• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Mollie Tibbets Murder Suspect Id'd[W:31, 141, 285, 415]

Re: Mollie Tibbets Murder Suspect Id'd

Her family asked people to stop politicizing her death. Why is it so hard to respect their wishes?

So stop doing it then...

Umm... yeah as it turns out the conviction of Trump's campaign manager and the guilty plea of the President of the United States Lawyer who admitted to breaking campaign finance law by paying off a hooker that Trump had sex with is actually important front page news. Whereas girl murdered is a tragedy, but not one that actually makes a difference in the lives of 99.999% of Americans.

If Mollie Tibbets was black and had been murdered by a white, preferably southern, dude, it would be front page news.

You might not, but Trix is avoiding or politisplaining that fact.

I didn't avoid anything, and I haven't politicized a death.

You might want to take another look at the moderator's warning about midway through the thread.
Discuss the subject, and stop making this about me.

The truth is, and I am going to repeat this again. If Mollie was not murdered by an illegal alien, she'd still be alive.
Now if you find my opinion politicizing a death, there's something seriously wrong with the way that you process my opinion.

So stop doing it then...

Um, I havent. You clearly arent respecting them, even questioning if the cousin is her cousin. You are so busy avoiding that it was a GOP figure that hired him....partisan hack

I didn't avoid anything, and I haven't politicized a death.

You might want to take another look at the moderator's warning about midway through the thread.
Discuss the subject, and stop making this about me.

Oh, but you have.

No, you're the only one attacking. And you're avoiding the simple fact: Had immigration law been effectively enforced, Mollie Tibbets would be alive.

ands..ifs...and buts.......you can apply in every situation. Sad that you want to exploit her death to make a political statement. Personally I find it sickening....but both sides do it in politics....sadly.

The world is imperfect and we can only do the good within our reach. Had immigration law been effectively enforced, Mollie Tibbets would be alive.

Kind of like "if it saves one life, then its all worth it" argument.... in the end, rather irrational. Perhaps if his mother had an abortion * the child would not have been unwanted and this won't have happened..... really? shoulda, coulda, woulda's.... you can't extrapolate on incident on a population.

No, the macro argument remains: illegal aliens actually commit less crimes than US citizens. They don't commit "no" crimes, but less crimes. There is no rational basis for arguing tougher immigration laws lead to less crime.

(* - You do realize there is a line of reasoning that tells us the liberalization of abortion in the 1970's let to slowing of violent crime in the 1990's.... do you really want to go down such rabbit holes?)

Last edited:
Re: Mollie Tibbets Murder Suspect Id'd[W:31]

No mention of our white boy rubes 20000 killings?
Man, and one brown guy and we have an orgasm

If you are having an orgasm please have the decency to keep it to yourself.

Moderator's Warning:
This thread is not about Trump, Obama, or Hillary. It is about the murder of a woman and her killer. Stick to the topic, and stop the personalized remarks or there will be thread bans handed out at the very least.

I think your message needs to be repeated again...

Pasting the murderers head on top of every single person who comes to this country isn't going to work, even if they came here illegally. It's still not going to work. You're the folks who scream indignantly that the white supremacists and nazis don't represent everyone in your political party.
This murderer doesn't represent everyone who crosses the border.
AND NO, DEMOCRATS ARE NOT IN FAVOR OF OPEN BORDERS. So you can stop telling that lie, too.

Running around doing the Willie Horton dance and lying about the opposition isn't going to work this time.

You are just afraid to be considered racist, that's wy you are dismissing his illegal alien status.

Can we be rational please? Why not read exactly what I wrote and write an intelligent rebuttal to the argument I am making or don't post.

The short version of what I am posting, for the reading impaired: It is wrong to extrapolate the actions of an individual on a whole community, especially when the evidence is to the contrary.

ands..ifs...and buts.......you can apply in every situation. Sad that you want to exploit her death to make a political statement. Personally I find it sickening....but both sides do it in politics....sadly.

I'm not making a political point. I'm making a civil society point. If our laws had been properly enforced she would be alive.

Kind of like "if it saves one life, then its all worth it" argument.... in the end, rather irrational. Perhaps if his mother had an abortion * the child would not have been unwanted and this won't have happened..... really? shoulda, coulda, woulda's.... you can't extrapolate on incident on a population.

No, the macro argument remains: illegal aliens actually commit less crimes than US citizens. They don't commit "no" crimes, but less crimes. There is no rational basis for arguing tougher immigration laws lead to less crime.

