• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Morality and Ethics: God-derived or human-derived

I am not justifying anything. Some feel their action or societal norms are justified in themselves.
Does your level of outrage regarding rape rise no higher than well, "some feel their action or societal norms are justified in themselves"? I'd bet good money that it does.

Once again, the position of moral relativism isn't obviously true. Probably not even to you.

Does your level of outrage regarding rape rise no higher than well, "some feel their action or societal norms are justified in themselves"? I'd bet good money that it does.
This is not about me. If you want to discuss morality, especially objective morality, then it might help if you remain objective as well.
Once again, the position of moral relativism isn't obviously true. Probably not even to you.
Neither is moral absolutism.

If yours and Gordy's claim is that rape isn't objectively immoral, or that you need someone to "explain what morality is" or rape is a "moral judgment" born out of some kangaroo court then the bridge for us to gap is probably too wide. Again, my assertion is that what seems obvious probably represents reality, unless we have some strong defeater to the contrary. My position seems more right, and absent some sort of very extraordinary argument that I haven't seen, probably is right.

Naturalism's logical extension on morality ultimately backs its adherents into a corner and forces them to make claims on a message board that they wouldn't dare speak to their friends and family in real life.

Once again, you use the subjective term rape, which begs the question. The question is, what forms of sexual activity are immoral and why are they immoral? All morality stems from such questions and how each social group answers them. Human behavior preceded human judgments of that behavior, not the other way around. There is no built in moral code that informs a human being about the should or should not of their actions.

Recent research studies wouldn't agree to that.
Looks like morality is also hardwired on humans.
Even 3-year-olds have a sense of justice Researchers find advanced moral reasoning in young children
1652393335974.png

Last edited:
In some cases, I'm not sure a correct answer exists without compromising one's core values. :D
I tend to think any answer will result in acute injury, the severity of which is directly proportional to the quality of the answer given. Lol

I tend to think any answer will result in acute injury, the severity of which is directly proportional to the quality of the answer given. Lol

Yes, agreed, the wrong answer may cause a health issue, and do we need to burden the health system any further during such times as these?

Yes, agreed, the wrong answer may cause a health issue, and do we need to burden the health system any further during such times as these?
Perhaps the best possible answer (to any question a "better half" asks for that matter) is, "you're perfect, I love you" followed by an exit with all due haste?

Perhaps the best possible answer (to any question a "better half" asks for that matter) is, "you're perfect, I love you" followed by an exit with all due haste?

Leaving a recoding of Billy Joel's 'Just the way you are' playing in the background.

I'm not sure if there is a correct answer to that question. 🤔
The correct answer is to pretend you didnt hear the question (good idea to flee as well in case it is repeated)

Back
Top Bottom