• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

More Democrat outrageouness

Stinger

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Very Conservative
Here is a list of groups, all Democrat/Liberal, who are supporting Louis Farrakhan and his gathering in Washington this month. The man who is making the racist claim that white people blew up the levies in New Orleans to kill black people. The man who uses his racism to incite and create a divide between Americans of all colors. So just look at who supports him.

The Progressive National Baptist Convention, The Urban League, Rev. Al Sharpton, The New Black Panther Party, Southern Christian Leadership Conference, Russell Simmons, Rev. Jesse Jackson, the National Council of Negro Women, Kanye West, The Congressional Black Caucus and D.C. Mayor Anthony Williams

So where do liberals get off complaining about the mistrepresented statement of Bill Bennett while at the same time supporting the openly racist Farrakhan?

Stinger said:
Here is a list of groups, all Democrat/Liberal, who are supporting Louis Farrakhan and his gathering in Washington this month. The man who is making the racist claim that white people blew up the levies in New Orleans to kill black people. The man who uses his racism to incite and create a divide between Americans of all colors. So just look at who supports him.

The Progressive National Baptist Convention, The Urban League, Rev. Al Sharpton, The New Black Panther Party, Southern Christian Leadership Conference, Russell Simmons, Rev. Jesse Jackson, the National Council of Negro Women, Kanye West, The Congressional Black Caucus and D.C. Mayor Anthony Williams

So where do liberals get off complaining about the mistrepresented statement of Bill Bennett while at the same time supporting the openly racist Farrakhan?

FIRST, its of all its "outrageousness", SECOND, Farrakhan is a loose cannon ball and should be dismissed like PAT ROBERTS. He spreads hatred and under the "CLEAR AND PRESENT" Danger doctrine he must be neutralized.

wxcrazytwo said:
Farrakhan is a loose cannon ball and should be dismissed like PAT ROBERTS.

But he's not, in fact they are going there to SUPPORT him, EXPLICTLY support him. And they complain about Bennett?

Stinger said:

Those all sound like groups or people that have engaged in quite a bit of race-baiting themselves. I certainly don't see an accurate representation of Democrats listed there.

Kandahar said:
Those all sound like groups or people that have engaged in quite a bit of race-baiting themselves. I certainly don't see an accurate representation of Democrats listed there.

That is the base, the core of the Democrat Party to say these groups do not represent the Democrats is absurd.

Stinger said:
That is the base, the core of the Democrat Party to say these groups do not represent the Democrats is absurd.

Last I checked, the majority of Democrats had an unfavorable opinion of Al Sharpton. Hardly an accurate representation. No single lobby group represents the entire party, no more than Tom DeLay and The 700 Club are representative of all Republicans.

I would have to disagree with it being the base of the Democratic party. In my opinion, the base consists of Hillary, Pelosi, Kerry, Boxer, Reid, etc. If one of them starts supporting him, that would be outrageous.

Bart

Kandahar said:
Last I checked, the majority of Democrats had an unfavorable opinion of Al Sharpton. Hardly an accurate representation.
:donkeyfla HE SPOKE AT THEIR NATIONAL CONVENTION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

To say he is not part of the Democrat Party and has a leading role in it is shear folly.

No single lobby group represents the entire party
That's why I listed so many, so many of what are considered the "mainstream" Democrat groups, that's why I list the Democrat Congressional Black Causcus, I guess you are going to claim they don't represent Democrats either?

Your :spin:is amazing.

Stinger said:

To say he is not part of the Democrat Party and has a leading role in it is shear folly.

I didn't say he wasn't part of the Democrat Party. I said he wasn't representative of all Democrats nor is he particularly influential. I seem to recall Republicans having a few questionable speakers at their conventions in the past.

Stinger said:
That's why I listed so many, so many of what are considered the "mainstream" Democrat groups, that's why I list the Democrat Congressional Black Causcus, I guess you are going to claim they don't represent Democrats either?

Those groups you listed are not "so many" different interests. They're different groups dedicated to the SAME interest.

