• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Moody’s: Dem Sweep Brings Economy back; Jobs

Aunt Antifa

Vaccinated-American
Banned
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive
“A victory for Democratic presidential nominee Joe Biden, a Democratic takeover of the Senate and defense of the party's House majority in the November elections would be the best outcome for the U.S. economy, according to an analysis released Wednesday by Moody’s Analytics.”

Trump is the biggest jobs killing Potus we have had since the last jobs killing GOP potus.

Trump says service people are losers. No donny, the people the R's elect to be president are losers. I think the base keeps electing people like W and trump just to make themselves feel better. An idiot to look down upon.

It certainly won't be on their own merit should there be a Dem/Biden sweep but due to a bad actor, Trump, being a psychopathic threat to democracy. The Reps speaking out against Trump, who happen not to be in office, may take back "their own party", but the Trump cult will still be Trumpsters and if the Rep officeholders don't remain Trumplicans, those still in office next time around may very well be primaried. Trump, if he wants, will still hold sway over 35% of the voters and a great majority of the primary Rep voters. It's not like when Trump leaves office, his voters go away or even He does.

“A victory for Democratic presidential nominee Joe Biden, a Democratic takeover of the Senate and defense of the party's House majority in the November elections would be the best outcome for the U.S. economy, according to an analysis released Wednesday by Moody’s Analytics.”

Trump is the biggest jobs killing Potus we have had since the last jobs killing GOP potus.
Cool. Moody's loves a tax and spend government. The article didn't mention it, but I'm sure Moody's loves excessive government regulations, too.

Main Street tells Moody's to get ****ed.

Cool. Moody's loves a tax and spend government. The article didn't mention it, but I'm sure Moody's loves excessive government regulations, too.

Main Street tells Moody's to get ****ed.

Can you please show me a quote where Moody’s states they love excessive government regulations, and tax and spend government.

Thx.

Can you please show me a quote where Moody’s states they love excessive government regulations, and tax and spend government.

Thx.
Their bias is inherent in the article and the results of their "study".

It certainly won't be on their own merit should there be a Dem/Biden sweep but due to a bad actor, Trump, being a psychopathic threat to democracy. The Reps speaking out against Trump, who happen not to be in office, may take back "their own party", but the Trump cult will still be Trumpsters and if the Rep officeholders don't remain Trumplicans, those still in office next time around may very well be primaried. Trump, if he wants, will still hold sway over 35% of the voters and a great majority of the primary Rep voters. It's not like when Trump leaves office, his voters go away or even He does.

My own bet is once Trump has no power to hurt anyone, his base will then swim to whomever can still help them with that. It seems to be the only thing they need in life, so they’re gonna search for a new food source.

The Moodys analysis and models are flawed. They use campaign stump speech promises and campaign website promises as the baseline premises to work up said hypothetical models. In there analysis they give Biden a 40% probability rating of even getting elected and a 20% probability rating of a clean sweep that supports the OP title.

What I found interesting was almost no mention of why the economy is at it’s current level, meaning Covid-19. It’s also glaring that the two economists that wrote the analysis seem to favor the Biden plan of almost 8 trillion in spending just to get the US back to pre-Covid levels.

I mean, just look at the equation prior to the pandemic. He and the GOP slashed taxes, exploded the deficit, slashed regulation, started a trade war, renegotiated usmca, signed a first phase China trade deal and still couldn't push the gdp metric over 3% annual. That should tell people something. For one thing, it's highly I repeat highly unsustainable, and therefore not really worth the trouble. It also leaves us in a terrible fiscal situation. We were getting similar gdp numbers without what has changed in the last 3 years. This stuff also likely worsens the economic disparity indicators between working and upper class. And isnt even considering the environmental and public health costs from the deregulation that wont appear for a few or more years.

My own bet is once Trump has no power to hurt anyone, his base will then swim to whomever can still help them that. It seems to be the only thing they need in life, so they’re gonna search for a new food source.

Whomever with Trump's blessing. He can continue spewing by tweet and plenty of press coverage. The 35% of the gullible Americans that can be fooled about anything will follow.

Back
Top Bottom