• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Monitoring Social Media

Rexedgar

Yo-Semite!
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
What does the law say about the government monitoring domestic social media?

There have been a few people trying to explain the government’s position, but all they have done is confuse the issue further. I would think that anything in the public domain should be fair game. If it is not specifically targeting individuals, I would think that it would be legal to monitor.

There was enough of Trump tweets and others to have made a case to be better prepared for the riot that happened 6JAN2021.

LEO's monitor social media sites all the time for pedophile's and men looking for underage girls, drug shipments, etc.

I don't know why they couldn't monitor social platform's for radical groups that pose a danger to the government.

There have been a few people trying to explain the government’s position, but all they have done is confuse the issue further. I would think that anything in the public domain should be fair game. If it is not specifically targeting individuals, I would think that it would be legal to monitor.

There was enough of Trump tweets and others to have made a case to be better prepared for the riot that happened 6JAN2021.

I guess it's going to take a few more skirmishes before people finally stop calling these "riots".
Many of the participants were militia, some were military and some were police, and you still think you're looking at a riot.
Unbelievable.

I guess it's going to take a few more skirmishes before people finally stop calling these "riots".
Many of the participants were militia, some were military and some were police, and you still think you're looking at a riot.
Unbelievable.

It was a putsch led by a lynch mob.

Certain words and phrases are Red Flags to the FBI, NSA, MI6, etc... they don't monitor regular day to day conversations about stuff...

Social media is a public forum, why would there be any thing to stop the government monitoring social media?

Back
Top Bottom