• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Mollie Tibbets Murder Suspect Id'd[W:31, 141, 285, 415]

Re: Mollie Tibbets Murder Suspect Id'd

The story is what it is, Higgins. If you've been unaware of it, that's on you; UK sources have published articles all along about her disappearance. The fact, however inconvenient, is that Tibbetts was murdered by an illegal immigrant. That IS part of the story, and it's a significant part: If Rivera hadn't been here illegally, Tibbetts wouldn't be dead.

There are thousands of illegal immigrants in the US right now not killing people. For me the murderer being illegal is as irrelevant as that father who murder his wife and kids being a citizen.

There are thousands of illegal immigrants in the US right now not killing people. For me the murderer being illegal is as irrelevant as that father who murder his wife and kids being a citizen.

Except that you can't stop a citizen from being here to kill.

He has worked on the farm for 4 years.
They said he was everified but he could have easily used a fake or Stolen SSN.
I doubt he was everified.

police are going to have to look to see if there are any other unsolved murders that are similar.
it could be that they could a serial killer hiding on a farm.

it seems that he tried to make a pass at her and she told him to take a hike and he didn't like it.
it will be interesting to see if other girls that were reported missing fit the same MO.
they will need to trace his steps back etc ...

From ABC News:

Yarrabee Farms, the Iowa farm that employed the suspect charged with killing Mollie Tibbetts, defended its vetting of Cristhian Bahena Rivera late Tuesday. The farm says Rivera passed the government's background check and it had no idea he was an undocumented immigrant. https://abcnews.go.com/US/farm-susp...der-passed-background-check/story?id=57324017

From 590kid.com radio:

Rivera’s employer, Yarrabee Farms, confirmed Tuesday that Rivera worked at the farm for four years and said Rivera passed the federal E-Verify check, which is intended to maintain a database of I-9 forms and tax records of employees across the country.

But experts tell Fox News the E-Verify system is not fool-proof and can be thwarted.

Dane Lang, one of the farm’s owners, said all documents regarding Rivera’s employment have been turned in to authorities. Yarrabee Farms is also owned by Craig Lang, the former president of the Iowa Farm Bureau and a former Secretary of Agriculture in Iowa on the GOP ticket this year.

...Immigration officials have not confirmed if Rivera’s identity was entered into the E-Verify database. Authorities have said he arrived to the U.S. illegally from Mexico between 4 and 7 years ago. Mollie Tibbetts murder suspect, illegal immigrant Cristhian Rivera, allegedly passed E-Verify system

Learning how Rivera may have eluded E-Verify is going to be very important. The system isn't foolproof and whatever this "glitch" was needs to be determined.

False equivocation.
If the illegal was not in this country, she wouldn't be dead.

ifs and buts.........you can apply that to every situation. IF...I hadn't gotten in the car, I wouldn't have been in that accident.....Sad that the Trumpettes are so desperate they will exploit this girls death to further their agenda.

Common excuse and strawman. Wish you could personally ask the family.

No....you guys are just looking to exploit her death for your political arguments....thats the true strawman.

Sounds like a Democratic Party campaign slogan to me. You should put signs in her family's yard offering this as condolences.

Condolences? You guys couldn't wait to exploit her death.....so forgive me if I don't buy your "condoloences".

The fed tracks murders by race, age, sex, income and a plethora of other dermographics. But not by illegal aliens, what is wrong with that pic?

Yet, there has been research on this issue. This is a pretty good piece that discusses the various research on the subject.

Immigration and Crime - Oxford Research Encyclopedia of Criminology

Its summary (opening paragraph)...

".....In the context of crime, victimization, and immigration in the United States, research shows that people are afraid of immigrants because they think immigrants are a threat to their safety and engage in many violent and property crimes. However, quantitative research has consistently shown that being foreign born is negatively associated with crime overall and is not significantly associated with committing either violent or property crime. If an undocumented immigrant is arrested for a criminal offense, it tends to be for a misdemeanor. Researchers suggest that undocumented immigrants may be less likely to engage in serious criminal offending behavior because they seek to earn money and not to draw attention to themselves....."

ifs and buts.........you can apply that to every situation. IF...I hadn't gotten in the car, I wouldn't have been in that accident.....Sad that the Trumpettes are so desperate they will exploit this girls death to further their agenda.

I despise Trump, but it's clear MT would still be alive if immigration law had been properly enforced.