Stinger said:
Your :spin:is amazing.

Your ignorance is amazing. It's ridiculous to call all Democrats race-baiting black supremacists, or to claim that that lobby even represents something most Democrats want. Or do you also believe that all Republicans are Christian fundamentalist troglodyte white supremacists?

I guess it's much easier to simplify the political parties into a few caricatures than to actually THINK about the issues. :roll:

It really is no mystery why these race baiters are marching on Washington. They do this everytime they feel that racism is in danger, they want racism, they need it to survive, to continue to cash in on all it's benifits. You see, if they let it cease to exist, so do they, and that is why the message has gotten so desperate, and beyond ridiculous in it's delivery. I think it's great though, these people are finally showing themselves to be the idiots, and race w**res I have always known them to be. From the blowing up of the levee's, to the comparisons of the president to Bull Connor, and to the NAACP's description of the Republicans as "white devils", this stuff his gold, just plain gold.:lol:

Last edited:
Deegan said:
It really is no mystery why these race baiters are marching on Washington. They do this everytime they feel that racism is in danger, they want racism, they need it to survive, to continue to cash in on all it's benifits. You see, if they let it cease to exist, so do they, and that is why the message has gotten so desperate, and beyond ridiculous in it's delivery. I think it's great though, these people are finally showing themselves to be the idiots, and race w**res I have always known them to be. From the blowing up of the levee's, to the comparisons of the president to Bull Connor, and to the NAACP's description of the Republicans as "white devils", this stuff his gold, just plain gold.:lol:
Indeed. And the truely ignorant folks think that blacks are listening to these fools or that they are actually 'leaders'. Many on the left will drink the koolaid, defend them without hesitation, and gladly accept the public humilation that goes along with it - simply because it is a perceieved race issue.

Originally Posted by Stinger

Kandahar said:
I didn't say he wasn't part of the Democrat Party. I said he wasn't representative of all Democrats nor is he particularly influential. I seem to recall Republicans having a few questionable speakers at their conventions in the past.

But he is representitive, he is a full fledge right at the top DEMOCRAT probably the top black Democrat in the pary. Your denial of his role is hilarious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinger

Those groups you listed are not "so many" different interests. They're different groups dedicated to the SAME interest.

So? There interest ARE Democrat interest, they campaing for and are courted by Democrats These are mainstream Democrat interest groups. Geez the Congressional Black Caucus which is ALL Democrat is there to support this garbage and you are deny THEY represent Democrats? You are living in another world.

Your ignorance is amazing. It's ridiculous to call all Democrats race-baiting black supremacists,

Where did I say "all"? But the fact is the DNC has not renounce these groups for attending and I bet they won't. But the true ignorance here is your attempt to deny the ties that bind these groups and their members to the Democrats, there groups compose the core.

or to claim that that lobby even represents something most Democrats want.

:rofl so most Democrats don't want the NAACP? The Congressional Black Caucus, the Southern Christian Leadership..............what folly.

Or do you also believe that all Republicans are Christian fundamentalist troglodyte white supremacists?

I have seen no reason to believe so can you present one?

I guess it's much easier to simplify the political parties into a few caricatures than to actually THINK about the issues. :roll:

A FEW "caricatures" you are calling

"caricatures" Well when Howard Dean the head of the DNC denounces them and calls them "caricatures" of his party then your statement might have some validity.

vauge said:
Indeed. And the truely ignorant folks think that blacks are listening to these fools or that they are actually 'leaders'. Many on the left will drink the koolaid, defend them without hesitation, and gladly accept the public humilation that goes along with it - simply because it is a perceieved race issue.

Geez have you heard kandihair saying these groups are not "really" Democrats. And don't "really" represent Democrats. The CONGRESSIONAL BLACK CAUCUS are not REALLY Democrats:eek:

barthook said:
I would have to disagree with it being the base of the Democratic party. In my opinion, the base consists of Hillary, Pelosi, Kerry, Boxer, Reid, etc. If one of them starts supporting him, that would be outrageous.

