• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Mom passed away this morning . . .

Peacefully, in her sleep. Her last words to me, last night, "I love you, too, Sweetheart."

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family Maggie. It hurts now, but never doubt that you did everything you could and gave freely of yourself when your mom needed you most. Knowing this helps you to accept the loss.

Take good care of yourself and know lots of people have you in their thoughts and prayers.

Hugs and condolences, Maggie. Take care of yourself while you do all that needs to be done.

Maggie, Thoughts and prayers for you in this time.
Life comes in stages, hold up your head and move forward into this next stage,
knowing you have done good in helping your Mother.
May many good things come your way for the kindness you gave to her, God Bless You!

Peacefully, in her sleep. Her last words to me, last night, "I love you, too, Sweetheart."

Please accept my heartfelt condolences. Many of us know what you are going through. I lost my own mother to complications of COPD just over six years ago. Many fond memories.

My deepest condolences Maggie. Your Mom raised a strong, smart, and loving daughter. She will live on because part of her is inside you. She has gone home to celebrate her life with the loved ones already there. God Bless.

Dave

Sorry for your loss Maggie. From your time posting here it was obvious you were very close to your mom and she sounded like a great lady.

Maggie, I am sorry to hear of your loss, I hope your mom had a long and joyous life.

Sorry for your loss.

I don't know if this will help at all but at least your mother lived a full life (I assume).... When my grandmothers passed it was hard, but you know what? they lived full lives..... So think about her life and the life she lived... We're not immortal.

My deepest condolences to you Maggie. Losing a parent is one of the hardest.

For me, even though it's 14 years on, I still find myself thinking "dad would be proud of this."

Your mom was blessed to have you for a daughter

I am not on here as much as I used to be, but wanted to say how sorry I am to hear this. I kinda followed your stories of your mothers health and was glad to hear she went peacefully.

Sorry for your loss Maggie.

Blessings, Maggie....

Having recently lost my sister, and our last words were an exchange of I love you, I know just how much that means.

I hope her journey is gentle, her landing soft.

Hugs.

I'm sorry to hear of your loss Maggie, she left you with a precious gift of loving words.
May God comfort you and your family as you go through this difficult time.

I'm terribly sorry for your loss, Maggie.

I am not on here as much as I used to be, but wanted to say how sorry I am to hear this. I kinda followed your stories of your mothers health and was glad to hear she went peacefully.

Sorry for your loss Maggie.

As have I..

Maggie: So sorry to hear about your mom. She was lucky to have a daughter as caring and concerned for her as you are. Peace.

Condolences and best wishes. I'm glad you got to be with her that night.

Sorry for your loss, Maggie.

As usual (it seems), I'm a latecomer to this type of thread - but I wanted to express my sincere condolences to you, Maggie. I haven't been that active lately myself on the forum, but I too have been sort of following the stories of your mother along the way.

It must be a hard time for you right now and I'll keep you in my prayers.

Can't imagine what it's like to lose a parent - both of mine are still living.

Have lost many friends along this journey of life and a few relatives lately - am so glad you got a chance to hold your mother's hand and say "I love you." I'm sure that helped her transition to be a smooth and peaceful one.

Hugs, Maggie - wishing you and John the best.

Please keep us updated on how things are going for you.

- Nightrider aka Kevin B.

I am so sorry for your loss. If there is any consolation, that is, she went peacefully, no more pain, no more misery. My deepest sympathy to you and your family.

Back
Top Bottom