• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

More 'bad' from Obamacare..

Arbo

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
The rules and regulations involving third party companies and health providers are already pretty strict. The whole 'gift' thing is tracked pretty hard core. Meaning you are a service guy on equipment at a hospital, you can't bring in coffee or many other things as it is seen as 'bribes' by the government.

Well Obamacare is moving it up a notch. You will shortly not even be able to comp overtime to the customer. Meaning you are working on a system and the clock ticks to the end of their coverage time (via their contract)... right now, you keep working and just comp an hour or two that it takes to finish up so they are not hit with a bill, as it makes more sense to finish the job than to leave and come back. Now that comp time is seen as a 'bribe' just like coffee.

So now you MUST pack up and leave their system, which means what? It will still be non-usable in the morning as the work is not done. Patients will need to be re-scheduled, which means more lost revenue for the hosptial, which means raised rates to make up for the loss.

In the end, higher costs for patients, and more frustration with rescheduled appointments and availability of equipment for needed procedures.

Just pointing out yet another downward slide for medicine due to Obamacare.

The rules and regulations involving third party companies and health providers are already pretty strict. The whole 'gift' thing is tracked pretty hard core. Meaning you are a service guy on equipment at a hospital, you can't bring in coffee or many other things as it is seen as 'bribes' by the government.

Well Obamacare is moving it up a notch. You will shortly not even be able to comp overtime to the customer. Meaning you are working on a system and the clock ticks to the end of their coverage time (via their contract)... right now, you keep working and just comp an hour or two that it takes to finish up so they are not hit with a bill, as it makes more sense to finish the job than to leave and come back. Now that comp time is seen as a 'bribe' just like coffee.

So now you MUST pack up and leave their system, which means what? It will still be non-usable in the morning as the work is not done. Patients will need to be re-scheduled, which means more lost revenue for the hosptial, which means raised rates to make up for the loss.

In the end, higher costs for patients, and more frustration with rescheduled appointments and availability of equipment for needed procedures.

Just pointing out yet another downward slide for medicine due to Obamacare.

Could actually elaborate a little on this? Like one please tell us the section of the bills that actually prevent this so we know that it is actually obamacare, and also we can see the reasons and implementation that causes this. There is too much misinformation and lies out there to truly just take anyone word on it.

Also, having worked for, and knowing many who have worked for, companies that provide contracted support for corporate clients I have not seen what you are talking about. For instance i used to work for IBM where they contracted out their IT support to other companies. The companies set a SLA contract which sets forth onsite techs, working hours, and contains provisions for emergencies which require OT work. They are simply not left out in the cold because something happens beyond the contract. There is always a way to bill for that extra work. NHC was technically support for north Caroline healthcare, and that situation might have been possible there, but only in non-essential areas like a clinic and certainly not in the emergency hospital areas which were always about get it done and worry about the billing later. I have also never heard of anyone bringing in donuts or other things to work and being told it is bribery. I actually know managers who have suggested to certain contract employees who were introverted that they put out a candy bowl or something cheap to help make people feel more comfortable with them.

Really, this sounds like a lot of fear mongering and BS until I see something beyond your opinion of it. Really, who is going to go turn you in for bringing in some coffee for everyone and being a nice guy contractor. I might see a hospital being a little cautious about bringing in potential contaminated materials from outside, and i know that many are pretty strict on bringing in things due to policy, but that mainly applies to secure areas. Not to mention hospitals have to be a little extra careful due to regulations on them in regards to protection of information and not anything to do with Obamacare so it would be nice if you could point to the exact areas where these things are prohibited so we know if it is an Obamacare thing and not just something that applies to hospital security that has nothing to do with the implementation of obamacare.

There is too much misinformation and lies out there to truly just take anyone word on it.

I really don't care what you think or believe. It is a reality, and it will cause costs to go up and quality to go down. I live it every damn day.

I really don't care what you think or believe. It is a reality, and it will cause costs to go up and quality to go down. I live it every damn day.

But you've leveled a very specific criticism here, not this vague quality/cost thing you mention now. You have a specific objection and were asked what it's based on. How did you come across this information? You didn't provide a link, so I'm leanings towards "some guy told me."

But you've leveled a very specific criticism here, not this vague quality/cost thing you mention now. You have a specific objection and were asked what it's based on. How did you come across this information? You didn't provide a link, so I'm leanings towards "some guy told me."

I work in the field. I see what is happening. I hear from the top bosses in a multi-billion dollar, international company, what we can no longer due based on the law.

I am not here to do you homework for you, I am just putting out the truth of yet one more reason costs will go up, and quality will go down.

So in other words it is not reality, you are fantasizing. You pulled stuff out of your butt or read some blog and you cannot actually tell us where these things happen because you really do not know they are.

I work in the field. I see what is happening. I hear from the top bosses in a multi-billion dollar, international company, what we can no longer due based on the law.

I am not here to do you homework for you, I am just putting out the truth of yet one more reason costs will go up, and quality will go down.

If it is based on a law you can tell us the law. if not then you are just making stuff up. I don't have any reason to believe some guy on the internet when he says he heard from some nondescript guys who no one knows that this is actually happening. You have no credibility or any evidence to back up any part of your claim. Right now it is a paranoid lie you cannot even prove happens.

And I was told by the owners of my company, a well respected engineering firm, that when Obama Care was passed, they were going to have to switch all employees to new plans because they were forced to under ObamaCare. Turns out we are keeping our exact same plans, except a few of the guys up at work can leave there kids on the plans a little bit longer (which they all like) and that ObamaCare got rid of our million dollar payout limit. So you can't just say "these guys are important and they told me!" You need actual proof.