Bart

These are their core voters and represent everything they stand for. Those are the leaders not the base. How about they start denouncing them and the race baiting actions and words they engage in which keeps are country split apart?

Stinger said:
But he is representitive, he is a full fledge right at the top DEMOCRAT probably the top black Democrat in the pary. Your denial of his role is hilarious.

Al Sharpton might be the LOUDEST black Democrat in the party. He's hardly the "top" black Democrat in the party, seeing as he's never held any elected office.

Stinger said:
So? There interest ARE Democrat interest, they campaing for and are courted by Democrats These are mainstream Democrat interest groups. Geez the Congressional Black Caucus which is ALL Democrat is there to support this garbage and you are deny THEY represent Democrats? You are living in another world.

I didn't deny that they were Democrats, I questioned your labelling of them as "mainstream Democrat interest groups." I don't blame the entire Republican Party every time Pat Robertson or Rush Limbaugh says something stupid.

Stinger said:
Where did I say "all"? But the fact is the DNC has not renounce these groups for attending and I bet they won't.

Well of course they won't. Why would they want to needlessly anger their voters? What's your point? I don't recall the GOP renouncing Jerry Falwell for claiming that homosexuals caused 9/11, nor should they be expected to.

Stinger said:
:rofl so most Democrats don't want the NAACP? The Congressional Black Caucus, the Southern Christian Leadership..............what folly.

Many Democrats do not support what these groups stand for. While the average Democrat supports civil rights, affirmative action isn't really that popular. Most Democrats simply couldn't care less.

Stinger said:
I have seen no reason to believe so can you present one?

It was a rhetorical question. I don't believe that Republicans are all Christian fundamentalist troglodyte white supremacists, because unlike you, I'm capable of seeing the issues beyond the stereotypes of the political parties.

Stinger said:
A FEW "caricatures" you are calling

"caricatures" Well when Howard Dean the head of the DNC denounces them and calls them "caricatures" of his party then your statement might have some validity.

And the next time some non-office-holding Christian fundamentalist who happens to vote Republican says something hate-filled, can we assume that he will be denounced by the national Republican Party?

Stinger said:
These are their core voters and represent everything they stand for. Those are the leaders not the base. How about they start denouncing them and the race baiting actions and words they engage in which keeps are country split apart?

I am sorry but I disagree. Yes, they are members of the party, but they do not represent everything the party stands for.

I do agree that the race card is brought up a great deal, and I think it is a shame. People like Farrakhan do more harm than good for their communities. I doubt most Democrats take him serious though.

Bart

Stinger said:

When you post crap like this, you pretty much lose all credibility.

What percentage would you say of liberals there are that support Farrakhan? I am going to go out on a limb and say probably less than 1% and you can bet that 1% is just about all black.

Now, what percentage of conservatives are supporters of Falwell or Pat Robertson or at least their positions on issues? I am going to go out on a limb and say probably close to half. You did not see any democrats defending Farrakhan on here, but you saw a lot of conservatives defending Robertson. In fact, Falwell and Robertson have both had dinner with President Bush on several occasions.

Last edited:
SouthernDemocrat said:
Now, what percentage of conservatives are supporters of Falwell or Pat Robertson? I am going to go out on a limb and say probably close to half. In fact, Falwell and Robertson have both had dinner with President Bush on several occasions.

Falwell and Robertson no more represent the Republican party than does Farrakhan represent the Democratic party. These misconceptions by both sides are to blame for much of the polarization we see today in this country.

Bart

Actually, I guess they do a little more than Farrakhan. ;)

Bart

barthook said:
Falwell and Robertson no more represent the Republican party than does Farrakhan represent the Democratic party. These misconceptions by both sides are to blame for much of the polarization we see today in this country.

Bart

Farrakhan is not even a Democrat. Falwell and Robertson are both Republicans. Farrakhan has never had dinner with a Democratic President. Falwell and Robertson have both had dinner with Bush on numerous occasions. It would be different if I were claiming that Fred Phelps represented a significant number of conservatives, he doesnt. However, Falwell and Robertson both do. If you dont like that, then raise some hell with your Republican elected officials for kowtowing to them.

