• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

More Democrat outrageouness

Kandahar said:
What's your point? 99% of people who support Pat Robertson are Republicans.

Please explaing the moral equivilencey between Robertson who has not political following or influence to speak of, what he did that was an equivilant of Farrakhan's statement and what groups have gone to support his causes and list them and exactly what they have done. Your simply trying to deflect from the issue here and that is quite transparent.

So let's get back to what the Democrats are doing here.

Why should elected officials be expected to denounce the opinions of some of their constituents who haven't been elected to anything?

You still don't get it. It's not about them denouncing Farrakhan, they are ACTIVELY SUPPORTING HIM.

He.............

This is about Farrakhan not Robertson.

Pat Robertson agreed with Falwell's statement than homosexuals, feminists, and the ACLU caused 9/11.

In a biblical sense not that they actually flew the planes into the buildings and directly caused the deaths of black. Farrakhan has directly accused whites of killing blacks because they are black.

Again your attempts at moral equivilency in order to excuse the Democrats is transparent.

Let's be clear, I don't care about Roberston, I don't support him, I don't agree with his religious views and I don't defend him if he puts his foot in his mouth. He lost political power long ago when Republicans dimissed him.

Now it's about time the Democrats dismissed the race baiting demogogs like Farrakhan, instead they actively support him.

There IS a moral equivalency between claiming the white man is ruining your country, and claiming the homosexuals are ruining your country.

How about white men murdered hundreds and tried to kill thousands and wipe out thier pocessions by blowing a levy?

The mere fact that you won't acknowledge this proves the point that you expect your opposition to denounce its more extreme elements (which everyone on this thread HAS done), but you are unwilling to do so yourself.

Robertson was fully denounce with his last little quip about assination.

do YOU support what Farrakhan had to say, do YOU believe these groups should be actively supporting him?

SouthernDemocrat said:
I personally know of no Democrats at all who like Farrakhan. None.

I gave you a whole list including some of the most prominient Democrat organizations.

Stinger said:
I gave you a whole list including some of the most prominient Democrat organizations.

Black Panthers are not Democrats. :roll:

Sharpton and Jackson are, but they are hardly representative of the Democratic Party. When I said I did not personally know of any Democrats who liked Farrakan, I meant I have friends who are Democrats and none of them like the guy. Moreover, Farrakan is not a Democrat.

Stinger said:
Please explaing the moral equivilencey between Robertson who has not political following or influence to speak of, what he did that was an equivilant of Farrakhan's statement and what groups have gone to support his causes and list them and exactly what they have done. Your simply trying to deflect from the issue here and that is quite transparent.

Robertson has a much larger political following than Farrakhan. There are lots of groups that support Robertson's causes. They ARE morally equivalent issues.

Stinger said:
You still don't get it. It's not about them denouncing Farrakhan, they are ACTIVELY SUPPORTING HIM.

Farrakhan is a joke among rank-and-file Democrats, and even most elected officials want nothing to do with him. Pat Robertson represents a LARGE Republican constituency, and elected officials actively support his causes a lot more than anyone actively supports Farrakhan.

Stinger said:
This is about Farrakhan not Robertson.

Actually, this is about your hypocrisy in not recognizing that your OWN party has equally extreme elements.

Stinger said:
In a biblical sense not that they actually flew the planes into the buildings and directly caused the deaths of black. Farrakhan has directly accused whites of killing blacks because they are black.

What's your point? Both statements are equally offensive. Why are you making excuses for Robertson anyway if you don't agree with his views?

Stinger said:
Again your attempts at moral equivilency in order to excuse the Democrats is transparent.

I have no interest in "excusing the Democrats" or in your petty partisanship at all. I don't think any elected official should be expected to denounce the opinions of his constituents just because they're loud-mouthed and obnoxious.

Stinger said:
Let's be clear, I don't care about Roberston, I don't support him, I don't agree with his religious views and I don't defend him if he puts his foot in his mouth.

