• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Mom passed away this morning . . .

MaggieD

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Moderate
Peacefully, in her sleep. Her last words to me, last night, "I love you, too, Sweetheart."

Peacefully, in her sleep. Her last words to me, last night, "I love you, too, Sweetheart."

Oh Maggie, I'm so so sorry. I am so glad she went peacefully and that you were with her. May you hold her memories close as you heal. Many hugs to you and may your mother fly with the angels!

Sorry to hear. Thankfully it was peaceful.

I'm very sorry to hear about this Maggie. My thoughts are with you and your family at this time. You were so good to take such care of her and be the kind of child every parent wishes they have to take care of them when it's most needed. I hope you have no issues with her friend at this time and if you need someone you know there are lots of people here for you.

I am deeply saddened to hear of your loss.
My thoughts are with you and your family and hope your find strength in your memories.

My most heartfelt condolences to you, Maggie.

It's nice to know that she went peacefully and with all the love you could give her. God bless you.

I'm sorry for your loss. :(

It's good to hear that she went peacefully, however. With any luck, you can find peace now as well. :)

I'm so sorry to hear this. My heartfelt sympathies and condolences, dear Maggie.

Condolences Maggie. And thank you for sharing this journey with us. Your good heart has been on display throughout. Bless you.

Please accept my condolences. It's hard. I watched my mother pass away about three years ago, and I miss her so much to this day as I'm sure you will, too. But the blessing is that, as with my mother, you got to hear your mom to tell you that she loved you...and it was a blessing to her, too, that you were with her until the end. She was not alone - she had her little girl with her until the end, and none of us can ever ask for more than that.

I'm sorry, Maggie. I hope you're doing ok.

I'm glad she went peacefully, and glad she had such a dedicated daughter. I've had little useful experience to contribute to your threads for advice about her situation, but I have read many of them, and it's clear you went above and beyond to give her the best you could in her last year or two.

Many hugs and a sunny day to you and yours.

Oh, dear. But....it couldn't have ended for her, or you, any better, could it? Peacefully in her sleep. After you and she told each other you love each other. She was very lucky to have you at your side. My mother passed away years ago. We weren't close, like you and your mother, but you know, the oddest thing is, I think about her every day. I'm sure you will hold her in your heart the rest of your days.

It helps me to think that I'll be reunited with loved ones somehow, some day. Even my pets. Not sure if I believe in heaven. But it's a comfort to me to think that may be so because, well, why not?

Oh Maggie, I'm so sorry. You were the best daughter she could have wished for, and that's why her last words were to you.! You've been brave and loving, and you have lots of memories to remember her by, and they will pop up from time to time, and you will smile at the remembrances, I promise. *hug* She taught you well, something all of us would agree on, and thank you for sharing your journey together with us.

Sorry to hear this sad news Maggie. You had time with each other right up until the end and that's priceless. I'm going to be a wreck when my mom eventually passes so know that you're in my thoughts.

I'm sorry to hear that Maggie. My thoughts are with you and your family.

So very sorry for your loss. Sounds like you got to say your goodbyes. What totally awesome last words.

Very sorry to hear that Maggie. Mom going is a really tough one.

Mo sheacht mbeannacht ort

Sorry for your loss Maggie. You've shared this journey with us, and we feel like we almost knew her through you. I'm happy for you, your mother, and your family that she died peacefully at home surrounded by those who love her. She shines on through you. Take care.

Im soooo sorry Maggie..

I wish you and your family strength, peace and love during this time of grieving...

Travis

Wow Maggs- I'm so sorry to hear that! :(
I am glad for her, and for you, that she passed peacefully in her sleep. That is the way I'd like to go, which I doubt seriously will happen. Hugs to you, and feel good about the fact that you two loved each other dearly, and you did everything for her that you could do. You are an excellent daughter, to a lucky mom.

Thank you so much all. I kinda' feel like ya'll are family. I sure do consider you good friend. *Hugs*

P.S. -- Funny how life works. John bought mom's house this afternoon.

Oh Maggie, I am so sorry. This sort of loss is always so hard to bear. I wish you the best.

Back
Top Bottom