You're the one who is exploiting her death with an agenda in mind.
Your agenda is to mitigate/marginalize how she was killed and by whom.
The original post clearly does not mention politics.
You're the poster who is making it about a political narrative.

Yet, there has been research on this issue. This is a pretty good piece that discusses the various research on the subject.

Immigration and Crime - Oxford Research Encyclopedia of Criminology

Its summary (opening paragraph)...

".....In the context of crime, victimization, and immigration in the United States, research shows that people are afraid of immigrants because they think immigrants are a threat to their safety and engage in many violent and property crimes. However, quantitative research has consistently shown that being foreign born is negatively associated with crime overall and is not significantly associated with committing either violent or property crime. If an undocumented immigrant is arrested for a criminal offense, it tends to be for a misdemeanor. Researchers suggest that undocumented immigrants may be less likely to engage in serious criminal offending behavior because they seek to earn money and not to draw attention to themselves....."

To which the proper response is: So what? Mollie Tibbets was murdered by an illegal immigrant.

You're the one who is exploiting her death with an agenda in mind.
Your agenda is to mitigate/marginalize how she was killed and by whom.
The original post clearly does not mention politics.
You're the poster who is making it about a political narrative.

Oh puh-lease....you guys couldn't wait to exploit her death as soon as you found that it fit your political agenda. Its sick seeing how the right-wing is using this tragedy to further their beliefs.

Oh puh-lease....you guys couldn't wait to exploit her death as soon as you found that it fit your political agenda. Its sick seeing how the right-wing is using this tragedy to further their beliefs.

Looks to me like the only exploiting is being done by you.

How did I exploit her death?
Check yourself and stop with the false accusations.

then you aren't looking very hard....or you are conveniently oblivious.

No, you're the only one attacking. And you're avoiding the simple fact: Had immigration law been effectively enforced, Mollie Tibbets would be alive.

To which the proper response is: So what? Mollie Tibbets was murdered by an illegal immigrant.

To which my response is "so what", she was murdered. The fact that the murder was done by an illegal immigrant is as germane as the fact that his name was Cristhian.

As per my post #41, "... People are trying to turn this one into something that it is not, some type of indictment on illegal immigration. Its not. Its a tragedy that speaks to the depravity of humanity; not to a particular group of people...."

As per my post #84, there is no evidence that illegal immigrants commit more crimes than US citizens. In fact, the evidence says the opposite: they actually commit less crimes.

The subject here is the tragedy committed by a despicable individual. Laying his actions off on a group of people is a different type of despicable act by those with a shallow political agenda.

This is no more a rational argument against illegal immigration than it is a rational argument against naming your kid Cristhian.

Her family asked people to stop politicizing her death. Why is it so hard to respect their wishes?

Yes, respect Mollie and her family here and stop turning this into something that it is not.

Why was this the number #1 news story on Fox last night? Were they that out of touch with what is really happening in the world? Despicable!

Last edited:

To which my response is "so what", she was murdered. The fact that the murder was done by an illegal immigrant is as germane as the fact that his name was Joe.

As per my post #41, "... People are trying to turn this one into something that it is not, some type of indictment on illegal immigration. Its not. Its a tragedy that speaks the the depravity of humanity; not to a particular group of people...."

As per my post #84, there is no evidence that illegal immigrants commit more crimes than US citizens. In fact, the evidence says the opposite: they actually commit less crimes.

The subject here is what a tragedy committed by a despicable individual. Laying his actions off on a group of people is a different type of despicable act by those with a shallow political agenda.

The world is imperfect and we can only do the good within our reach. Had immigration law been effectively enforced, Mollie Tibbets would be alive.

No, you're the only one attacking. And you're avoiding the simple fact: Had immigration law been effectively enforced, Mollie Tibbets would be alive.

His GOP boss didnt follow the law

Will trump use this terrible crime to cover his crimes?

Republicans will see it is as a political opportunity. Just watch.

To which my response is "so what", she was murdered. The fact that the murder was done by an illegal immigrant is as germane as the fact that his name was Cristhian.

As per my post #41, "... People are trying to turn this one into something that it is not, some type of indictment on illegal immigration. Its not. Its a tragedy that speaks the the depravity of humanity; not to a particular group of people...."

The subject here is what a tragedy committed by a despicable individual. Laying his actions off on a group of people is a different type of despicable act by those with a shallow political agenda.

This is no more a rational argument against illegal immigration than it is a rational argument against naming your kid Cristhian.

You are just afraid to be considered racist, that's wy you are dismissing his illegal alien status.

Back
Top Bottom