If it is based on a law you can tell us the law. if not then you are just making stuff up. I don't have any reason to believe some guy on the internet when he says he heard from some nondescript guys who no one knows that this is actually happening. You have no credibility or any evidence to back up any part of your claim. Right now it is a paranoid lie you cannot even prove happens.

My lord your ignorance knows no bounds. I remember now why I had you on my list so as not to be bothered with such ignorance. Bye again.

And I was told by the owners of my company, a well respected engineering firm, that when Obama Care was passed, they were going to have to switch all employees to new plans because they were forced to under ObamaCare. Turns out we are keeping our exact same plans, except a few of the guys up at work can leave there kids on the plans a little bit longer (which they all like) and that ObamaCare got rid of our million dollar payout limit. So you can't just say "these guys are important and they told me!" You need actual proof.

No, I don't need to do homework for those too damn lazy to do it themselves.

You really expect people to believe that Obamacare outlaws people working overtime in order to fix medical equipment? And this wasn't talked about during that year long debate of ObamaCare?

I just don't trust or believe you.

You really expect people to believe that Obamacare outlaws people working overtime in order to fix medical equipment? And this wasn't talked about during that year long debate of ObamaCare?

I just don't trust or believe you.

I don't give a crap what or who you trust or believe. It is a reality.

No, I don't need to do homework for those too damn lazy to do it themselves.

You're the one that was too lazy and ignorant to do your research before posting this thread. What kind of a person spouts out nonsense and then has the gall to tell people "it's not my job to provide any kind of basis for my claims!"

It is a reality.

I guess your false reality is actually a type of reality. So you go ahead and believe what ever you want. Click your heels together three times and see what happens.

My lord your ignorance knows no bounds. I remember now why I had you on my list so as not to be bothered with such ignorance. Bye again.

Oh horrible me actually wanting you to state the actual restrictions you were complaining about and forcing you to back up your lies. Please feel free to ignore any requests for proof of your delusions, it won't change the fact they are simply not true.

You're the one that was too lazy and ignorant to do your research before posting this thread.

I did it. I know what the law says.

This is what a life of getting handouts does to someone like you... you expect everyone to work for you.

Now that you have dug a nice big hole, start educating yourselves:

The American Spectator : The Criminal Intent of ObamaCare

That is enough for you to find the rest of the story...

That is not a law, that is a blog, and quite the biased tripe at that. I see nowhere in that entire bit of chicken littling that says you cannot bring donuts in or that contractors will be forced to go home before completing jobs and endanger the health of patients. What is worse is this is a poor interpretation of the law and it's effects with little actual legal precedent and judicial interpretation to back up it's outlandish claims. The best it was able to come up with was some slippery slope argument that obama is trying to criminalize everyone.

it is clear that you have no idea of what sections of the laws you are referring to and cannot back up your outlandish claims. your attempt to use a crappy source doesn't do anything but show you are gullible and poorly informed.

I have no idea what you said, but I'm pretty sure it has nothing to do with the topic and isn't worth reading. When you EDUCATE YOURSELF on the issue, get back to the thread. Though I doubt that is possible.

I have no doubt you are just digging your hole much deeper.

I provided a starting point, you need to quit being lazy and ignorant.

I have no idea what you said, but I'm pretty sure it has nothing to do with the topic and isn't worth reading. When you EDUCATE YOURSELF on the issue, get back to the thread. Though I doubt that is possible.

I have no doubt you are just digging your hole much deeper.

I provided a starting point, you need to quit being lazy and ignorant.

Ignoring actually means ignoring, but if you want to actually argue your point you might actually want to show it to us because you have no credibility left anymore. Oh, and feel free to keep on doing this, it doesn't seem to make much difference if you defend your position or not because you really have yet to actually defend your position at all.

Anyway, feel free to actually come up with an argument at some point.

I did it. I know what the law says.
You did nothing except drink koolaid.
This is what a life of getting handouts does to someone like you... you expect everyone to work for you.

No, I expect people to back up their claims. You can't make an ignorant claim and ask me to disprove it before you've proven it. That's like asking someone to disprove bigfoot while not even providing any evidence for it's existence.

And I'll just ignore the whole "handout" thing. Just another claim with no evidence from you. How typical...

I provided a starting point,

A starting point?

Lol, that's a very generous term for the big **** you dropped on the forum on your original post.

y-u-no-believe-me.jpg

It is realized that you don't want to do any sort of digging (ie work) on your own. Probably due the inability more than the fear that it will upset your already lame beliefs.

The hint was the anti-kickback laws, and what obamacare does to it...

There was no ignorance in the claim, but clearly there is a whole boatload of it in the two that are too lazy to look into it... it's much easier to flail about and dig that hole.

So, yes, actually, some guy told you.

It is realized that you don't want to do any sort of digging (ie work) on your own. Probably due the inability more than the fear that it will upset your already lame beliefs.

The hint was the anti-kickback laws, and what obamacare does to it...

There was no ignorance in the claim, but clearly there is a whole boatload of it in the two that are too lazy to look into it... it's much easier to flail about and dig that hole.

Conservative economic policies are devastating to the long-term economy. I'm not going to do your homework for you, look it up if you're still ignorant as to why.

So, yes, actually, some guy told you.

Conservative economic policies are devastating to the long-term economy. I'm not going to do your homework for you, look it up if you're still ignorant as to why.

More nonsense from someone on the left too lazy to do their homework. Figures.

Back
Top Bottom