• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Money laundering case against DeLay moving forward

danarhea

Slayer of the DP Newsbot
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
AUSTIN, Texas — The judge in the money laundering case of former House Majority Leader Tom DeLay says he wants the ex-congressman from the Houston area to be tried first, before two co-defendants.

Trial date has yet to be set, but it is now certain that, first, Delay will be tried for money laundering and, if he is convicted, the evidence from that trial will be used to try John Colyandro and Jim Ellis for violations of the election code.

Article is here.

Looks like this is going to happen...
*puts on sunglasses*
*removes sunglasses*
...without delay.

(YEEEEAAAAAHHHHH)

*puts on sunglasses*
*removes sunglasses*
...without delay.

(YEEEEAAAAAHHHHH)

Boooo

Hisss

Trial date has yet to be set, but it is now certain that, first, Delay will be tried for money laundering and, if he is convicted, the evidence from that trial will be used to try John Colyandro and Jim Ellis for violations of the election code.

Article is here.

He will be accquitted just like the feds dropped the charges against him.

Nothing more than a witch hunt.

I am not so sure about that. About $190,000.00 went from TRMPAK to the RNC, then $190,000.00 went from the RNC to Republican congressional candidates in Texas. Sure looks like money laundering to me, but the court will have the final say in this.

The guys a slick car salesman. I have no respect him.

How'd Obama finance his campaigning early on?

I am not so sure about that. About $190,000.00 went from TRMPAK to the RNC, then $190,000.00 went from the RNC to Republican congressional candidates in Texas. Sure looks like money laundering to me, but the court will have the final say in this.

Then why did the Feds drop the charges?

I vaguely recall the details to this case and from what i remember this has all the potential to ****splatter over damn near every big name democrat and republican over the last 15 years or so...

so I say by all means...press forward!

*puts on sunglasses*
*removes sunglasses*
...without delay.

(YEEEEAAAAAHHHHH)

Dont quit your day job.

Unless your day job is as a matinee stand-up comedian. In which case... ;)

Bah, I once again confuse this forum for every other forum I've ever been to, where the average age is twenty years younger and people actually understand internet memes. Just forget I said anything and move on.

Bah, I once again confuse this forum for every other forum I've ever been to, where the average age is twenty years younger and people actually understand internet memes. Just forget I said anything and move on.

or people COULD appreciate your comment and be making joking responses back...

Then why did the Feds drop the charges?

The money laundering charge has nothing to do with Federal law, but the laws of the state of Texas, which make it a felony for PACs to directly fund candidates. That's why TRMPAC attempted to use the RNC to hide what it was doing. And, of course, TRMPAC was caught red handed. The Federal charges were something else, and the Feds had a weak case there, so they dropped it.

Delay was a powerful politician and did what powerful politicians do. Ronnie Earl is a bit of a cartoon and was semi-obsessed to even pull off the indictment. Without Earl around anymore to fan flames, suspect these charges will soon get dropped.

Back
Top Bottom