• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

More Conservative Freakiness: Robertson Claims Gays Spread AIDs with Secret Rings

:doh What is your problem anyway?

You start a thread based on another absurdity uttered by Robertson - CLEARLY for the purposes of ascribing his lunacy to all of conservativism in general - and by extension to all conservatives specifically. You pretend he speaks for all of us - and that on the weakest of bases possible. You give some viewership statistics that 3 times the number of people watch the 700 club as do MSNBC (which frankly *OUGHT* to be an indicator of just how truly kooky the progressive channel MSNBC is)... so what?

I point out the obvious absurdity of such logic and you throw - of ALL things - the No True Scotsman fallacy in my face. :doh :doh :doh

LOL. I suggest before you go any further with this ridiculously petty inanity, that you realize that all you're doing is opening the door and begging for someone to dredge up a similarly representative Progressive character, one with similar comedic and derisive qualities for scrutiny.

And trust me - there are a HOST of candidates that don't exactly throw a positive, rational light on progressivism either - kooks who may or may not reflect your own beliefs and ideology.

Is that what you really want?
Cough, cough...Ahem. Who would do anything like that?

The tea party/religious right and its knownothingism now owns the conservative movement. There isn't a single conservative leader who isn't totally beholden to the philistinism and weirdness of the tea party or religious right. They really don't think anymore; they just repeat vapid rightwing memes about tax cuts and deregulation. Totally fact free rhetoric.

And there are people on the left that do the same.

You start a thread based on another absurdity uttered by Robertson - CLEARLY for the purposes of ascribing his lunacy to all of conservativism in general - and by extension to all conservatives specifically. You pretend he speaks for all of us - and that on the weakest of bases possible. You give some viewership statistics that 3 times the number of people watch the 700 club as do MSNBC (which frankly *OUGHT* to be an indicator of just how truly kooky the progressive channel MSNBC is)... so what?

I point out the obvious absurdity of such logic and you throw - of ALL things - the No True Scotsman fallacy in my face. :doh :doh :doh

LOL. I suggest before you go any further with this ridiculously petty inanity, that you realize that all you're doing is opening the door and begging for someone to dredge up a similarly representative Progressive character, one with similar comedic and derisive qualities for scrutiny.

And trust me - there are a HOST of candidates that don't exactly throw a positive, rational light on progressivism either - kooks who may or may not reflect your own beliefs and ideology.

I want to publicize the intellectual bankruptcy and weirdness of the conservative movement. Don't blame me that your leaders are freaks who constantly say stupid, false and offensive things.

That's another trait of conservatives -- never taking responsibility for what they and their leaders say.

As to any rational conservatives, nope, they have been chased out of the conservative movement by the rightwing noise machines -- proclaimed as not really conservative. Any rational conduct is considered suspect by the machine.

As to your threat that you'll expose progressives using hateful and counterfactual rhetoric of the type spewed by Robertson and Limibaugh, BWHAHAHAHAHH - the rightwing noise machine spends half its time making such stuff up. You really can't come up with anything, so I call your bluff. Progressive leaders believe in science, reason, progress, inclusion -- conservative leaders call people sluts and allege that gays are secretly infecting people with AIDs'-delivery rings.

Jesus, man, take responsibility for your freakish leaders.

Last edited:
And there are people on the left that do the same.

Start your own thread on that. But I'm unaware of any progressive leader that has a TV show and spouts such nonsense and hateful rhetoric like Robertson, Limbaugh and Hannity does.

It's a function of conservatism -- which is intellectually bankrupt.

Mind leaders.
Start your own thread on that. But I'm unaware of any progressive leader that has a TV show and spouts such nonsense and hateful rhetoric like Robertson, Limbaugh and Hannity does.

It's a function of conservatism -- which is intellectually bankrupt.

Just another opportunity for use of a huge paintbrush and to be able to use the word meme. Virtually every post contains it. :wink:

He's yet to realize that not everybody fits into his little pigeon holes that make his view so... simple.

More evidence of the quantum weirdness and xenophobia that is conservative ideology as conservative leader and former GOP presidential hopeful Pat Robertson says something stupid again:

Pat Robertson Suggests Gays With AIDS Wear Rings To Cut, Infect Others

not fair at all to lump that insane maniac in with "conservatives" I know many that would like to personally make this guy disappear.

anyway that mentally retarded moron has been a loon since the 70s! I remember him predicting the end of the world in the 80s or something. He is a nut cases and id instantly deem anybody that watches/respects him a bat**** crazy loon.

not fair at all to lump that insane maniac in with "conservatives" I know many that would like to personally make this guy disappear.

anyway that mentally retarded moron has been a loon since the 70s! I remember him predicting the end of the world in the 80s or something. He is a nut cases and id instantly deem anybody that watches/respects him a bat**** crazy loon.

