• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

More clowning by the warmist kooks.

KLATTU

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
Princeton University - Cool heads likely won't prevail in a hotter, wetter world

Researchers from Princeton University and the University of California-Berkeley report in the journal Science that even slight spikes in temperature and precipitation have greatly increased the risk of personal violence and social upheaval throughout human history. Projected onto an Earth that is expected to warm by 2 degrees Celsius by 2050, the authors suggest that more human conflict is a likely outcome of climate change.

The researchers analyzed 60 studies from a number of disciplines — including archaeology, criminology, economics and psychology — that have explored the connection between weather and violence in various parts of the world from about 10,000 BCE to the present day. During an 18-month period, the Princeton-Berkeley researchers reviewed those studies' data — and often re-crunched raw numbers — to calculate the risk that violence would rise under hotter and wetter conditions.

Really? And I'm supposed to take Science magazine seriously. Give me a break.

I know this is anecdotal, but...I worked in a big city OR for years. As soon as it got over 80F the gun and knife club came out. We would go weeks in the winter time without a good shootout or stabbing or something. As soon as it got hot we had one big trauma a night, often more.
Princeton University - Cool heads likely won't prevail in a hotter, wetter world

Researchers from Princeton University and the University of California-Berkeley report in the journal Science that even slight spikes in temperature and precipitation have greatly increased the risk of personal violence and social upheaval throughout human history. Projected onto an Earth that is expected to warm by 2 degrees Celsius by 2050, the authors suggest that more human conflict is a likely outcome of climate change.

The researchers analyzed 60 studies from a number of disciplines — including archaeology, criminology, economics and psychology — that have explored the connection between weather and violence in various parts of the world from about 10,000 BCE to the present day. During an 18-month period, the Princeton-Berkeley researchers reviewed those studies' data — and often re-crunched raw numbers — to calculate the risk that violence would rise under hotter and wetter conditions.

It is well established that rape statistics trend with outside temperature but that is true whether we global warm or not because of that other weather mystery--seasons. :roll:

I will give it to them though. In the world of publish or perish, these folks have come up with a marketing campaign for their otherwise Who Cares Disciplines that rivals "Who Shot J.R.?"

You see all sorts of unrelated disciplines trying to connect their work to climate science. It dramatically increases their chances of getting funding (unless they fail to follow the warmist party line, of course).

So global warming has crept into all sorts of other fields: entymology, medicine, biology, psychology, criminology, you name it.

Now, if I could connect neuroscience with global warming somehow I'd have it made. No lie, if it would mean getting some money I could AGW with the best of them. :mrgreen:

Now, if I could connect neuroscience with global warming somehow I'd have it made. No lie, if it would mean getting some money I could AGW with the best of them. :mrgreen:

People think slower the hotter it gets? That people are getting dumber is self-evident, so you just have to find a heat-related tie-in to that ;)

And the people who say we aren't warming are idiots? :roll:

Yet another TROLLING anti-science/anti-intellect string that oft DEFACES this section.

Right Wing HACKS, who rarely have anything to say on science except climate denial, dirty up this section again.

One may disagree with 90+% of the World's Climate scientists and more than half the world's population, but to call them "warmist kooks" is Stupid Partisan Hack Trolling.

All the above Clownery has everything to do with Right wing Politics and NOTHING to do with science.

See:
http://www.debatepolitics.com/envir...t-right-has-turned-science-into-politics.html
For where these Trolls get their ideas.

I know this is anecdotal, but...I worked in a big city OR for years. As soon as it got over 80F the gun and knife club came out. We would go weeks in the winter time without a good shootout or stabbing or something. As soon as it got hot we had one big trauma a night, often more.

Whew boy, sounds VERY scarey. We better do something about global warming-QUICK!!

Actually I just said it was when it got hot out. But yea, it would probably be a good idea for us to be good stewards of the earth until we are absolutly sure we dont contribute to global warming.
Whew boy, sounds VERY scarey. We better do something about global warming-QUICK!!

Back
Top Bottom