SouthernDemocrat said:

What percentage would you say of liberals there are that support Farrakhan? I am going to go out on a limb and say probably less than 1% and you can bet that 1% is just about all black.

Now, what percentage of conservatives are supporters of Falwell or Pat Robertson or at least their positions on issues? I am going to go out on a limb and say probably close to half. You did not see any democrats defending Farrakhan on here, but you saw a lot of conservatives defending Robertson. In fact, Falwell and Robertson have both had dinner with President Bush on several occasions.

Oh really? Please inform this forum of your contention...

I'll help you out...

http://www.debatepolitics.com/showpost.php?p=67380&postcount=1

The only thing people defended Robertson on was his right to be an idiot...

Post #72 might seep into your mind...but I won't make any bets on it...

...Personally, he is to be condemned to the highest order...But I don't think good 'ol Pat is the spokesman for all of Christianity or for the Republican Party.

Pat has probably(I don't watch him) said many good things that drift into the night unnoticed by the media, yet when he says something stupid, the media immediately equates him with the Republican Party and Christianity.

If someone needs to point out that "Yes, there are fruitcakes on both sides, and Pat is a good example of one on the right", I will agree.

But to use this as an example of the right's thinking is incredibly shallow...

http://www.debatepolitics.com/showpost.php?p=68549&postcount=72

Simply another example of this shallowness...par for the course...:roll:

SouthernDemocrat said:

When you respond like this you pretty much show you never had any.

So now that the personal attacks are over can you respond with anything of any substance?

What percentage would you say of liberals there are that support Farrakhan?

Don't know and don't care what the percentage number is but it certainly isn't speaking out against Farrakhan and the democrat groups supporting him. I do know that these groups which make up a huge number of people 99% of the die in the wool Democrats, who Democrats brag as being their supporters, who make the core of the party are going to be there supporting Farrakhan

Where is the outrage?

As far as Robertson, he has no power anymore and he never claimed blacks were in a mass conspiracy to kill whites and if he had he would have been denounced. So your desperate attempts to find some moral equivalency are the weakest defense you could present.

Stinger said:
Don't know and don't care what the percentage number is but it certainly isn't speaking out against Farrakhan and the democrat groups supporting him. I do know that these groups which make up a huge number of people 99% of the die in the wool Democrats, who Democrats brag as being their supporters, who make the core of the party are going to be there supporting Farrakhan

What's your point? 99% of people who support Pat Robertson are Republicans.

Stinger said:

Where is the outrage?

Why should elected officials be expected to denounce the opinions of some of their constituents who haven't been elected to anything?

Stinger said:
As far as Robertson, he has no power anymore

He certainly has a much bigger following than Farrakhan, who is relatively unpopular and who many people haven't even heard of. By contrast, almost everyone interested in politics knows who Pat Robertson is.

Stinger said:
and he never claimed blacks were in a mass conspiracy to kill whites and if he had he would have been denounced.

Pat Robertson agreed with Falwell's statement than homosexuals, feminists, and the ACLU caused 9/11. He seconded Sen. Tom Coburn's belief that the "homosexual agenda" was a bigger threat to the country than terrorism. He also has said numerous times than a wife's duty is to be subservient to her husband and children. And as far as I can recall, no elected Republican has denounced him for these things.

Stinger said:
So your desperate attempts to find some moral equivalency are the weakest defense you could present.

There IS a moral equivalency between claiming the white man is ruining your country, and claiming the homosexuals are ruining your country.

The mere fact that you won't acknowledge this proves the point that you expect your opposition to denounce its more extreme elements (which everyone on this thread HAS done), but you are unwilling to do so yourself.

Last edited:
Stinger said:
When you respond like this you pretty much show you never had any.

So now that the personal attacks are over can you respond with anything of any substance?

Where is the outrage?

