• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

More evidence on how democrats politicize Covid

Chainsawmassacre

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
If you're sports star or any type of star "no vaccine for you". At the same time if you're a fired cop or firefighter that refused to vaccinate you still can't return to work. You disobeyed the government and you must be punished for your insubordination.

"New York City's mayor will announce Thursday that he’s exempting athletes and performers from the city’s vaccine mandate for private workers, a move that will allow Brooklyn Nets star Kyrie Irving to play home games and unvaccinated baseball players to take the field when their season begins.

Mayor Eric Adams will make the announcement Thursday morning and it will be effective immediately, according to a person familiar with the upcoming announcement who was not authorized to discuss it publicly."

"The city suspended numerous public employees for refusing to get vaccinated, including public servants like firefighters and sanitation workers.

The creation of special exemptions for athletes or entertainers could potentially lead to court challenges arguing the city isn't applying the law evenly."

Even the left in here can't defend this duplicitous policy. Thats progress.

The creation of special exemptions for athletes or entertainers could potentially lead to court challenges arguing the city isn't applying the law evenly."
And it should. I don't play "rules for thee and not for me" bullshit.

That’s a stupid policy and no one should defend it.

As for showing favoritism, that behavior is not the exclusive domain of either the left or the right.

Unless you're a star that is. Its the New York democrat mayors policy.
If anybody politicized COVID it was Trump. A good leader would have set the best example and worn a mask right from the start. Not claim it was a democratic hoax.

Early on in the pandemic, before it was declared a national emergency, as President Trump was still trying to deny that COVID was going to be a problem and Democrats were urging him to take it more seriously, Trump made it political by falsely claiming that the public safety concerns were a 'new Democratic hoax.'

“Now the Democrats are politicizing the coronavirus, you know that, right? Coronavirus, they’re politicizing it. We did one of the great jobs. You say, ‘How’s President Trump doing?’ They go, ‘Oh, not good, not good.’ They have no clue. They don’t have any clue. They can’t even count their votes in Iowa.” “They tried the impeachment hoax. That was on a perfect conversation. They tried anything. They tried it over and over. They’d been doing it since you got in. It’s all turning. They lost. It’s all turning. Think of it. Think of it. And this is their new hoax.”

That was pure BS. Trump repeatedly tried to convince the public the pandemic was turning around when instead it was only getting started.

Concern for public safety is not politicizing COVID. Ignoring public safety while downtalking Democrats concern was politicizing it. Democrats were right.

Now that a million Americans have died, it is clear the concern for public safety was spot on, and Trump, by trying to make public safety about the Democrats, was politicizing COVID.

If anybody politicized COVID it was Trump. A good leader would have set the best example and worn a mask right from the start. Not claim it was a democratic hoax.

Early on in the pandemic, before it was declared a national emergency, as President Trump was still trying to deny that COVID was going to be a problem and Democrats were urging him to take it more seriously, Trump made it political by falsely claiming that the public safety concerns were a 'new Democratic hoax.'

“Now the Democrats are politicizing the coronavirus, you know that, right? Coronavirus, they’re politicizing it. We did one of the great jobs. You say, ‘How’s President Trump doing?’ They go, ‘Oh, not good, not good.’ They have no clue. They don’t have any clue. They can’t even count their votes in Iowa.” “They tried the impeachment hoax. That was on a perfect conversation. They tried anything. They tried it over and over. They’d been doing it since you got in. It’s all turning. They lost. It’s all turning. Think of it. Think of it. And this is their new hoax.”

That was pure BS. Trump repeatedly tried to convince the public the pandemic was turning around when instead it was only getting started.

Concern for public safety is not politicizing COVID. Ignoring public safety while downtalking Democrats concern was politicizing it. Democrats were right.

Now that a million Americans have died, it is clear the concern for public safety was spot on, and Trump, by trying to make public safety about the Democrats, was politicizing COVID.
TDS temper tantrum aside do you agree with what mayor of NYC did?

I’m glad that those who disobeyed the mandates got punished. However, upon further review I think there should be no more mandates at this time. If they do come up with a true vaccine that prevents infection then it’s game on again.

That’s a stupid policy and no one should defend it.

As for showing favoritism, that behavior is not the exclusive domain of either the left or the right.
This. What this clearly shows is the bottom line of some monied interests have influenced how the city chooses to implement policy.

Only one side of the aisle gives favors to professional sports? News to me!

Mayor Adams’ exemption is blatant favoritism.

If you're sports star or any type of star "no vaccine for you". At the same time if you're a fired cop or firefighter that refused to vaccinate you still can't return to work. You disobeyed the government and you must be punished for your insubordination.

Cry some more.

If it weren't for Double standards the leftists would have no standards at all.

Everyone who knows anything about political parties in America is fully aware Republicans have double standards and Democrats do not.

I’m glad that those who disobeyed the mandates got punished. However, upon further review I think there should be no more mandates at this time. If they do come up with a true vaccine that prevents infection then it’s game on again.

They have had a true vaccine that prevents infections since late 2020. People who get COVID-19 anyway had pre-existing conditions, got the less effective Johnson & Johnson/Janssen vaccine, or did not get the booster. Also, there is such a thing as a false positive.

They have had a true vaccine that prevents infections since late 2020.
Which one? Never heard of it.
People who get COVID-19 anyway had pre-existing conditions,
You might be referring to those who had severe reactions to covid. Some were infected and didn't even know it.
got the less effective Johnson & Johnson/Janssen vaccine, or did not get the booster. Also, there is such a thing as a false positive.
And a false negative.

This and all the posts I read in this thread are shockingly stupid.

This is why I have stayed away recently. The stupid posts are 90% .

And, more shocking, i know most posters here are better informed than the moron in the street.

Last week I called Walgreens and asked when and where I could get the 2nd booster. The person I talked to in the pharmacy told me that I could make an appointment on line.

I asked which Walgreens were providing the shots. She said that if I wanted to find the pharmacies with the least public demand I should start by looking at the online listings for Walgreens stores in historically Republican zip codes as the demand for vaccines and boosters were normally low.

Exactly
The time for mandates is over , at least for now. Omicron is less virulent; cases and deaths are falling; and nearly all adults have had a chance to get vaccinated if the wanted to. Those who made the foolish decision not to be vaccinated will live (or die) with the consequences.
The NY mandate never made sense to me because although NY athletes had to be vaccinated to play visiting athletes did not. That’s inconsistent. To play in NY ALL athletes should have been required to be vaccinated.
But for the reasons I stated it’s time to loosen up the requirements. I think that only healthcare workers should have that requirement now.

Not to interrupt the partisan chance to jump on the "lefties".

But.. as a medical provider... If I was having to decide who might still need to be vaccinated and who did not. lets see.

1. Firefighters and policeman routinely have to go on medical calls with medically compromised people who are at high risk of dying from covid.
while basketball players? Not so much.

2. NY firefighters and policeman are city employees and as such... if they in their capacity as employees (say on a medical) cause a person to be infected with covid and die or be hospitalized.. conceivably, the city could be liable for civil damages.

3. NY firefighters and police perform a very valuable function for the city. IF a wave of covid flows through the police department or fire department due to lack of vaccination and incapacitates a number of firefighters and police, the department services could suffer and so too the populace that relies on them.

Just saying.

Now back to the partisan, "lefties are terrible".

This and all the posts I read in this thread are shockingly stupid.

This is why I have stayed away recently. The stupid posts are 90% .

And, more shocking, i know most posters here are better informed than the moron in the street.
I have a feeling you don't understand my post. Please reread and if you still think it's stupid let me know what about it is stupid.

Back
Top Bottom