• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

More evidence that Christians Really are the American Taliban

calamity

Privileged
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Centrist
Well, if ever there was any doubt that fundie Christians and Muslim fanatics are of the same vein, especially when it comes to subjugating women, the practice of Christian Domestic Discipline puts it to rest forever.
A Domestic Discipline (DD) marriage is one in which one partner is given authority over the other, and has the means to back up that authority, usually by spanking. The application and practise of DD in each marriage is as unique as the individuals who make up that marriage. There is no "One Ring of Power" in the Domestic Discipline world, to which all DD couples must bow; no singular path to "true DD enlightenment". What works well for one DD couple may not be a good fit for another marriage. Therefore, you may see many different suggestions espoused on this site and elsewhere.

A Christian Domestic Discipline (CDD) marriage is simply a traditional, male-led, Christian marriage which utilises aspects of Domestic Discipline. It is set up according to Biblical standards.

Therefore, in a CDD marriage:

The husband is the head of the household, whilst the wife is submissive to her husband as if the Lord Himself was her husband. See Eph. 5:22-24.
The husband is to love his wife as himself, and as Christ loved the church. He is to be a servant, and leads by example. He is to lay down his life for her. See Eph. 5:25-29.
The wife is to reverence her husband. She is to obey him, so long as his instructions are not in opposition to God's commands. See Titus 2:5, Acts 5:29.
He has the ultimate authority in his household, but this authority is tempered with the knowledge that he will answer to God for his actions and decisions. The final decision rests with him, and therefore, the final responsibility, whatever the outcome, is his to bear. A wise husband will not make a major decision without prayerfully asking God for wisdom, and without seeking his wife's counsel. Prov. 20:5

Home

God apparently has no connection to women, but he sure does seem to speak directly to the men. WHo on earth can believe this nonsense? And, what self respecting female would sign up for a religion which professes what is quoted above? It must take a super-low level of self-esteem to buy into this garbage.

Well, if ever there was any doubt that fundie Christians and Muslim fanatics are of the same vein, especially when it comes to subjugating women, the practice of Christian Domestic Discipline puts it to rest forever.

God apparently has no connection to women, but he sure does seem to speak directly to the men. WHo on earth can believe this nonsense? And, what self respecting female would sign up for a religion which professes what is quoted above? It must take a super-low level of self-esteem to buy into this garbage.

People have a right to live as they want, who are you to judge?

I'm not religious and I don't know anything about this DD marriage thing, but when these people start shooting women in stadiums...that's when I'll agree that these guys can be compared to the Taliban.

And yet it was a young woman who gave birth to Jesus. ;)

It sounds like agreeing to be another persons slave.

I'm not a religious person but I do respect the 1st Amendment.

Almost all of the Christians and other religious people that I know have a lot of respect for other's rights.

However when I read outlandish malarkey like this I wonder if maybe, just maybe we might need to do an intervention here and there.

This is way over the line of what should be permitted in the USA according to my way of thinking.

Me, I don't want to rule over anyone and I will never permit anyone to rule over me.

"Man has created God in his own image: intolerant, sexist, homophobic and violent." ~ Marie

If that quote offends you I'm sorry, but I see it as a sad fact.

"Tolerance is giving to every other human being every right that you claim for yourself." ~ Robert Green Ingersoll

Last edited:
It sounds like agreeing to be another persons slave.

I'm not a religious person but I do respect the 1st Amendment.

Almost all of the Christians and other religious people that I know have a lot of respect for other's rights.

However when I read outlandish malarkey like this I wonder if maybe, just maybe we might need to do an intervention here and there.

This is way over the line.

"Man has created God in his own image: intolerant, sexist, homophobic and violent." ~ Marie

"Tolerance is giving to every other human being every right that you claim for yourself." ~ Robert Green Ingersoll

IO'm for 1st amendment right to believe anything you want. But, I draw the line at abuse. This is obvious abuse.

BTW: I see many instances, like with the FLDS and other religious extremists, where the line is crossed, but the State fears to reign these people in because of the protections brought about by "religious freedom". Be it regulating homeschooling, where the cult teaches children fiction disguised as history and science, or something more direct, like beating children and women into submission.

