• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

More companies pledge to give workers time to vote

CaughtInThe

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
More companies pledge to give workers time to vote - Houston Chronicle

Oh, that has to really piss of 2020 Republicans...

"A growing number of U.S. companies are pledging to give workers time off to vote in the presidential election this November, an effort that’s gaining steam despite the government’s reluctance to make Election Day a federal holiday."

Six hundred companies so far including companies like Walmart and Starbucks.

That is nice and all. But all States should just adopt Colorado's procedures.

That is nice and all. But all States should just adopt Colorado's procedures.

And all states could just make voting day a national holiday, but until HR1 passes that ain't gonna happen.

More companies pledge to give workers time to vote - Houston Chronicle

Oh, that has to really piss of 2020 Republicans...

"A growing number of U.S. companies are pledging to give workers time off to vote in the presidential election this November, an effort that’s gaining steam despite the government’s reluctance to make Election Day a federal holiday."
Six hundred companies so far including companies like Walmart and Starbucks.

I personally think it is a good idea.

Now explain to me why it would piss me off.

And all states could just make voting day a national holiday, but until HR1 passes that ain't gonna happen.

would it if the Ds held both chambers?

would it if the Ds held both chambers?

There would be HR1 if...

1)Democrats controlled both chambers of Congress and the White House, or
2)Democrats controlled a veto-proof majority in both chambers of Congress (unlikely, if you ask me).

Also, even if either of the above happen, HR1 will die in the courts, which means that if option 1 is to be a reality then a rebalancing of the courts is required.

I personally think it is a good idea.

Now explain to me why it would piss me off.

Many hourly people don't vote because they have to work and when those people don't vote the lack of vote tends to benefit Republicans. The fact that these people now don't have to worry about getting back to work or finding time to vote after being forced to stand in line for hours because Republicans want to have fewer precincts with fewer machines to vote at because that the vote will have a greater tendency to benefit Democrats. These companies know that Trump's policies are a failure for the nation and are giving their employers the ability to vote him out.

The GOP and Trump know that the conservatives are toast if there is a large voter turnout and they are despertate to prevent it from happening.

Many hourly people don't vote because they have to work and when those people don't vote the lack of vote tends to benefit Republicans. The fact that these people now don't have to worry about getting back to work or finding time to vote after being forced to stand in line for hours because Republicans want to have fewer precincts with fewer machines to vote at because that the vote will have a greater tendency to benefit Democrats. These companies know that Trump's policies are a failure for the nation and are giving their employers the ability to vote him out.
The GOP and Trump know that the conservatives are toast if there is a large voter turnout and they are despertate to prevent it from happening.

Funny ... how you described a large group of democrat voters ... not only as being low educated (hence hourly workers), but also too stupid to find a few hours during at least 1 week early voting to go and cast their vote.

Lucky for us repubs, our "low-educated" voters at least know how to find a few hours during early voting. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom