-yourselfer, huh?

Fair is fair. Right?

Double standard? I fail to see where I or anybody else endorse violence on white people. But funny how easily you become the victim.

This "double standard" schtick is how you people sustain your fantasies. It is also the typical deflection that conservatives rely on in order to escape how they themselves behave. Perhaps if you were capable of setting your right-wing propaganda and allegiance to alt-right agendas aside for a moment you could briefly pretend that your country ****ing matters. Whine less about your delusions and take the hood off.

What's amusing, is his WIFE is the one who took this video and posted it online... Imagine how delusional you have to be to proudly post the evidence of your husbands assault of another person...

A white active-duty soldier who was seen in a viral video berating and shoving a Black man in a South Carolina neighborhood has been charged with third-degree assault and battery, according to the Richland County Sheriff's Department.

"The first time I saw the video, it was terrible," Richland County Sheriff Leon Lott said at a press conference Wednesday evening. "It was unnecessary. It was a bad video -- young man was the victim, the individual that was arrested was the aggressor, and he's been dealt with accordingly."

Jonathan Pentland, who is a U.S. Army soldier assigned to Fort Jackson, was arrested at 8:30 a.m. on Wednesday and was booked at the Alvin S. Glenn Detention Center. If found guilty, Pentland faces a $500 fine and 30 days in jail.

The consequences from the Army will be much greater than what he gets hit on the civilian side. That said, the police charged him with 3rd degree battery, which is overcharging. 3rd degree battery is:
Battery in the third degree is carrying sentence of up to one-year incarceration.

• With the purpose of causing physical injury to another person, the person causes physical injury to any person;
  • The accused recklessly causes physical injury to another person;
  • The person negligently causes physical injury to another person using a deadly weapon;
  • Purposely causes stupor, unconsciousness, or physical or mental impairment or injury to another person by administering to another person, without the person’s consent, any drug or other substance.

Double standard? I fail to see where I or anybody else endorse violence on white people. But funny how easily you become the victim.

Perhaps if you were capable of setting your right-wing propaganda aside for moment you could briefly pretend that your country ****ing matters.

-chuckle-
I voted for President Biden, I dont watch FOX "news" Friend.
I am a True Liberal™ like JFK who would be considered an awful Nazi by todays standards.

I'm just a lil tired of hearing about how awful White people are.

As a European White Male, we are in all likelihood the most prosperous, most successful, the most ambitious and accomplished demographic and ethnicity IN THE HISTORY OF THE WORLD!!

All I want is a little fairness, if we are going to print the skin colors of Whites who are accused of a crime, then we should print ALL skin colors of ALL persons accused of a crime. Seem reasonable?
Any other way would be "anti racist" (ie: racist against Whites).
Ya get me?

Sgt. Pentland needs to understand that the Drill Sergeant persona needs to be left on base.......

That guy should speak for himself, I never did *any* of those things. Sounds like he has some issues to work through.

I do, however, believe strongly that White Lives Matter. Especially European White Male Lives, which is my demographic. A very successful ethnicity I will add.

I'm seeing a lot of "anti racism" (racism against Whites) these days and I dont care for it.

173999537_10218121689569214_3004358472319717966_n.jpg

Back
Top Bottom