• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

More housekeeping underway..... "White soldier charged with assault for shoving, berating Black man in viral video"

Whataboutism gives a clue to its meaning in its name. It is not merely the changing of a subject to deflect away from an earlier subject as a political strategy; it’s essentially a reversal of accusation, arguing that an opponent is guilty of an offense just as egregious or worse than what the original party was accused of doing, however unconnected the offenses may be.

The tactic behind whataboutism has been around for a long time. Rhetoricians generally consider it to be a form of tu quoque, which means "you too" in Latin and involves charging your accuser with whatever it is you've just been accused of rather than refuting the truth of the accusation made against you. Tu quoque is considered to be a logical fallacy, because whether or not the original accuser is likewise guilty of an offense has no bearing on the truth value of the original accusation.

“You too” has relevance in determining whether the accuser possesses any moral high ground. Certainly it can be misused, but so can any rhetorical device.

“Why beholdest thou the mote in thy brother’s eye, but considereth not the beam in thine own eye?”

Crime is reported in all colors. It's why you know about street gangs, shit cops, and mass shooters. It's why you know about BLM riots and Trump Nation attacks on America.

Your default to immediately defend White America is boring. But I'm sure your alt-right brethren appreciates your lame efforts.

But can you name an incident from the last year in which a single black man assaulted a single white man?

There was a little reportage about the black guy who beat the Asian woman the other week, but it’s already died out. Did anyone ask if the assailant’s ties to the Church of Islam implied racist rhetoric on theChurch’s part?

I do believe this story. When first seeing the video, i thought something was off with the black guy. So its not at all surprising. I understand your position, Though.

but.. Using Wikipedia as evidence of anything is even worse. You could have found legitimate sources questioning dailymails quality. But wikipedia... Yuck.
That's the same thing Zimmerman said about Treyvon Martin.

Yet easily verified and backed up:

Victims were majority white (52%) but disproportionately black (32%) with a fatality rate 2.8 times higher among blacks than whites. Most victims were reported to be armed (83%); however, black victims were more likely to be unarmed (14.8%) than white (9.4%) or Hispanic (5.8%) victims.

One only has to be more than a right-wing hack, bent on serving alt-right agendas. You consider it a lie, because you wish it to be. From this, you attack my integrity, somebody who has proven to having nothing but. The reality of this unprofessionalism across the nation being true means that you have been supporting this bad cop behavior out of a perverted idea of politics, while choosing to ignore the very true message of your fellow American citizen. Never too late to wake up and recognize what America is supposed to be. There's a Declaration and a statue in New York Harbor that can help you get started.
a

Assuming that the stats are correct, racism is not the only feasible explanation for the disproportionate representation.

That's the same thing Zimmerman said about Treyvon Martin.

And? The black kid seemed to be having mental or emotional deficiencies... Turns out he did.

And? The black kid seemed to be having mental or emotional deficiencies... Turns out he did.
No he wasn't and no he didn't. But I understand why you would believe that.

No he wasn't and no he didn't. But I understand why you would believe that.

Is the reporting wrong then, that says the kid did have mental issues?

Is the reporting wrong then, that says the kid did have mental issues?

I am not aware of anything to indicate the reporting that he was hurting animals and has now been committed is inaccurate.

reflecthissez probably won't have anything indicating such either. He just doesn't want to believe it.

a

Assuming that the stats are correct, racism is not the only feasible explanation for the disproportionate representation.

Um...color of their shoes?

Sadly, other considerations don't seem to matter to these unprofessional cops. Most cops, who pull over a black man in an Army uniform, would consider that he is not of the criminal element. But plenty obviously look past and see only black.

But can you name an incident from the last year in which a single black man assaulted a single white man?

A simple google search shows plenty. From this, you immediately bring up a black guy beating an Asian.

But the issue is about cops.

There was a little reportage about the black guy who beat the Asian woman the other week, but it’s already died out. Did anyone ask if the assailant’s ties to the Church of Islam implied racist rhetoric on theChurch’s part?

Yet, reported for you to know about. Trying to apply a stopwatch to the media reports is just desperation.

The notion that blacks are free to commit crime whereas whites are demonized in the media is pure alt-right propaganda. It's a tactic to excuse the crap that is going on, while muzzling blacks for daring to speak up.

No, I wouldn’t... but their numbers are wrong...

Of course they are. :rolleyes:

I believe...would it surprise you that last year there were a total of 18 black unarmed men shot, or killed? 18.

Entirely better than 19! A knife in the glove compartment removes them from the list, huh? Here's some more:

The rate of fatal police shootings of unarmed Black people in the US is more than 3 times as high as it is among White people, finds research published online in the Journal of Epidemiology & Community Health.

And here are the numbers from 2017 ~ 2021 involving just some all around trigger happy fun:

Sadly, the trend of fatal police shootings in the United States seems to only be increasing, with a total 213 civilians having been shot, 30 of whom were Black, in the first three months of 2021. In 2020, there were 1,021 fatal police shootings, and in 2019 there were 999 fatal shootings. Additionally, the rate of fatal police shootings among Black Americans was much higher than that for any other ethnicity, standing at 35 fatal shootings per million of the population as of March 2021.

You people?

Yes, you people, as in preferring what is really just alt-right propaganda that tells you, despite the very clear and obvious statistics, that black people have nothing to complain about and that white people are the true victims of minorities, the media, "the left," the so-called deep state, fellow Republicans, and now apparently even the entirely of the government.

