• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

More Bad Russian News For Republicans

calamity

Privileged
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Centrist
Accused Russian spy Maria Butina appears to reach plea deal

New twist. I wonder what the prosecution gets out of the plea deal?

Accused Russian spy Maria Butina appears to have reached a plea deal with federal prosecutors. Butina is accused of trying to infiltrate Republican political circles and party leaders during the 2016 campaign in order to advance Russian interests, and prosecutors have said the former American University student was in touch with politically powerful Russians about her activities in the US.

Her attorneys and prosecutors on Monday filed a two-page request for a "change of plea" hearing as soon as Tuesday.​

It is interesting how you can lock someone up in solitary for months until they go insane, bankrupt, and they will say what you want.

It wont be the first time a dude crashes his life over a hot chick either.

At this point just let it play out and see what is what.

Court Docs.

Not that this is material to anything, but I never followed the logic that she was hot. But I guess that sort of thing is all in the eye of the beholder.

Fake nooz. Obama! Benghazi! Underpants! HILLARY!

Or, 'See, the Trump administration rebuked the attempt'. I personally will be interested in how much the NRA organization gets involved

Not that this is material to anything, but I never followed the logic that she was hot. But I guess that sort of thing is all in the eye of the beholder.

Looking at who she targeted. She was the wolf. He was the lamb. Dumbo is still visiting her in prison.

Why would Republicans begin to sweat?

At best, they are victims.

LOL! Republicans are ALWAYS the victims.

This is likely VERY bad news for the NRA which means, in turn, in terms of fundraising, it's very bad news for republicans.

Duh.

Looking at who she targeted. She was the wolf. He was the lamb. Dumbo is still visiting her in prison.

Okay, well, just because she's "hot" to somebody more homely than herself is no explanation for why anybody else would think she's "hot."

But we've hijacked this thread long enough.

Quoting the liars at CNN is meaningless. Care to talk about the collusion by Hillary to get millions from the Russians on the uranium on deal????

Re: Accused Russian spy Maria Butina appears to reach plea deal

Accused Russian spy Maria Butina appears to have reached a plea deal with federal prosecutors. Butina is accused of trying to infiltrate Republican political circles and party leaders during the 2016 campaign in order to advance Russian interests, and prosecutors have said the former American University student was in touch with politically powerful Russians about her activities in the US.

Her attorneys and prosecutors on Monday filed a two-page request for a "change of plea" hearing as soon as Tuesday.​

Ooooh. This is the Russian who infiltrated the NRA.

Stay tuned, folks. The plot gets thicker by the week!

I wonder if her friends in the NRA will step forward to help her.

It is interesting how you can lock someone up in solitary for months until they go insane, bankrupt, and they will say what you want.

Court Docs.

Huh. It might be interesting if that were actually happening here, but it's not.

Care to talk about the collusion by Hillary to get millions from the Russians on the uranium on deal????

Sure, why don't you start a thread about it instead of trying to hijack this was with your deflections?

How are they victims?

"Butina is accused of trying to infiltrate Republican political circles and party leaders during the 2016 campaign in order to advance Russian interests... "

Maybe something, maybe nothing. :shrug: Most people take plea deals without having to give anything to investigators beyond an "I'm Guilty" plea.

And if there is something? No use speculating about it as we'll find out eventually anyways.

"Butina is accused of trying to infiltrate Republican political circles and party leaders during the 2016 campaign in order to advance Russian interests... "

So again: how are they victims?

I wonder if her friends in the NRA will step forward to help her.

That might be a little tough. Now that they got trump elected, I guess Russia isn't feeding them money anymore to launder to trump.

NRA says it’s broke and on the verge of collapse

The deep-pocketed NRA claims it’s going broke and may soon “be unable to exist” — and blames Gov. Andrew Cuomo for its purported poverty, according to a recent court document that’s part of its lawsuit against the state.

The pro-gun lobby — which gave a record $21 million to Donald Trump’s 2016 presidential campaign — said it’s headed to the poorhouse because a state agency told insurers to cut ties with the association and slapped a $7 million fine on NRA insurance broker Lockton Cos.​

LOL! Republicans are ALWAYS the victims.

This is likely VERY bad news for the NRA which means, in turn, in terms of fundraising, it's very bad news for republicans.

Duh.

Did the NRA work with her in her attempts to infiltrate Republican political circles? Or was the NRA one of the political circles she was attempting to infiltrate?

Back
Top Bottom