• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Mom passed away this morning . . .

My dear Maggie,

I am at a loss for words. Please know that you occupy a special place in my heart, and that I am here for you always.

My condolences.

Peacefully, in her sleep. Her last words to me, last night, "I love you, too, Sweetheart."
Oh Maggie, I'm so very sorry. Over the last months reading your posts about taking care of your mother, it was obvious this was a daughter that took on a huge responsibility out of love. I'm so glad the last words you heard were "I love you". May your dear mom rest in peace and suffer no more. And you dear child know you did everything possible to make her comfortable to the end and are left with no regrets. My deepest sympathy for your loss Maggie. God Bless.

Peacefully, in her sleep. Her last words to me, last night, "I love you, too, Sweetheart."

(oh, my) There are never enough proper words to express condolences of significant value. The words pale in the magnitude of the moment when insurmountable grief may mix with blessings and even a little joy in remembrances.

Remember the joy over any tribulation. She knew joy in the realization of you. Your love, kindness, and devotion were examples of her life and teaching. In you, she knew happiness in life.

Sending up prayers for you and yours', and Mom

May peace and joy be with you, Ste Maggie

Thom

May she be blessed.
May she have peace.
May she be free from suffering.

Very sorry for your loss.

Sorry to hear. At least she is in peace. My deepest sympathy for you.

My deepest sympathy for your loss, Maggie. I'm thankful her passing was peaceful, but that's little comfort to the hole in your heart. My thoughts are with you tonight. *hugs*

Maggie, I'm so sorry for your loss. I know you'll miss her but hopefully you can take some measure of comfort knowing you were there for her.

I'm sorry to hear that Maggie. :(

I'm glad that she got to die peacefully with you by her side. That's absolutely priceless and you were an amazing daughter through it all.

Maggie, I don't really know you, other than from here, but I've always liked you, and always thought that you were absolutely amazing for the lengths you went for your mom. I just read this, and cried as I told my husband. I am so, so sorry for your loss. My aunt died last week and I didn't cry like I am right now. I am so sorry. You are an amazing daughter, and I am so glad that you were there with her at the end. God bless.

Deepest sympathies, Maggie. I went through it with both my parents and I know how much it hurts.

Sorry for your loss Maggie. Our prayers are with you and yours.

Maggie, I am so sorry for your loss. It's hard to offer people a condolence with words, as, really, what it requires is an embrace, a simple body language that imparts an understanding, a sharing of emotion...a commonality. Empathy is so much better in person. But look at this thread. Look at what is behind you, backing you, supporting you. You have the genuine concern and caring of so many, right here, a room full of digital hugs.

While sad, I am happy that your mother got to spend her last moments in life happily with her greatest creation in life. What parent could ever want for more? You are strong, smart, savvy, caring....your mother died a very happy woman, a promise you. I can only hope I, as a parent, will be as successful as your mother was.

Again, I am sorry for your loss, but...in a world so full of bad endings, I am happy hers was not. She got to embark on her last great adventure knowing that not only was her job done, it was done WELL.

Sorry for your loss Maggie. I know you all have been through a lot lately. Good thoughts for you and your family

OMG, words can't express the warm fuzzies I've gotten from everyone's kind words. You know, we've never met. Don't really "in person" know each other . . . and yet I feel as though every single one of you is my friend. Such kind words. Overwhelming, really. As Kevin reminded us, our digital connection may be fragile, but it's real.

Thank you so very much for your support, understanding through these many months, and all of the wonderful sentiments you've shared here. You simply can't know how much it means to me.

((Hugs))

OMG, words can't express the warm fuzzies I've gotten from everyone's kind words. You know, we've never met. Don't really "in person" know each other . . . and yet I feel as though every single one of you is my friend. Such kind words. Overwhelming, really. As Kevin reminded us, our digital connection may be fragile, but it's real.

Thank you so very much for your support, understanding through these many months, and all of the wonderful sentiments you've shared here. You simply can't know how much it means to me.

((Hugs))

You're good people, Maggie. It comes across in your words, and your actions. I can't speak for others, but it hurts me to know that someone I think highly of, is hurting.

((Hugs))

My condolences Maggie
hat.gif
.....I am glad you were able to speak with your mother and were able to hear her words, one last time. 3 years ago, my Mother passed away. Taken from us by Cancer. I was there alone, holding my mothers hand when she left. She was not able to speak or even open her eyes. To this very day.....I would give anything to have her, still here.

Best Wishes for you and yours.

I'm so sorry, Mags. You have my deepest condolences, as little as that means.

Sorry to hear about your loss Maggie, but I have to believe from your other posts that this was probably for the best.

A few years back, I lost my mom the same way. Glad that we were spared the extended hospital stay experience.

Condolences, best wises for you and your family. Sending all the spare Karma I have your way to be strong.

i'm really sorry, Maggie.

Sorry to hear that Maggie. May the living be healthy.

What a great way to leave us all! I mean compared to such terrible ways I have seen people abandon life, this seems better.

Maggie, sorry to hear this sad news. My condolence to you and your family at this time.

Back
Top Bottom