And every Democrat on this thread has said the same thing about Farrakhan. So stop feigning offense.

Stinger said:
He lost political power long ago when Republicans dimissed him.

You must be crazy. Robertson is still a HUGE influence on the Republican party, and very few office-holding Republicans have "dismissed him."

Stinger said:
Now it's about time the Democrats dismissed the race baiting demogogs like Farrakhan, instead they actively support him.

See above.

Stinger said:
How about white men murdered hundreds and tried to kill thousands and wipe out thier pocessions by blowing a levy?

Again, what's the difference? A moral equivalence exists.

Stinger said:

No he wasn't. The White House made it clear that Robertson's views were not the policy of the US government because they didn't want to further inflame tensions with Venezuela. He wasn't denounced for this at all, nor has Robertson been denounced for his views on homosexuals, women, atheists, or anyone else.

Stinger said:
do YOU support what Farrakhan had to say,

No.

Stinger said:
do YOU believe these groups should be actively supporting him?

I don't care.

Kandahar said:
Robertson has a much larger political following than Farrakhan. There are lots of groups that support Robertson's causes. They ARE morally equivalent issues.

Oh I don't think there is any evidence at all of Roberson's "following" these days, he's a has been and has been for quite a while. And he certainly has not made assertions anywhere near the likes of Farrakhan.

Farrakhan is a joke among rank-and-file Democrats

:rofl I don'tthink all the mainstream democrat groups I quoted to you think so else they wouldn't be giving him their public support.

Actually, this is about your hypocrisy in not recognizing that your OWN party has equally extreme elements.

I don't have a party so trying to turn this into something about me is not going to work, just another dodge.

What's your point? Both statements are equally offensive.

Hardly and that is an absurd assertion.

I have no interest in "excusing the Democrats" or in your petty partisanship at all. I don't think any elected official should be expected to denounce the opinions of his constituents just because they're loud-mouthed and obnoxious.

How about not supporting them then?

And every Democrat on this thread has said the same thing about Farrakhan. So stop feigning offense.

HA! I think you are engaged in that not me. I have cited the mainstream groups that are publicly supporting him, you can't refute that fact.

You must be crazy. Robertson is still a HUGE influence on the Republican party,

No he's not they want nothing to do with him and his mouth and they certainly do not support him as these Democrat groups I cited are supporting Farrakhan,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinger

Again, what's the difference? A moral equivalence exists.

I think saying there is a moral equivalence to one person saying homosexuality is harmful to soceity and those who engage in it and the white man and federal government bombed a levy in order to kill thousands of blacks is one of the most absurd statements I have ever read.

Quote:

No he wasn't. The White House made it clear that Robertson's views were not the policy of the US government because they didn't want to further inflame tensions with Venezuela.

DUH preciesly because it is not the policy of the US or the Bush administration or the Republican party and they are not all going down to his place to party with him and support him.

Robertson been denounced for his views on homosexuals, women, atheists, or anyone else.

Quite often he is but you keep harping on denouncing while ignoring that this is about SUPPORTING FARRAKHAN.

No.

Quote:
do YOU believe these groups should be actively supporting him?

I don't care.

Speaks volumes that you don't care the Congressional Black Caucus supports Farrakhan.

SouthernDemocrat said:
Black Panthers are not Democrats. :roll:

Oh please don't insult my intelligence, there has been a long history of mutual support between the Black Panthers and the Democrats. Are you trying to convince us that the Black Panthers vote Republican?

Sharpton and Jackson are, but they are hardly representative of the Democratic Party.

They certainly support a good portion of it and have been repeat speakers at their conventions and they have both run the primaries. You are in utter denial.

When I said I did not personally know of any Democrats who liked Farrakan, I meant I have friends who are Democrats and none of them like the guy. Moreover, Farrakan is not a Democrat.

I really don't care who you know or what your friends think. I posted a very extensive list of the DEMOCRAT groups who ARE supporting him. Deal with that and spare me what your "friends" think.

Back
Top Bottom