• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

More Americans blame Trump for government shutdown

Dittohead not!

master political analyst
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
NEW YORK/WASHINGTON (Reuters) - More Americans blame President Donald Trump than congressional Democrats for the partial U.S. government shutdown, according to a Reuters/Ipsos poll released on Thursday, as the closure stretched into its sixth day with no end in sight. ​

Blame? What do they mean, "blame?" I thought Trump was "proud" to shut down the government.

Don't forget:

Just 35 percent of those surveyed in the opinion poll said they backed including money for the wall in a congressional spending bill. Only 25 percent said they supported Trump shutting down the government over the matter.

No one cares about the wall, particularly if Mexico is not paying for it.

MSM gives the blame label. Talk to them about "blame"

Yeah, it must be more "fake" news. Everyone knows that shutting down the government is a good thing for which the president should be proud. We should "credit" the president, not blame him.

His approval ratings are dipping back down into "Nazis are good people"-incident territory. Let's see if that starts to bother him.

Blame? What do they mean, "blame?" I thought Trump was "proud" to shut down the government.

I was wondering why Yahoo didn't include a link to the actual poll, it's numbers and methodology, so I went to the Reuters article about the poll and guess what...they don't include that info either.

If Reuters isn't honest enough to provide that info then I see no point in giving any credence to their poll.

Dismissed.

Of course this is all on Trump.

The trouble for Trump is that he has lied so much he can't remember what he said in the previous lie. First he said Mexico will pay for it then he said he was proud to take ownership of shutting the govt down. Now he said its the Dems fault.

And now he reveals that most of the Federal workers laid off are Dems so the doesn't give a rat's ass about any of them.

It's on ****ing video and you're trying to lie about it? Seriously?

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

TRUMP: You want to put that on my--

SEN. CHUCK SCHUMER, (D-NY), SENATE MINORITY LEADER: You said it.

TRUMP: I'll take it.

SCHUMER: OK. Good. TRUMP: You know what I'll say? Yes. If we don't get what we want one way or the other, whether it's through you, through a military, through anything you want to call, I will shut down the government.

SCHUMER: OK. Fair enough. We disagree.

TRUMP: And I am proud--

SCHUMER: We disagree.

TRUMP: And I am proud to shut down the government for border security, Chuck. I will take the mantle. I will be the one to shut it down. I'm not going to blame you for it.

(END VIDEO CLIP)

CNN.com - Transcripts

"Blame" was indeed Trump's word.

What an idiotic knee-jerk lie you told.

The pollsters used the word "blame" and 46.8% of respondents said "Trump".

So not MSM, the sampled group at 46.8%.

Odd how the O/P left out that part of his article where the American public blames Democrats almost five to one compared to their blame for the Republicans.

33 percent blame Democrats in Congress, according to the Dec. 21-25 poll, conducted mostly after the shutdown began. Seven percent of Americans blamed congressional Republicans.

I was wondering why Yahoo didn't include a link to the actual poll, it's numbers and methodology, so I went to the Reuters article about the poll and guess what...they don't include that info either.

If Reuters isn't honest enough to provide that info then I see no point in giving any credence to their poll.

Dismissed.

Not to worry, everyone knows what your position is.........:shock:

Last edited:
He is......

That's right. He's the one using the term "blame." If he's so proud of it, he should say "praise" or "credit" instead.

Oh, but then he shifted the (insert description here) to the Democrats. He can't give them any "praise" or "credit" can he?

I'm thinking the Democrat majority House will pass the 7 funding CRs (with $1.3 billion in border security) on January 3rd or 4th.

McConnell will have a decision .... allow the Senate to vote on the CRs or refuse and shoulder partial responsibility for the continuing government shutdown.

If McConnell and the GOP Senate is as politically astute as I believe they are, the bipartisan passed CRs will then go to Trumps desk.

Fat Boy will then have to decide, if front of the entire nation, to sign or refuse to sign the 7 CRs passed by Congress to fund the government.

Odd how the O/P left out that part of his article where the American public blames Democrats almost five to one compared to their blame for the Republicans.

33 percent blame Democrats in Congress, according to the Dec. 21-25 poll, conducted mostly after the shutdown began. Seven percent of Americans blamed congressional Republicans.

Why would anyone blame the Congressional Republicans? They aren't the ones shutting down the government. Trump is the one to take the blame/praise for that one.

You misspelled “mantle.”

“You want to know something? I’ll take it,” he said at the time. “I will shut down the government. I am proud to shut down the government. I will take the mantle.”

Why would anyone blame the Congressional Republicans? They aren't the ones shutting down the government. Trump is the one to take the blame/praise for that one.

If the Senate ignores the CRs that Pelosi's House will be sending in a few days, that number might start to change for Congressional Republicans.

For now, Trump has proudly claimed the mantle.

If a thread creator posts something from an article, but supplies a link to said article, do you think omissions from the linked article equal something nefarious?

It doesn't really matter, Trump already accepted the blame, said he'd take the saddle on this one. He's to blame for the shutdown by his own admission.

But that was Yesterday Trump. Today Trump wants to blame the Congressional Democrats.

Did you notice that Trump is not the only one they blame?
It's not boding well for Trump or the congressional Democrats.
IOW, even though Trump accepts full responsibility for the shutdown, the American public sees it differently.

Back
Top Bottom