• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

More College Cancel In Person Classes (Students are heading back to campus and so is COVID)

CaughtInThe

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Students head back to campus and so is coronavirus as colleges scramble to cancel in-person classes

Colleges that have canceled in person classes so far...

UNC
Notre Dame
Michigan State
NC State
Columbia University
Barnard College
Brown University
Yale and Harvard also will be conducting most classes online.
Pitt
Barnard College
Baruch
Bronx Community College
Brooklyn College
Drew University
General Theological Seminary
The New School for Social Research
Parsons School of Design
Queens College
St. Peter's University
School of Visual Arts
St John's University
State University of New York
Stevens Institute of Technology
Stockton University
Syracuse University
Union Theological Seminary
Trinity College
University of Bridgeport
University of Connecticut
University of Hartford
University of New Haven
Wesleyan University
Western Connecticut State University
William Paterson University

The **** show continues... /sigh

i'm thinking all colleges will go to online. you?

Some will not as a statement (be it political, economical, or both) but the majority may have no choice.

Some will not as a statement (be it political, economical, or both) but the majority may have no choice.

makes you wonder how they're handling the tuition/room and board charges.

makes you wonder how they're handling the tuition/room and board charges.

I am thinking College Football. Some conferences like the SEC, ACC, and a few others are pressing forward and we are seeing those campuses open for student business.

It is millions and millions per year in tv / broadcast revenue for some of these power schools and that means students on campus.

Students head back to campus and so is coronavirus as colleges scramble to cancel in-person classes

Colleges that have canceled in person classes so far...

UNC
Notre Dame
Michigan State
NC State
Columbia University
Barnard College
Brown University
Yale and Harvard also will be conducting most classes online.
Pitt
Barnard College
Baruch
Bronx Community College
Brooklyn College
Drew University
General Theological Seminary
The New School for Social Research
Parsons School of Design
Queens College
St. Peter's University
School of Visual Arts
St John's University
State University of New York
Stevens Institute of Technology
Stockton University
Syracuse University
Union Theological Seminary
Trinity College
University of Bridgeport
University of Connecticut
University of Hartford
University of New Haven
Wesleyan University
Western Connecticut State University
William Paterson University

This is what happens when you don't have a competent president.

I am thinking College Football. Some conferences like the SEC, ACC, and a few others are pressing forward and we are seeing those campuses open for student business.

It is millions and millions per year in tv / broadcast revenue for some of these power schools and that means students on campus.

i think UNC and NC State are both online classes only now.

Think most have moved their sports programs to spring to bide time before just cancelling them altogether.

Anyway, they've got to do what they've got to do. I am guessing those types that are permanent victims might actually have a legitimate complaint this time against their school if they are forced to be exposed to COVID to get their faux lambskin.

This is what happens when you don't have a competent president.

or a plan.

ALL WE NEEDED WAS A COMPETENT, MATURE ADULT during this crisis. That's it. Just someone who doesn't wish it away.

i think UNC and NC State are both online classes only now.

That was interesting to see, my girlfriend is UNC alum and the inside chat on all the shenanigans going on across North Carolina are insane.

That was interesting to see, my girlfriend is UNC alum and the inside chat on all the shenanigans going on across North Carolina are insane.

if you're speaking of kids partying as they return to college, wouldn't that be true everywhere?

Back
Top Bottom