(* - You do realize there is a line of reasoning that tells us the liberalization of abortion in the 1970's let to slowing of violent crime in the 1990's.... do you really want to go down such rabbit holes?)

I have made no point about any population. My point is about civil society. Had our laws been properly enforced she would be alive.
And FWIW, I suspect there is indeed a causal relationship between fewer unwanted pregnancies and a subsequent slowing of violent crime.

If Mollie Tibbets was black and had been murdered by a white, preferably southern, dude, it would be front page news.

No, actually it wouldn't. Particularly not on a day when the President's former campaign chairmen are convicted on eight counts of tax evasion and the President's own personal lawyer pleads guilty to multiple crimes while implicating the President himself as a co-conspirator.

Pasting the murderers head on top of every single person who comes to this country isn't going to work, even if they came here illegally. It's still not going to work. You're the folks who scream indignantly that the white supremacists and nazis don't represent everyone in your political party.

This murderer doesn't represent everyone who crosses the border.

AND NO, DEMOCRATS ARE NOT IN FAVOR OF OPEN BORDERS. So you can stop telling that lie, too.

Running around doing the Willie Horton dance and lying about the opposition isn't going to work this time.

Nobody said he did and nobody has said the Democrats are all in favor of open borders, that's your :spin:
So save your straw for the farm animals.

The point you are ignoring is that if Immigration laws were enforced, making it damn hard for someone like this murdering sob to get over here, Mollie would still be alive.
I've read in the thread that he passed e-verify. I, for one, want to know how this was possible. Did he have illegal documents, or is there a glitch in the system?

I'm not making a political point. I'm making a civil society point. If our laws had been properly enforced she would be alive.

You can try to spin it all you like Jack...but the bottom line is, you ....and people like you....are seeking to capitalize and exploit this woman's death in order to make an argument regarding immigration. That is just sick. Her death is a tragedy and deserves to be treated as such. Her death is not yours to exploit.

Nobody said he did and nobody has said the Democrats are all in favor of open borders, that's your :spin:
So save your straw for the farm animals.

The point you are ignoring is that if Immigration laws were enforced, making it damn hard for someone like this murdering sob to get over here, Mollie would still be alive.
I've read in the thread that he passed e-verify. I, for one, want to know how this was possible. Did he have illegal documents, or is there a glitch in the system?
Is it verified that his employer used E-verify...

You can try to spin it all you like Jack...but the bottom line is, you ....and people like you....are seeking to capitalize and exploit this woman's death in order to make an argument regarding immigration. That is just sick. Her death is a tragedy and deserves to be treated as such. Her death is not yours to exploit.

Alinsky spin and it's beyond thin at this point.
Mollie's death puts a fine point on our broken immigration system, the real danger SOME unvetted, undocumented, illegal aliens present to the good citizens of America, whom our elected leaders should be protecting, and the many other senseless tragedies that have occurred to innocent Americans as the result of an illegal alien being here in the first place.
Mollie's death was 100% avoidable, and that is a catastrophic failure of our failed immigration policies, failure to implement our immigration policies, failure to enforce our laws and failure to protect American lives above all else.

So, what you're really saying here, is that we shouldn't talk about this in terms that make Democrats, open-borders, ICE-abolishing, illegal alien enabling factions look like they've got blood on their hands, and we're going to throw the usual names at you, like racist and anti-immigrant and bigot to shut you up.

Again, and this is important...the jig's up.

Last edited:

Alinsky spin and it's beyond thin at this point.

Mollie's death puts a fine point on our broken immigration system, the real danger SOME unvetted, undocumented, illegal aliens

Sorry, no spin needed. Just the facts.

https://www.desmoinesregister.com/s...-owned-republican-iowa-craig-lang/1059482002/

As it turns out this man was a legitimate migrant worker who went through legal means to enter the country and was working on a farm owned by a prominent Iowa Republican family.

There is an average of 43 people murdered daily in the US. I don't recall all their names.

But it is always interesting how one person missing or murdered gets prime time news coverage.

Sorry, no spin needed. Just the facts.

https://www.desmoinesregister.com/s...-owned-republican-iowa-craig-lang/1059482002/

As it turns out this man was a legitimate migrant worker who went through legal means to enter the country and was working on a farm owned by a prominent Iowa Republican family.

HUH?

In the statement, Dane Lang said Rivera worked for Yarrabee Farms for four years and passed the government’s vetting process. Investigators visited the farm Monday to speak with employees.

Investigators said Rivera was in the country without proper legal documentation.

Back
Top Bottom