IO'm for 1st amendment right to believe anything you want. But, I draw the line at abuse. This is obvious abuse.

BTW: I see many instances, like with the FLDS and other religious extremists, where the line is crossed, but the State fears to reign these people in because of the protections brought about by "religious freedom". Be it regulating homeschooling, where the cult teaches children fiction disguised as history and science, or something more direct, like beating children and women into submission.

That won't happen if I'm around, because I'll start beating on the beater.

We can't stand by and let stuff like that happen to other human beings.

I'm not religious and I don't know anything about this DD marriage thing, but when these people start shooting women in stadiums...that's when I'll agree that these guys can be compared to the Taliban.

The woman shot in the stadium was convicted of Murder. I have no doubt that there are many here in the US, especially those on the Religious Right, who would love to allow live broadcast of the execution of convicted murderers.

The woman shot in the stadium was convicted of Murder. I have no doubt that there are many here in the US, especially those on the Religious Right, who would love to allow live broadcast of the execution of convicted murderers.

I will agree that there are a lot of sick-minded people on this planet.

Including a large number of them in the USA.

I won't say who they are, but you might be able to guess who I'm talking about.

I don't believe that America's voters will ever give them power over the USA.

"Tolerance is giving to every other human being every right that you claim for yourself." Robert Green Ingersoll

People have a right to live as they want, who are you to judge?

We don't have to tolerate intolerant stuff like that in the USA.

If I ever see any 'man' beating on a woman or a child, I'll kick his butt until his nose bleeds.

Tolerance is giving to everyone every right that you claim for yourself." ~ Robert Green Ingersoll

Which religion allows domestic violence? I think Islam does to some degree but if a woman chooses a religion of her own free will that says her husband can beat her who am I to impose my beliefs on her.

There is no such legal right which allows you to permit assault. If your wife or husband hits you, and if a cop sees it, the perpetrator gets arrested. No questions asked.

We don't have to tolerate intolerant stuff like that in the USA.

If I ever see any 'man' beating on a woman or a child, I'll kick his butt until his nose bleeds.

Tolerance is giving to everyone every right that you claim for yourself." ~ Robert Green Ingersoll

The woman herself may turn on you if she thinks she should be getting beat, it's a wacky world.

Legally you are correct but you asked my personal opinion.

IMO, people can believe what they want, but they cannot abuse others. I'm glad the law does not allow for consent of the abused.

If it had been a young man, that truly would have been miraculous.

It surely would've been! But given that women's circumstances in many ME places hasn't changed much, it's a miracle by itself that Joseph chose not to stone his fiancee when she was found with child. ;)

IMO, people can believe what they want, but they cannot abuse others. I'm glad the law does not allow for consent of the abused.

It's a tough call for me. I get what you are saying but if a woman chooses a religion that implicitly states her husband can beat her then that is her choice. Should S&M be illegal or is sex different than religion?

The woman herself may turn on you if she thinks she should be getting beat, it's a wacky world.

Like Ted Kennedy told Mary Jo When she asked him, "What if I'm pregnant? - "We'll cross that bridge when we come to it."

We can't ever let worrying about what might happen stop us from doing the right thing.

My experience is that most things that people worry about never happen.

The first I ever heard of this "CDD" was this thread, so I went Googling. No answer yet, but I'm curious to learn what percent of Christians support this. Like the Quiver Full movement, this doesn't sound exactly mainstream to me.

Like Ted Kennedy told Mary Jo When she asked him, "What if I'm pregnant? - "We'll cross that bridge when we come to it."

We can't ever let worrying about what might happen stop us from doing the right thing.

My experience is that most things that people worry about never happen.

Not saying you should worry about it just be prepared to get a response you are not looking for. I butted in when a man was verbally abusing a woman one time, shouting at her and pushing her. She turned around and said "mind your own f****** business".

Anyone whose defense is: "She said that it was OK for me to beat her." will have a problem in court.

Back
Top Bottom