• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Morality just isn't Republicans' thing anymore

Spunkylama

Requested Profile Delete. Bye
Banned
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed

Morality just isn't Republicans' thing anymore​

Republicans have taken the low ground with ‘groomer’ accusations​

The party of "traditional values" seems to have lost track of what they are, and has decided to go about as low as you possibly can to retake the moral high ground. To make themselves feel better, Republicans have gone far beyond the traditional accusations of loose living and government sponging to calling Democrats pedophiles as well. At first the charge of pedophilia was limited to the more fetid swamps of QAnon, but recent, more mainstream, GOP talking points are all about "groomers" — predators who make nice to their young victims before striking.

But why this particular attack, and why now?

snip

The party of "traditional values" seems to have lost track of what they are, and has decided to go about as low as you possibly can to retake the moral high ground. To make themselves feel better, Republicans have gone far beyond the traditional accusations of loose living and government sponging to calling Democrats pedophiles as well. At first the charge of pedophilia was limited to the more fetid swamps of QAnon, but recent, more mainstream, GOP talking points are all about "groomers" — predators who make nice to their young victims before striking.

snip

I have t read your post yet but just wanted to comment on the avatar color. I like it

Now after reading my suspicions are confirmed. The avie color makes it easy to scroll past on the homepage

I have t read your post yet but just wanted to comment on the avatar color. I like it

Now after reading my suspicions are confirmed. The avie color makes it easy to scroll past on the homepage
I'm heart broken.

snip

Please name the ten most prominent Republicans who are calling Democrats "pedophiles." Be sure to include evidence of this.

The article states it plainly - in a word? Trump.

In this context (morality) Trumpists identify with Trump because his behavior all too often mirrors their own.

In this context (morality) Trumpists hate Obama because as a family man he more closely embodies what the right claims was important to them about family and marriage than does Trump or even themselves.

"...tolerance of serious wrong by leaders sears the conscience of the culture, spawns unrestrained immorality and lawlessness in the society, and surely results in God's judgment." - Southern Baptist Convention

And yet Southern Baptists, like many evangelicals, overwhelmingly approve of Trump, whose adultery, corruption, mendacity, and shallowness should shock them to their core.

And rather than hold themselves and their leaders to the moral standards they claim to champion, they instead go the other route - accusing their political opponents of being something so much worse that their own moral failings don't feel so bad (e.g. accusations of pedophilia).

Standing by for the inevitable deflection (BUH BUH BUH LIBZ!) and dodging any serious look at how Trumpism has utterly exposed the rotten core of the "Moral Majority."

So MGT is the best you can come up with, as an emblem of what "Republicans" believe?
Why are republicans allowing QAnon ***** to represent their mesaages? There were several republicans listed in the multiple articles I linked. But I guess one would have to be willing to read them.

Why are republicans allowing QAnon ***** to represent their mesaages? There were several republicans listed in the multiple articles I linked. But I guess one would have to be willing to read them.

I'm not going to read through a bunch of likely irrelevant articles to find a list of names to make your argument for you. Use your words.

I'm not going to read through a bunch of likely irrelevant articles to find a list of names to make your argument for you. Use your words.
It's okay just say reading is hard for you.

snip

News for ya-------------it never WAS a "Republican Thing"

MTG speaks for a lot of Republican voters. She says the quiet part out loud.
As does Gaetz.

And Boebert.

And DeSantis.

And Abbott.

And of course, Trump.

And then there's the meek lickspittles like Cruz and Graham who will happily eat whatever crumbs fall from the Trump table.

Apart from Liz Cheney (who is censored and marginalized by the GOP), are there any Republicans with balls tan enough to man up and challenge these Trumpist loons who were once fringe but are now mainstream?

Lame excuse for hiding behind a link that doesn't support your claim.
Wrong again but I will be nice and not hold it against you. Actually reading posted articles and understanding what they say will help your arguments. Try it..

Wrong again but I will be nice and not hold it against you. Actually reading posted articles and understanding what they say will help your arguments. Try it..

Sorry, I've been doing this too long. Reading articles posted by someone to supposedly support a point is almost always a total waste of time when the links are not accompanied by any actual statement by the poster.

Feel free to make a point using your own words any time the urge overcomes you. Any time you want to post that list of names....

Back
Top Bottom