As far as Robertson, he has no power anymore and he never claimed blacks were in a mass conspiracy to kill whites and if he had he would have been denounced. So your desperate attempts to find some moral equivalency are the weakest defense you could present.

I personally know of no Democrats at all who like Farrakhan. None. Farrakhan has never had dinner with any Democratic Presidents. Farrakhan does not deliever Democratic votes. Farrakhan does not campaign for Democrats. Farrakhan does not raise money for Democrats. Farrakhan has nothing to do with the Democratic party. Just because a few Democrats are ignorant enough to have something to do with that sack of **** does not mean that he has anything to do with the Democrat Party. You know there are some Republicans that go out and picket the funerals of gays and lesbians with Fred Phelp’s bunch, but that in no way makes them at all representative of the Republican Party. The day that Farrakhan has dinner with a Democratic President at the Whitehouse regularly, you will have a case and I will be yelling about right along side you. However, it hasn’t happened and I doubt it ever will.

Pat Robertson and Falwell have both ate dinner at the Whitehouse on several occasions with Bush. They both have plenty of power in the Republican Party. They are both Republicans. They both pushed a video during the nineties that claimed that our president at the time, Clinton, was a murderer. They both claim that 9/11 was because of gays, lesbians, feminists, and those who are pro-choice. They both raise money for Republicans and Republican causes. They both campaign for Republicans and Republican causes. They both urge their followers to vote Republican. They are both every bit as big of a sack of **** that Farrakhan is. They both represent consistencies that are so large and powerful in the Republican party that if it were not for them, the Republicans would go the way of the Whigs.

Deegan said:

Deegan, ....you got it! The democrats "think" crap like this is going to empower them too. Has any democrats ever spoken out about the lies, & false charges that the NOI & Al Sharpton put out?

Of course they do not, because THEY want that notion to be percieved as being true, & THEY will stop at nothing to help feed this paranoia.

Racist charges will ALWAYS be used by the democrats, ..& in truth many of the ignorant massess actually will believe it because it works for them to a degree.

Some blacks are slowly begining to see the bullcrap of it all. The charge of referring to Bush as the new Bull Connor was absolutely disgusting, as Bull Connor would never have placed any blacks in powerful positions as has Bush.

THe democrats have an explanation for that too. Why, ..its just gotta be that those blacks that serve the president "Must" be all Uncle Tom's!

And..isn't that representative of how low, & disgusting the modern democratic party has become the last few decades too!

Apparently our fine black citizens are not suposed to think for themselves, ..or have differing political views, ..forever to be kow-towing to a democratic party that lost its true soul decades ago, & in fact practice more bigotry, hate, & racebaitng than what the republicans ever did in their less than perfect past!

Democrats hate being reminded of the 1965 voting rights act? Anyway,more ...republicans voted FOR the civil rights voting act in LARGER PERCENTAGE numbers than what the democrats did, ..& that is FACT!

Why here are a couple that voted AGAINST, Al Gore's father voted AGAINST, & so did Robert Byrd...both democrats.

So when I hear as.sholes like Al Gore accuse the republicans of willfully trying to stop blacks from voting it sickens me, & the same for Robert ''sheets" Byrd.

Democrats love making that charge, ...when in truth all they want is for ALL voters to be able to prove "RESIDENCY" by providing I.D.'s.

Democrats LOVE charging republicans of voter intimidation, or harrassment when it come to our black citizens.

THe democrats have a PROVEN record of the dead voting, & of course voters voting more than once in different precincts not necessarilly by blacks but IF they can loosen the laws regarding proving residency, ..it just makes it easier for real voter fraud to occur, & when charging racism...it just makes it easier for the democrats to accomplish that goal!

Funny too, because blacks do not complain when they have to show proper I.D. when applying for welfare, food stamps...or even driver licences??

Charging republicans with racism, & voter intimidation is actually just the VEHICLE that democrats employ in hoping to create, & invent "victims", & like most people already know, ..some people enjoy seeing themselves as "victims", as it has ALWAYS payed dividends.;)

Back
Top Bottom