He also blamed lesbian witches for 9-11. But to deny he isn't a significant force among conservative circles is just wishful thinking. His weirdness is par for the course among conservatives, who have been totally "teabaggized."

Hasn't there been another whacky conservative that thought she was a witch?
He also blamed lesbian witches for 9-11. But to deny he isn't a significant force among conservative circles is just wishful thinking. His weirdness is par for the course among conservatives, who have been totally "teabaggized."

Hasn't there been another whacky conservative that thought she was a witch?

BAHAHHAHAHHA! My favorite tea party freak.

Another conservative weirdo who ran for Senate and will do it again, a major tea party "leader" and spokeswitch.

Last edited:

sorry like i said i simply cant participate in that type of false blanket statement, i personally dont know any conservative that likes him, hell i personally dont no anybody period that like him.

since i dont know Mitt "personally" no i dont

Thankfully the topic is broader than your personal acquaintances. Like for instance including the GOP's presidential nominee.

Romney wasnt a real conservative anyway. That is why they lost, remember? Maybe next time they can find a real conservative, like Pat to run. I am sure that would work.
Thankfully the topic is broader than your personal acquaintances. Like for instance including the GOP's presidential nominee.

Romney wasnt a real conservative anyway. That is why they lost, remember? Maybe next time they can find a real conservative, like Pat to run. I am sure that would work.

Isn't that the truth. The No True Scotsman trope is just a way for conservatives to promote more extremism not less.

and yet your blanket statement is still inaccurate, partasin and biased :shrug:
and your statement about me was false

pat is a loon
some conservatives are loons
thats about it

"During my service in the United States Congress, I took the initiative in creating the Internet." - Al Gore, "sane" liberal
"Every month that we do not have an economic recovery package 500 million Americans lose their jobs." - Nancy Pelosi, "sane" liberal
"Those who survived the San Francisco earthquake said, ‘Thank God, I'm still alive.' But, of course, those who died, their lives will never be the same again." - Barbara Boxer, "sane" liberal
"Eight more days and I can start telling the truth again" - "Sane" Sen. Chris Dodd, on the campaign trail.
"A zebra does not change its spots." - Al Gore, "sane" liberal
"I'm going to be honest with you -- I don't know a lot about Cuba's healthcare system. Is it a government-run system?" - John Kerry, "sane" liberal
"When the stock market crashed, Franklin D. Roosevelt got on the television and didn't just talk about the, you know, the princes of greed. He said, 'Look, here's what happened." - Joe Biden, "sane" liberal
"I propose a limitation be put on how many sqares [sic] of toilet paper can be used in any one sitting. Now, I don't want to rob any law-abiding American of his or her God-given rights, but I think we are an industrious enough people that we can make it work with only one square per restroom visit, except, of course, on those pesky occasions where 2 to 3 could be required.'" - Sheryl Crow, "sane" liberal
“Well, you know, my shotgun will do better for you than your AR-15, because you want to keep someone away from your house, just fire the shotgun through the door.” - Joe Biden, "sane" liberal

Meh - what can you say? This is just the tip of the iceberg.

"During my service in the United States Congress, I took the initiative in creating the Internet." - Al Gore, "sane" liberal
"Every month that we do not have an economic recovery package 500 million Americans lose their jobs." - Nancy Pelosi, "sane" liberal
"Those who survived the San Francisco earthquake said, ‘Thank God, I'm still alive.' But, of course, those who died, their lives will never be the same again." - Barbara Boxer, "sane" liberal
"Eight more days and I can start telling the truth again" - "Sane" Sen. Chris Dodd, on the campaign trail.
"A zebra does not change its spots." - Al Gore, "sane" liberal
"I'm going to be honest with you -- I don't know a lot about Cuba's healthcare system. Is it a government-run system?" - John Kerry, "sane" liberal
"When the stock market crashed, Franklin D. Roosevelt got on the television and didn't just talk about the, you know, the princes of greed. He said, 'Look, here's what happened." - Joe Biden, "sane" liberal
"I propose a limitation be put on how many sqares [sic] of toilet paper can be used in any one sitting. Now, I don't want to rob any law-abiding American of his or her God-given rights, but I think we are an industrious enough people that we can make it work with only one square per restroom visit, except, of course, on those pesky occasions where 2 to 3 could be required.'" - Sheryl Crow, "sane" liberal
“Well, you know, my shotgun will do better for you than your AR-15, because you want to keep someone away from your house, just fire the shotgun through the door.” - Joe Biden, "sane" liberal

Meh - what can you say? This is just the tip of the iceberg.

Careful, you include sheryl crow as a liberal and ted nugent will be included as a conservative

Back
Top Bottom