• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Monkey Pox Now? Seriously?

Repent fine my penitent friend, just vote for the Party of the Savior and be on the right bandwagon.
You mean all I had to do was to denounce Latino people, ask for "the Hildebeast" to be locked up, attack the Capitol on 1/6, then called it "at tour"?

Had I done all the above you're saying - no covid or monkey pox?

Why didn't you tell us 3 years ago?

They say it's sexually transmitted so find whatever INCEL conservative ****ed the monkey and kick him outta your state.
Can you imagine if you were "patient zero" and everyone knew? It would be kinda difficult to come back from that one, don't you think? He might have trouble finding employment :)

We just had our first reported case in WA state and there are only 28 around the world.

My only commentary - What did we do to piss you off, God?

This is only a concern for those that are homosexual. Not really a problem for everyone else.

This is only a concern for those that are homosexual. Not really a problem for everyone else.
<applause for the first gay bash everyone>

Bravo, Bucky!

I bet it pairs nice with a little bird flu. Just give it a few weeks there will be a new boogeyman to lookout for

Monkeypox virus outbreaks are containable - WHO​

Monkeypox can be contained in countries outside of Africa where the virus is not usually detected, the World Health Organization (WHO) says.
More than 100 cases of the virus - which causes a rash and a fever - have been confirmed in Europe, the Americas and Australia.
That number is expected to rise still, but experts say the overall risk to the broader population is very low.
The virus is most common in remote parts of Central and West Africa.
"This is a containable situation," the WHO's emerging disease lead Maria Van Kerkhove said at a news conference on Monday.
"We want to stop human-to-human transmission. We can do this in the non-endemic countries," she added - referring to recent cases in Europe and North America.

The virus has now been detected in 16 countries outside Africa.
Despite being the largest outbreak outside of Africa in 50 years, monkeypox does not spread easily between people and experts say the threat is not comparable to the coronavirus pandemic.
"Transmission is really happening from skin-to-skin contact, most of the people who have been identified have more of a mild disease," Ms Van Kerkhove said.
Another WHO official added that there was no evidence the monkeypox virus had mutated, following earlier speculation over the cause of the current outbreak.
Viruses in this group "tend not to mutate and they tend to be fairly stable", said Rosamund Lewis, who heads the WHO's smallpox secretariat.
Image shows Monkeypox graphic

If covid resulted in those rashes/lesions you could bet conservatives would've taken it A LOT more seriously.

We just had our first reported case in WA state and there are only 28 around the world.

My only commentary - What did we do to piss you off, God?
OK, here's what we did. When told we could never return, we said bye God. When ever our own way created chaos, we only gave it more chaos. We disbelieved the missions and instead of trying to get out, we acted only to gratify ourselves.

So He let us screw up and slaughter up the Holy Indian cattle, upon which we were so called, "Finished."

At the White Horse (2020-2006, 2030.5) the so offended vegetarian cult rides out to conquer and has a thousand years to the Red Horse, a darker time, where the Meat eating cult has a big war probably. At the Black Horse comes the final purifications for the First Avatar, and in 2,500 years, the pale horse of science has its nuclear test and Avatar Tulsi. 2,500 years the Holy Name completes His work before the Martyrs Convergence and 2,500 years later the closing Avatar may reign for some time.

Monkey pox is much less serious than covid from what I am reading.

OK, here's what we did. When told we could never return, we said bye God. When ever our own way created chaos, we only gave it more chaos. We disbelieved the missions and instead of trying to get out, we acted only to gratify ourselves.

So He let us screw up and slaughter up the Holy Indian cattle, upon which we were so called, "Finished."

At the White Horse (2020-2006, 2030.5) the so offended vegetarian cult rides out to conquer and has a thousand years to the Red Horse, a darker time, where the Meat eating cult has a big war probably. At the Black Horse comes the final purifications for the First Avatar, and in 2,500 years, the pale horse of science has its nuclear test and Avatar Tulsi. 2,500 years the Holy Name completes His work before the Martyrs Convergence and 2,500 years later the closing Avatar may reign for some time.
giphy.gif

I bet it pairs nice with a little bird flu. Just give it a few weeks there will be a new boogeyman to lookout for
OMG-the Flying Monkeys from the Wizard of Oz are the vectors for this new plague!!

If covid resulted in those rashes/lesions you could bet conservatives would've taken it A LOT more seriously.
No. I really don't think it would have mattered as a matter of fact, wasn't some type of skin outbreak one of the symptoms - looks like not from covid, specifically but a side-symptom of the resperatory disease caused by covid which is kind of the same thing:

Common questions​

Are rashes a symptom of the coronavirus disease?

Dr. Choi says it’s actually quite common for people to get rashes when they’re battling this type of infection, especially viral respiratory ones.
“It’s not uncommon for someone to have a viral infection and have a rash or blotchy areas on their body. This can happen with other viral respiratory infections like measles. And sometimes, antibiotics might cause skin rashes,” says Dr. Choi. But at this time, there is no specific rash pattern that’s associated with COVID-19.
Nov 24, 2021

No. I really don't think it would have mattered as a matter of fact, wasn't some type of skin outbreak one of the symptoms - looks like not from covid, specifically but a side-symptom of the resperatory disease caused by covid which is kind of the same thing:

Common questions​

Are rashes a symptom of the coronavirus disease?

Dr. Choi says it’s actually quite common for people to get rashes when they’re battling this type of infection, especially viral respiratory ones.
“It’s not uncommon for someone to have a viral infection and have a rash or blotchy areas on their body. This can happen with other viral respiratory infections like measles. And sometimes, antibiotics might cause skin rashes,” says Dr. Choi. But at this time, there is no specific rash pattern that’s associated with COVID-19.
Nov 24, 2021

Not saying any type of skin outbreak would've changed sentiment. But a horrible-looking one like monkeypox or smallpox would have, imho. And not to downplay covid rashes (I'm sure they suck) but most of them appear like an allergic reaction or eczema. Just not enough to generate media buzz and social panic.

On the bright side, most people are already accepting of a pants mandate.

Back
Top Bottom