• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

More corporate sleaze catering to the black urban market

Racist? I dunno, is it the white guy shining the black guys shoes?

I wonder about people who see racism everywhere...

The only thing I think when I first saw this ad was of.....the authenticity of the University of Phoenix.
How many people took out loans to get a degree with them and are unemployed or in low paying jobs saddled with loans?
The President fought for low interest loans ....but the education system need to be cleaned up.

My simple answer is ...the loans should never be awarded to kids to pursue dead-end prospects.
You can't place the burden entirely on the kids. At 19/20...kids have very little real life experiences to draw from. And without good parents to steer them ...they often get caught up these scams.

For a bank issuing loans, credible data on the institution is not hard to find.

But instead what do the banks do ....they partner with the schools to hand out these easy loans ....and then run to congress to enact laws preventing any-kind of bankruptcy filing to dis-charge these loans. And of-course ...republicans agree with this one-two con game becauseeeeeee.......all together now ..."personal responsibility!!

That is what us IU grads do. Just sayin...
I actually find it more like encouraging university nepotism. Go to the uni of phoenix and others who went there will recognize you and give you a job over the one who is more qualified than you because of some wierd bond.

No racism however.

Racist? I dunno, is it the white guy shining the black guys shoes?
You saw it too. It goes right along with just about every other commercial where whites and blacks are involved. White = failure, loser, antagonist. Black = Successful, Winner, Protagonist. This is pretty much the boiled down formula.

You saw it too. It goes right along with just about every other commercial where whites and blacks are involved. White = failure, loser, antagonist. Black = Successful, Winner, Protagonist. This is pretty much the boiled down formula.

There's something wrong with you.

There's something wrong with you.
Yeah, I get that a lot on debate sites. It tells me everything is juuuust fine over here. ;)

no me neither. I remember seeing it a couple of times before this thread and race never came to mind.
Not me - I saw absolutely nothing in the commercial that was even remotely racist.

Not me - I saw absolutely nothing in the commercial that was even remotely racist.
That's because you're pc compliant. Good for you. ;)

no me neither. I remember seeing it a couple of times before this thread and race never came to mind.
I pay attention to stuff like this. It's part of the "We simply cannot survive without Democrat approval" nonsense.

How do you explain the white guy who was the "boss" who was going to be interviewing the black guy for a job? How is he a "failure, loser, antagonist"?

Gee, those subliminal racists at the University of Phoenix are dumb.

Ok I dont get it. But I do hire former Marines and IU grads whenever I get a chance to help select. That is a fact.

Sorry, but I didn't see anything racist about it. What am I missing?
I'm afraid you're just too politically correct. :donkeyfla

How do you explain the white guy who was the "boss" who was going to be interviewing the black guy for a job? How is he a "failure, loser, antagonist"?
That's why I said it's "a bit racist". They can't go over the top with this stuff, or it'll alienate the lion's share of their revenue. No, this is strictly political.

I'm afraid you're just seeing boogeymen where they don't exist.
You're a good Democrat, lizzie. You may not believe that, but it's true. I see the blue inside you. ;)

Back
Top Bottom