• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

More Green New Deal: Let’s replace air travel with high-speed rail

A capitalist's response to this Green Deal nonsense.

Do they know high-speed rail uses energy too? How much cost and pollution creation would be required to build rail lines that would come close to duplicating our current airways. Also I'm not taking a train - no matter HOW FAST - to Hawaii.

My two favorites are:

Rebuild every building in The United States and mandate that every job be unionized.

:lamo

The Ocasio Obsession continues. People who say one should not take Trump’s lies or imaginations seriously take every expressive idea of hers literally and not as a start of a discussion. “Don’t you understand!!! She wants to ban all air travel!!! Why else would she promote rail!!!”

It’s really funny to watch how she drives the right crazy. And you think we on the left have Trump Derangement Syndrome.

My two favorites are:

Rebuild every building in The United States and mandate that every job be unionized.

:lamo
We've been trying to get an HSR built here in California for years. Been a total fiasco, costs keep growing little construction is being done. Latest objective is a line from Bakersfield to Merced. If the populations of both those cities road the train to the other city every day the fares still wouldn't pay enough to extend the rails to place people actually want to go; like San Francisco, Sacramento, Los Angeles, and San Diego. But HSR is Moonbeam's legacy so all the loyal Dems in state government are still pushing for it.

The Ocasio Obsession continues. People who say one should not take Trump’s lies or imaginations seriously take every expressive idea of hers literally and not as a start of a discussion. “Don’t you understand!!! She wants to ban all air travel!!! Why else would she promote rail!!!”

It’s really funny to watch how she drives the right crazy. And you think we on the left have Trump Derangement Syndrome.

No, she said that air travel will be banned.

High speed rail across oceans?

No one can explain that level of crazy.

If the only way you can argue against something is to make **** up, you fail. You sir, fail.

God bless dear ol' Nan. :lol:

Nancy is still pissed these guys were the ones that protested in her office. They tried to make her lose the House Speaker role. She wont forget.

She's living in all their heads, rent free!

As much as I agree the plan is far-fetched and ludicrous, it does not say that, it is a lie. No where in their quotes or the resolution itself does it say that.

They want 0% use of fossil fuels. Show me an electric 757.

They want 0% use of fossil fuels. Show me an electric 757.

DId you just choose to ignore "as is technologically feasible"? Also they are working developing electric planes but we are still quite a ways off.

I love how much fear one house representative, only 1/435 can strike into Republicans and the right. Reminds me of this.

She drives people on the right crazy in the exact same way Michelle Bachmann drove people on the left crazy. This is essentially what she is... the left's version of Michelle Bachmann. Whip up the base with rhetoric, propose crazy ideas that appeal to the base but have ZERO chance of ever coming to fruition, and then blame the other side when none of it ever happens.

I love how much fear one house representative, only 1/435 can strike into Republicans and the right. Reminds me of this.

Do you honestly believe that we're frightened of her? Really? Trust me, the only people frightened of AOC are all democrats, not a single republican fears her in any way shape or form. get real, brah.. She's a joy to have in the news cycle each day, week, month, heck I'll take her nonsense 24/7 if I could.. ;)

Tim-

She drives people on the right crazy in the exact same way Michelle Bachmann drove people on the left crazy. This is essentially what she is... the left's version of Michelle Bachmann. Whip up the base with rhetoric, propose crazy ideas that appeal to the base but have ZERO chance of ever coming to fruition, and then blame the other side when none of it ever happens.

Do you think for a second that the democratic "base" supports this crap? Maybe the nutz like Antifa, or Bernie busters, but your base is hardly this dumb, trust me I wish they were this dumb..

Tim-

Back
Top Bottom