• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Months after Biden Promised to End Support for Yeman War, Congress Still has No Details

Oh wow. Hasn't canceled any Trump arm sales. Jesus, it's actually worse than I thought. Thank you for the correction.
What I corrected was your gross mischaracterization of Biden's Middle East policy. Which is in the process of taking shape. If you're looking for immediate simple answers to complicated issues you should probably look elsewhere.

What I corrected was your gross mischaracterization of Biden's Middle East policy. Which is in the process of taking shape. If you're looking for immediate simple answers to complicated issues you should probably look elsewhere.
He's following the Trump plan; sell guns and leave. It's identical...

He got more accomplished there than any modern President but this statement is unserious hyperbole and to be dismissed.
No, actually he didn't. The Israeli Mossad and the UAE Embassador are much more responsible for the agreements than any other person, especially our President. He didn't do a thing to push those through. They did all the work and setup all the necessary channels and talks over the last decade to setup those relations.

He's following the Trump plan; sell guns and leave. It's identical...
Whose leaving? Nobody leaving. He's clarifying the terms of how these weapons are to secured and the purposes under which they can be used or not used. Trump really didn't give a shit how they were used.

Whose leaving? Nobody leaving. He's clarifying the terms of how these weapons are to secured and the purposes under which they can be used or not used. Trump really didn't give a shit how they were used.
Biden is pulling out of Afghanistan, just like Trump was, and selling guns to people committing atrocities in Yemen, just like Trump was. It's identical.

The US also sells weapons to kill white Europeans, think of the Kosovo conflict, its a buisness. Race has zero to do with the motives in selling.

I didn't detect even a hint of disgust. Is that ambivalence I hear, or something worse; support?

I didn't detect even a hint of disgust. Is that ambivalence I hear, or something worse; support?
No

Its your partisan imagination running wild🙄

No, actually he didn't. The Israeli Mossad and the UAE Embassador are much more responsible for the agreements than any other person, especially our President. He didn't do a thing to push those through. They did all the work and setup all the necessary channels and talks over the last decade to setup those relations.
4 separate Arab nations moved forward with normalizing relations with Israel under Trump, which is more than anyone else has accomplished.

opinion noted.
Opinion? Fact? 4 Arab nations normalizing relations with Israel under Trump. No other President has gotten anything done at all.

Opinion? Fact? 4 Arab nations normalizing relations with Israel under Trump. No other President has gotten anything done at all.
You originally said:

He got more accomplished there than any modern President but this statement is unserious hyperbole and to be dismissed.

That is a great generalization and nothing more than an opinion.

Yep, let's keep selling weapons to people bombing civilians in Yemen, and ignore it because rich people's stocks are doing well.
I agree with your (sarcastic) comment and most of the OP.

@Schism

4 separate Arab nations moved forward with normalizing relations with Israel under Trump, which is more than anyone else has accomplished.
Wasn't it 3 nations that moved them forward last year, and they were working on them the last 10 years. They weren't his accomplishments because he had little to do with them. He didn't broker them or work them out, he basically just presided over them at their request because they liked him.

Also, these weren't really peace deals, they were basically setting up future alliances for conflicts with Iran. None of those countries likes Iran so better to have powerful allies that you don't care for against the big enemy none of you like. The enemy of my enemy is my friend fits perfectly here.

Biden is pulling out of Afghanistan, just like Trump was, and selling guns to people committing atrocities in Yemen, just like Trump was. It's identical.
Trump SAID the US would be out of Afghanistan in May. Biden SAYS September.

That isn't true. Israel has made such agreements (one or two) in the past, with other Presidents in office.

And we nor Israel was ever in conflict with either UAE or Bahrain.

You originally said:

That is a great generalization and nothing more than an opinion.
Cry all you want but it's demonstratively provable, as I just did.

Wasn't it 3 nations that moved them forward last year, and they were working on them the last 10 years. They weren't his accomplishments because he had little to do with them. He didn't broker them or work them out, he basically just presided over them at their request because they liked him.

Also, these weren't really peace deals, they were basically setting up future alliances for conflicts with Iran. None of those countries likes Iran so better to have powerful allies that you don't care for against the big enemy none of you like. The enemy of my enemy is my friend fits perfectly here.
I didn't say peace deals, I merely stated that he got more done than any other modern President. Your comment was ridiculous hyperbole as no one is saying that Trump established peace across the Middle East, as if no one realizes the conflicts between Saudi Arabia and Yemen (literally the topic of this thread). I could be wrong on the 4 countries though. I thought one more had hopped on right near the end.

But the two sides essentially took it into the open after six weeks of indirect talks through Jared Kushner, the president’s son-in-law and senior adviser, culminating in Thursday’s phone call between Mr. Trump, Mr. Netanyahu and Mohammed bin Zayed, the crown prince of Abu Dhabi and de facto ruler of the United Arab Emirates.

The deal gave Mr. Trump a much-welcomed breakthrough at a time when he has been struggling at home with a deadly pandemic and economic collapse amid a re-election contest that polls show he is losing. Both Israel and the Emirates, each for its own reasons, were happy to credit Mr. Trump to advance their positions in Washington, and the president plans to stage a celebratory White House signing ceremony in coming weeks.

Trump SAID the US would be out of Afghanistan in May. Biden SAYS September.
Yep. They are very closely aligned in most actions.

No

Its your partisan imagination running wild🙄

Feel free to express your position on Biden selling weapons to SA to bomb impoverished third-world children.

Feel free to express your position on Biden selling weapons to SA to bomb impoverished third-world children.
Feel free to apologize for words you put in my mouth which you know zip. You assume way too much.

Feel free to apologize for words you put in my mouth which you know zip. You assume way too much.

Now's your opportunity to correct the record and denounce Biden's Yeman body count.

Back
Top Bottom