• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

More Global warming reality checks

ricksfolly

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
There's a crude zig zag pattern chart from 1910 to the present in the latest Time Magazine that tries to prove global warming exists. No actual highs or lows, just an artistic interpretation that proves nothing.

Showing it in glaring red is supposed to add credibility to the threat, and maybe it does to ardent believers. I should think truth wouldn't have to use advertising gimmicks to make it seem real, but if that's all scientists have, they have no choice.

Future weather predictions are hit and miss at most, and the local weather man proved more miss than hit last week. He predicted fifty percent chance of storms every day for six straight days, and not once did it come to pass.

So predictions of a 100 percent future global warming threat is iffy at best.

A 30 percent chance would be more realistic, and they may get more takers.

Coincidentally, thirty percent is also the time-tested chance odds-on favorites win in all betting sports.

ricksfolly

The issue was predicting the future, not scientific mumbo jumbo that can't be proven or demonstrated. If you believe Deuce can, or anyone can predict the future, welcome to the unreal world.

ricksfolly

That's why I always bolt my cups to the table. You never know when they'll spontaneously fly up into the ceiling. After all, nobody can predict the future.

Last edited:
That's why I always bolt my cups to the table. You never know when they'll spontaneously fly up into the ceiling. After all, nobody can predict the future.

personally, i'm worried about my underwear spontaneously combusting, so i keep a fire extinguisher in my back pocket.

he issue was predicting the future, not scientific mumbo jumbo that can't be proven or demonstrated. If you believe Deuce can, or anyone can predict the future, welcome to the unreal world.

ricksfolly

That's why I always bolt my cups to the table. You never know when they'll spontaneously fly up into the ceiling. After all, nobody can predict the future. >>

An excellent example of being in the unreal world. Tell me, do you believe in guardian angels ESP, and UFOs too.

ricksfolly

Back
Top Bottom