All you have to do is pick which you believe in and you will find yourself among a very distinct "you people." I mean, this denial of simple statistics has you simply believing that they are wrong. Simple as that. Back to that whole "alternate fact" crap, right?

You are a solider. How did you feel about the fat white cop who pulled the black Officer over, in uniform, and telling him that he should be afraid? Reducing this unprofessional conduct to just "18 unarmed black people killed last year" is an alt-right tactic.

Yes, you people, as in preferring what is really just alt-right propaganda that tells you, despite the very clear and obvious statistics, that black people have nothing to complain about and that white people are the true victims of minorities, the media, "the left," the so-called deep state, fellow Republicans, and now apparently even the entirely of the government.

All you have to do is pick which you believe in and you will find yourself among a very distinct "you people." I mean, this denial of simple statistics has you simply believing that they are wrong. Simple as that. Back to that whole "alternate fact" crap, right?

You are a solider. How did you feel about the fat white cop who pulled the black Officer over, in uniform, and telling him that he should be afraid? Reducing this unprofessional conduct to just "18 unarmed black people killed last year" is an alt-right tactic.

The bolded is not what happened....but don't let FACTS get in your way.

The bolded is not what happened....but don't let FACTS get in your way.
Um, the bolded is nothing but fact.

- He was pulled over. No?
- He was in an Army uniform. No?
- He was an Officer. No?
- He was told that he should be afraid. No?
- The cop was fat. No?
- The cop was white. No?

And it was also clear enough for the police department to release him without charge. Or did you miss that fact? The odd ting is that you people have this idea that black people have nothing to be worried about when it comes to cops. BLM really kicked into full swing over a black man who was murdered while in handcuffs! Here, this bad and highly unprofessional joke is from way back in 2016 when a cop was telling a white woman that she needn't be afraid of him:

We only kill black people,' cop tells frightened woman on dashcam video

Here's a black cop telling it like it is:

To be honest, I think that inherent fear comes from our history. For whatever reason, we as black men are looked at as the ones who are going to harm your daughters, the ones who are most likely to rob and steal and kill. Historically, dating back all the way to slavery, the picture that’s been painted of black males — you’re not educated enough, you’re just a breaker, a mule — continues to permeate our psyche and culture.

Last edited:
Um, the bolded is nothing but fact.

- He was pulled over. No?
- He was in an Army uniform. No?
- He was an Officer. No?
- He was told that he should be afraid. No?
- The cop was fat. No?
- The cop was white. No?

And it was also clear enough for the police department to release him without charge. Or did you miss that fact?

The odd ting is that you people have this idea that black people have nothing to be worried about when it comes to cops. Here, this is from way back in 2016:

We only kill black people,' cop tells frightened woman on dashcam video

Pulled over by the young blonde cop...not the old fat Latino come who came long after....

Um...color of their shoes?

Sadly, other considerations don't seem to matter to these unprofessional cops. Most cops, who pull over a black man in an Army uniform, would consider that he is not of the criminal element. But plenty obviously look past and see only black.

The other considerations rest with black perpetrators who bring about their deaths by fighting with cops, whether because they’re thugs like Michael Brown or addicts like George Floyd. Why don’t we hear about comparable incidents with Hispanics? If all the cops involved in these incidents are inveterate racists, why don’t they have just as many dust ups with ornery brown people?

A simple google search shows plenty. From this, you immediately bring up a black guy beating an Asian.

But the issue is about cops.

Yet, reported for you to know about. Trying to apply a stopwatch to the media reports is just desperation.

The notion that blacks are free to commit crime whereas whites are demonized in the media is pure alt-right propaganda. It's a tactic to excuse the crap that is going on, while muzzling blacks for daring to speak up.

No, the OP addresses the interaction of a white citizen and a black citizen, so the thread is not solely about cops.

Though it’s not yet okay for any ethnicity to commit crimes, some local policies, like preventing cops from chasing perps on foot, have come about because the media has indeed demonized all white people involved in altercations with non whites. Just the other day I heard some guest of a news show claim that Michael Brown had been murdered. Did the newshounds challenge this outright lie? Take a guess.

I am not aware of anything to indicate the reporting that he was hurting animals and has now been committed is inaccurate.

reflecthissez probably won't have anything indicating such either. He just doesn't want to believe it.
What in the wide world of sports are you even talking about? Are you in the right thread?

What in the wide world of sports are you even talking about? Are you in the right thread?

Yes, there was reporting that the black kid has mental issues, was hurting animals and his family has now committed him to a facility.

A law enforcement source allegedly indicated that he was determined to be not competent for trial of prior incidents.

Yes, there was reporting that the black kid has mental issues, was hurting animals and his family has now committed him to a facility.

A law enforcement source allegedly indicated that he was determined to be not competent for trial of prior incidents.
Treyvon Martin is dead. Are you just hearing about this?

Treyvon Martin is dead. Are you just hearing about this?

This thread is about Deandre and Pentland. So, my comment was about Deandre.

And, I thought something was off about him when I first saw the video. Appears that I was correct.

This thread is about Deandre and Pentland. So, my comment was about Deandre.

And, I thought something was off about him when I first saw the video. Appears that I was correct.
Go back and look at what I posted. Talk about not being able to follow the conversation. Phew!

Go back and look at what I posted. Talk about not being able to follow the conversation. Phew!

I never said a thing about trayvon. You tried to bring him in for some odd reason, probably because you thought you had some racist gotcha. I ignored the irrelevant and reiterated that DeAndre was off.

Back
Top Bottom