• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Monday I get shot

JacksinPA

Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive
Phone rang midday. It was a nurse at my PCP's office. She asked if I wanted the vaccine. I'm now scheduled Monday PM at the hospital.

I had cancelled two elective procedures until after I was vaccinated. Depending on the vaccine, I have 3-4 weeks for shot #2, then another 3-4 weeks before I develop maximum immunity. I'm going to wait for shot #2 before I reschedule those procedures.

I have a cache of the virus' main protease (Mpro) inhibitors, all from commercial sources like Amazon. When visiting the hospital, where they are quite vigilant about checking everyone's temperature, I take a melatonin capsule an hour before leaving from home.

Regarding Vitamin D3, I take one 5K IU capsule with lunch. You're supposed to take this vitamin with fatty food, like my usual ham & cheese sandwich. I also take daily 50 mg of zinc.

While all these drugs are only preventative, they might at least allow me a mild case if I should get infected.

"Monday I get shot"

Muggers are scheduling appointments now, eh? Now that's entrepreneurial.

"Monday I get shot"

Muggers are scheduling appointments now, eh? Now that's entrepreneurial.

Perhaps I could have posted 'Monday I get jabbed.'

Whichever vaccine I get on Monday may not prevent me from catching COVID but I hope at least it gives you a much better chance of not getting a serious case where you spend months on a ventilator while the virus destroys your body. Patients who have survived report getting hospital bills in the tens of million $$$.

I hope Lilly & Regeneron are pushing their antibody cocktails. If I'm ever in the hospital with COVID, I would demand the cocktail. Look what a great job on Trump when he was in W-R. These therapeutics combat the virus in the short term but leave no permanent immunity.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom