• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

More bias from the Washington Post

Grim17

Battle Ready
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
The description of this in the last paragraph says it all... "This is not even bias anymore; this is information management."

The Washington Post Watches Bob Etheridge and Yawns
June 15, 2010 9:04 AM
By Jim Geraghty

The Washington Post, the newspaper than mentioned “Macaca” in approximately 100 articles, op-eds, editorials about the 2006 Virginia Senate race between George Allen and Jim Webb, watches the video of Rep. Bob Etheridge, North Carolina Democrat, physically assaulting a questioner and concludes it warrants three paragraphs on page C3, in the Reliable Source gossip column.

The opening sentence? “So what really happened when Rep. Bob Etheridge ran into a couple of self-described ‘students’ on the streets of D.C. last week?”

David Weigel, who used the term “hug” in his initial report on the altercation and has been receiving furious e-mails since, is cited; the Post should have let him write an actual print story on this. In this news nugget, there is little or no description beyond ‘grabbing the wrist’ of one of the young men.

This is not even bias anymore; this is information management, designed to ensure those who pick up the print version of the Post never encounter what the blogosphere is buzzing about.

The Washington Post Watches Bob Etheridge and Yawns - The Campaign Spot - National Review Online

A National Review article complaining about bias is so :lamo

The description of this in the last paragraph says it all... "This is not even bias anymore; this is information management.".

Propaganda is information management. Let's not kid ourselves that the media is participating and enabling this current Washington Administrations propaganda. As we see, those who agree with the current Administration dismiss it and laugh it off (right out of Alinsky's Rules for Radicals) and therefore defer having to address it. The question isn't how this will play in Washington's inner circiles of politics, but how it plays outside of the beltway. The facts show Obama's prom king status is eroding - but slowly.

A National Review article complaining about bias is so :lamo

Regardless of the source, the point is fairly spot on. I first learned of the video while reading that blog on the wash post site. I didn't bother to watch the video at that point because it seemed incredibly minor. It was only later after seeing a few more articles about it that I bothered to watch it and saw an entirely different reality than Dave Weigel.

Who TMZ'd Rep. Bob Etheridge?

Do you fully support the Obama agenda?" asked one of the students.

"Who are you?" asked Etheridge, grabbing one of the cameras and pointing it down -- a move more typically seen from Hollywood bodyguards than congressmen. The second camera rolled as Etheridge, irritated, held the wrist of the first cameraman, then pulled the student to his side and grabbed him in a hug.

But without any name or organizational support, just by riling up a member of Congress, the students have created the first conservative meme of the week. They seem to have learned from organizations such as ThinkProgress that any video of a member acting strangely, no matter how grainy, is grist for the Web.

It certainly seemed like he was downplaying the incident.

Regardless of the source, the point is fairly spot on. I first learned of the video while reading that blog on the wash post site. I didn't bother to watch the video at that point because it seemed incredibly minor. It was only later after seeing a few more articles about it that I bothered to watch it and saw an entirely different reality than Dave Weigel.

It certainly seemed like he was downplaying the incident.

This is the problem with most newspapers, they report items and slant their reporting based on whether they are Democrat or Republican minded.

Newspapers should simply report incidents without any political overtones.

They can always use their OP ED columns to further comment.

I prefer to view several reports of a particular piece of news that may interest me, that way I tend to get a more balanced viewpoint.

The description of this in the last paragraph says it all... "This is not even bias anymore; this is information management."

Pretty thin as always, Grim.

It was a one-arm hug. Did you not see the video? No warmth, but what would you call it?

Pretty thin as always, Grim.

It was a one-arm hug. Did you not see the video? No warmth, but what would you call it?

Are you seriously defending his actions?

Just take a look at the grip he has on that kids wrist and get back to me.

Are you seriously defending his actions?

Just take a look at the grip he has on that kids wrist and get back to me.

No, I'm just laughing at your attempt to find bias.

Defending? No. But it is funny watching those little assholes shake in their loafers, and wet their khaki pants... "we're just students, sir"...

Very funny.:lol:

Funny like two neighborhood kids trying to play a prank on the Munsters and running smack into Herman.

These little cowards couldn't even give the name of the their school. I'm sure the school appreciates that.:mrgreen:

Yes, WaPo is liberal, National Review is conservative. Crazy I know. Curious as to how NR handled "Macaca" actually, I always love watching partisans rush to defend their brethren.

Back
Top Bottom